LoveandPurpose

do you ever get tired of what you love doing?

14 posts in this topic

I'm currently trying to find my Life Purpose. I think I like Psychology very much, but recently I can't bother studying it. 

Is that a hint that I don't really like it that much or is it natural that sometimes you stop craving the things you like doing?

"Psychology" is very vague.

What do you like about it, whatever it is?

What precisely turns you off about studying it?

It's Love.

4 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

I'm currently trying to find my Life Purpose. I think I like Psychology very much, but recently I can't bother studying it. 

Is that a hint that I don't really like it that much or is it natural that sometimes you stop craving the things you like doing?

I have the same problem at the moment.

I can see myself being a Psychologist/psychotherapist in the future, but as soon as i open any book about Psychology, and it starts getting into deep scientific concepts and stuff i tend to get bored very quickly and feel meh towards it.

@Psyche_92 You can go into the fields that you are more interested in 

Just some examples

I once went to a workshop where the practitioner taught and did exercises from a course in a miracles. She would host this weekly, and charge $15/class and had it going for 12 weeks

I have a life coach that specializes in helping people in their careers and increasing their productivity but I go to her for spiritual work 

You can get certification under Bruce Lipton's Psych K program and they will help market your services (on top of your own marketing) 

Peter Ralston has his own business model. I think it's workshops in small settings and individualized coaching 

I have a friend on Instagram that hosts workshops 1x/month and charges $10 per person. When I went 15 people showed up. You can sell courses, books as well as offer 1 on 1 coaching and whatever else your creative mind and concoct. 

15 minutes ago, d0ornokey said:

@Psyche_92 You can go into the fields that you are more interested in 

Just some examples

I once went to a workshop where the practitioner taught and did exercises from a course in a miracles. She would host this weekly, and charge $15/class and had it going for 12 weeks

I have a life coach that specializes in helping people in their careers and increasing their productivity but I go to her for spiritual work 

You can get certification under Bruce Lipton's Psych K program and they will help market your services (on top of your own marketing) 

Peter Ralston has his own business model. I think it's workshops in small settings and individualized coaching 

I have a friend on Instagram that hosts workshops 1x/month and charges $10 per person. When I went 15 people showed up. You can sell courses, books as well as offer 1 on 1 coaching and whatever else your creative mind and concoct. 

I wonder how people like that get started?

If I decided tomorrow that I wanted to host a course about miracles for $15, nobody would show up.

Even if I were a genuine miracle man, I would still have no name and nobody would care.

I'm assuming these people you mentioned all amassed a form of social media following first before charging for sessions?

It's Love.

When I studied, I found the theory to be very boring. You study to do what you want to do after that, it’s not the study that you need to be passionate about, it’s the resulting job. If you really want to be a psychologist, you do need to study to become one but once you get there it’ll be all worth it! :)

I have an opinion on everything :D

@RendHeaven yeah social media a great way to go for marketing 

Yes it's not as hard as you think to get clients, anyone can do it. You first have a good service that fulfills a need and then find a method to market it. 

I would find some entrepreneurs who do it and ask them questions. They have a lot of business wisdom 

I would also look into reading books and taking courses, ebenpagan has great courses to get you started 

I would get into communities where people do business. People making money doing this stuff will become the norm, which will really really help. There are tons of workshops, events, and meetups in major cities 

As well as starting small and working your way up 

Edited by d0ornokey

Personally I've always wanted to go into Law and Justice and when I began studying it the classes were challenging, but because I have a deep passion towards the subject the assignments only partially feel like work. For instance the complex text I would hate to study for a different subject could keep my interest for hours. If you need your career path to be fulfilling but you can't pursue psychology fully, then maybe there is a different topic you could be more excited about/that your heart would be more invested in. But at the same time maybe you're just getting bored because school gets like that and pushing through might be worth it later on, once you're using your skills in the real world.

@LoveandPurpose  There are many different uses of psychology, you could do scientific research, which is very challenging, because your results depend on the trustworthiness of your subjects and also the human psyche is incredibly complex, but you could also do like some sort of therapy, where you could use your spiritual knowledge to help people, without having to dig into some nerdy stuff you know, both can be very rewarding :) 

I don't know, if you found your life passion, you'd be working without getting tired of it!

this is my experience with psychology! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 2019-07-19 at 2:02 PM, Shiva said:

Look for the thing that you can lose yourself in. 

For me it's data analysis and programming.

Sometimes I just sit there and want to figure something out. Time flies and all of the sudden 4 hours have passed without me noticing it. Sometimes I can even forget to eat and drink because I'm so focused. And when I go to the bathroom my mind keeps thinking about the work.

This is passion.

Now during these 4h I might get frustrated a lot because shit just won't work. But that's not important.

What matters is that you're fully engaged with what you're doing and that you love the sense of accomplishment you get when you achieve your goals.

That's passion. That's purpose.

This is what you want. Drop your ideas about some ideal purpose. It is never perfect. Ultimately you just want something that you can lose yourself in.

?? :)

Sailing on the ceiling 

If you truly love what you are doing its not possible to get tired of doing it. If you are tired of it, it can only mean one thing.

I'll let you figure it out :)

B R E A T H E

How do you define getting tired? Frustration and exhaustion is not getting tired to me. If you do your passion for any length of time of course you are going to run into frustrating situations and you are going to need a break to eat and shit at some point!

Also don't confuse resistance with you not being passionate. Resistance is you being passionate but still fearful about whatever might be.

Watch for indifference. If you're indifferent about your thing then you may want to consider other avenues. Picture yourself in ten years. Do you still want that thing in your life?

Sailing on the ceiling 

@Rigel  Of course, it's not like you become passionate and you can survive on breatharianism, but what I observe even on myself, that when I am really in a flow state, time goes by so quickly and I dont get hungry or thirsty, it is just one long period of joy without distractions.