Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inFlow

Does Enlightenment destroy all karma?

19 posts in this topic

It felt like I became aware that there is such a thing as Karma, and it all vanished right away when I had an enlightenment/samadhi experience.

Can anyone say anything about it?

Mahadev

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

With imagination, you betcha. 

Haha

Mahadev

@inFlow he's being literal lol. 

its not enlightenment per say that ends karma, its imagination that does. 

‘There is no fate for those who reach or experience the heavens.’

Wouldn't enlightenment essentially mean you have experienced non-duality? Therefore karma no longer matters as it's all part of the same thing.

Awakening is a ‘self remembering’.....”prior to” the awakening was ‘self forgetting’. There is typically then an effort of trying to ‘remember the remembering’, an intention & effort to prolong the honeymoon, followed by an effortless forgetting of the remembering. The ‘higher self’ is creating the ‘lower self’ effortlessly, because in actuality there is no higher & lower self, only via thought, sensory & perception implications. This distinction is the difference between karma and not. What is has karma, what is not does not. The effort itself recreates a self, an unseen process of re-forgetting.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Just some imagery appearing: I like the imagery of “forgetting”  and “remembering” of self. It seems the mind is conditioned to remember and maintain the self construct - as if this self construct is very important for well-being and survival. The mind “checks in” hundreds of times each day on the self. “How am I doing? Am I doing better than yesterday? Am I doing better than him? Am I improving? What if xyz happens and how would it effect me?”

It seems humans have transient forgetting of self - perhaps while playing a sport or boogie boarding ocean waves. Yet then the mind remembers to “check in” again on the self “Yep, I’m still here. How is this going to affect me?”. 

@Serotoninluv Heck ya. It’s such a slippery slope, even “my mind”, is like holding the back door of the night club “The Mine” open, and in walk the acts...The Conditions, The Others... Then “The Suffering” takes the stage, and suddenly outta nowhere yet right under the nose - cowbell guy stands up from the seat right next to ya and it’s like....ahhhhhh son of a bitch! I held the damn door open again! How’d I do that again exactly? And cowbell guy’s like........”like this!” (melts your face with horrible cowbell solo).  He nods to your hands, you look down, and there’s a beer in one and a cigarette in the other and you’re like AAWWW COME ON?!?!  What the hell!?     I don’t even recall deciding to go to this club. :( 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I had to comment on this out of my own curiosity 

your seriously still listening to that cowbell song after all these years? 

@Nahm yeah if that was the case, i was going to say that the answer even humbled myself 

(praying hands emoji) 

You are like the curious case of fraklin benjamin , have you seen the movie? 

I finally found the words to ask you 

have you ever had a scientific awakening, political awakening, historical awakening, war-related awakening ? 

Edited by Aakash

nahm 

there is currently no difference between me and a table in my direct experience 

that means your no more awakened than me. LOL because you are me and i am you. 

I feel like i'm in the centre of a black hole LOL 

Like there is my consciousness (i)  

consciousness saying that this is (i) as consciousness 

slapping its hand on the humans chest saying this is (i) but it is refering to the consciousness 

do we all have that "i" because it is the same I 

or do i need to get rid of the "i"

the key feature is ... i have no knowledge structure. I simply don't know anything. so its the only thing i can be sure about lol. 

no enlightenment, no awakening, no omniscient consciousness, 

LOL i'm literally using words to talk to myself, like what question could i ask you possibly, when you are me. about whether I have reached the absolute. When i am myself typing in the absolute with words, on a computer. 

This is it lol, the middle of a dualities. 

it can be all possibilities, illusion and eal , illusion or real , neither etc.. etc.. 

because duality itself doesn't exist LOL its a pair that doesn't exist, neither of the sides of the equations. 

Edited by Aakash

@Serotoninluv aww man, massive love to you serotonin! 

i love you very much :) 

Edited by Aakash

@Serotoninluv:) 

@Nahm I can't make distinctions anymore.  

everything has become the same

I can have no choice but to say, 

"this is the highest thing i know" 

it is the absence of mind 

exactly as i thought it would happen

the mind surrenders itself, because it can no longer make any distinctions. 

So what is it's purpose. Nothing. Survival. 

This is the meta-mind, not the brain mind. 

its basically lol, the end of reality because you can't even describe it as reality

basically the nature of things is that its nature is

its very dangerous to mistake consciousness for an illusion, but its the same to take it completely as real 

because it is neither. 

the whole point of duality is to say 

1) one is true , the other is false

2) one is false, the other is true 

3) both are true

4) both are true and neither true at the same time 

5) both are neither false nor true 

i forgot the rest, but that jain thing, is how to work through duality step by step to collapse it lol