Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ibn Sina

Recording stuffs

32 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Are you addicted to thinking? 

At  the present, Yes. I hope I will get  out of this habit one day.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Insights-
-A tumor of silence  that is growing and obliterating my mind. The mind cannot even concieve the silence. It gets obliterated.

-Identification leads to reaction. If you react, then that means you are identified. If you don't react to the thought, you are either in awareness or you are unconscious or you are suppressing it. The goal is awareness.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

2 hours ago, Ibn Sina said:

At  the present, Yes. I hope I will get  out of this habit one day.

I think i'm a lot like you. I love being smart and rational and I really pride myself on intelligence. I'm at a point in my journey where i'm really focusing on feeling rather than thinking. Turn your attention to how you feel and see if you make progress.

My stupid mind is learning stuffs that will eventually kill itself ??. Well, mind I guess you have made me suffer a lot, so I have nothing to wish you but your death.

Edited by Ibn Sina

Your true nature is consciousness. Consciosness fooled itself into thinking that it is not the itself but something else.

Outflow of love is poison to the ego.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:49 AM, Ibn Sina said:

My stupid mind is learning stuffs that will eventually kill itself ??. Well, mind I guess you have made me suffer a lot, so I have nothing to wish you but your death.

We don't want to kill anything. The mind can be a great tool. When untamed, it's like a wild horse that will kick you over and over again. So the key is to get a hold of it and train it to work for you in a conscious manner. That means shadow work, meditation, contemplation, mindfulness practices, etc. Then when awaken, transcending and integrating it as part of a collective ego-mind phenomena :)

On 1/7/2020 at 8:32 AM, Natasha said:

We don't want to kill anything. The mind can be a great tool. When untamed, it's like a wild horse that will kick you over and over again. So the key is to get a hold of it and train it to work for you in a conscious manner. That means shadow work, meditation, contemplation, mindfulness practices, etc. Then when awaken, transcending and integrating it as part of a collective ego-mind phenomena :)

Thanx. Yea, I am just trying to change my relationship with my mind.  I don't want my mind to control me, but the other way around. By killing my mind I actually mean killing my 'egoic mind', the mind which causes a lot of suffering  in me.

- Read Mangala Sutta.
- Read about- Bodhidharma, and other monks of ancient china and japan whose names I have forgotten now.
- Downloaded Majjhima Nikaya, Anguttaro Nikaya, Samyuttanikaya, Dhammasanghini.
-  Watched Bhikku Bodhi's lecture  on Anguttaro Nikaya
- Read and understood the wikipedia article on Critique of  pure reason. Mind got absolutely blown.
- Read the biography of Spinoza.
-  Read and understood some topics in the intro of Science of Logic by Hegel.  Mind=Blown.  It's too huge and dry to study, but  I have developed a method to learn it, am planning to learn it in bits. Have read 150 pages of it but am planning to read it again by making notes.
- Deeply understood the concept of Ni. 

Edited by Ibn Sina