Sage_Elias

Radical Honesty - Share all your Secrets !

136 posts in this topic

When you Reveal the truth about who you are...your mind no longer needs to constantly have a cover up story.

Hiding or withholding information causes our minds to constantly try to find the perfect arrangement of words (or story) which makes us seem better than we actually are.

Admit it...you are fucked up! And so am I

the image that we have of ourselves of being this "decent, polite" person represents a very limited aspect of who we are, because our experience constantly contradicts with this self image...we get angry at our neighbor, we are attracted to the 16yr old girl and we like to smoke pot.

So there you have it, a self image which says one thing and while direct experience says something totally different.

When reality contradicts self image, the mind struggles to make sense of this.

Telling the truth of who you are frees you from the mind's constant chatter of trying to cover up the truth.

So what are your secrets? What are you hiding? I'm afraid to post mine...but hopefully you guys will inspire me to do so by starting first!

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

I’m not actually an old lady. 

@Nahm How much difference is there between an old man with low testosterone and moobs and an old lady? I think I may be morphing :D

Nice thread. I like boys and girls 

I wouldn't tell my parents, they're quite old fashioned. Otherwise I guess it's not a secret

Edited by Autumn

My brain is 51% male and 49 % female (considered balanced) according to Brainfall.com.

It's not a secret, just something I wouldn't normally share with people.

I dressed in drag one halloween and looked so hot I would have shocked an old lady (not @Nahm)

2 hours ago, Sage_Elias said:

Radical Honesty - Share all your Secrets !

@Sage_Elias I would but it would be a little too fucked up, in general and for this forum. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I scored 60% male brain on brainfall.

@John Lula I’ve occasionally experienced harm anxiety. I was reluctant to tell anyone. I did some research online and the consensus in psychology is that people who experience harm anxiety are LESS likely to act on it. 

I’ve always been different, I got high IQ, I love to be honest. All these keep getting me into trouble so I try not to show it. Now you have it! Most of the people find it scary, annoying, intimidating etc

Wow, I can’t believe I said it, now I might be in trouble again, all your fault! Haha

(weird ?!?!)

I have an opinion on everything :D

55 minutes ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

I’ve always been different, I got high IQ,

Then you might like this ;)

I am completely naked when i post.

Careful now ;)

B R E A T H E

This is my worst day of the year thus far. Got my grandmas car stolen today out  of my own stupidity and it’s really traumatizing. I wasn’t expressing my shame or suffering much, so I question if I’ve fully processed it. I’m having troubles letting go of thought as this post suggests ?

I was just talking to a moderator about this very subject.

This forum needs to thrive on radical honesty. Even if the person is wrong, they're given the opportunity to learn from honest feedback as opposed to a forum that leads to an inevitable echo chamber in the context of censoring truth.

4 hours ago, Natasha said:

That was great!  Hawking is so humble he didn't even mention he did some vocals in a Pink Floyd song.  I like how they worked Carl Sagan into the rap.  

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

Very funny, thank you haha

4 hours ago, pluto said:

I am completely naked when i post.

Careful now ;)

I'm trying not to picture that! haha

I feel naked! ;)

I have an opinion on everything :D

I have a lifelong video game addiction that I've never completely recovered from.

I also prefer talking only to girls who are pretty even if they are dumb as a shoe. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus