Brivido

Kriya yoga, third eye opening and having constant visuals

6 posts in this topic

I have been meditating for the past 3 months mentally chanting om and focusing on the third eye chakra, as suggested by many teachers. Right after I started doing it, I was having mild visuals with my eyes closed, but, now things are starting to get a little bit crazy, I see infinite fractals, it feels, almost, as if I am on LSD every time I close my eyes. Plus, I started having premonitory dreams about things that are going to happen in my life. Has anyone been through this, or had the same experience while practicing Kriya Yoga? Is it normal, should I keep practicing? 

Everything you can or will encounter in this world is normal.

Mahadev

@Brivido This is cool, isn't it?? Don't know about the dreams, however, the fractals is a good sign. Funny how you got to post this at this time because myself have started seeing fractals and trails of objects when moving fast, cars, waving hand ect. maybe couple of weeks ago. Doesn't seem to go away. Nothing has a fixed point in my visual field anymore.

I've labeled this as a good sign because this is very likely an indication of you basic consciousness level rising. On the other hand, we could just be losing our shit ?

@Brivido So when you closed your eyes, you saw visual hallucinations/peturbances ? What are they like? Like if I close my eyes and rub my eyes, does it look like that? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

6 hours ago, karkaore said:

I've labeled this as a good sign because this is very likely an indication of you basic consciousness level rising. On the other hand, we could just be losing our shit

To be honest is kind of scary, I don't really want to be tripping all the time, that's why I am trying to understand if it's a common thing while doing a meditation practice with a focus on the third eye. In my case the visuals are not happening with my eyes open, but only with eyes closed.

@lmfao

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

So when you closed your eyes, you saw visual hallucinations/peturbances ? What are they like? Like if I close my eyes and rub my eyes, does it look like that? 

It didn't happen only once. I can see visuals every time I close my eyes, I see lights of the same colors of an LSD trip, yellow, green and blue which morph into all kind of things. Before I go to sleep and while I meditate they get more intense.