Autumn

A good practice to have better conversations

3 posts in this topic

There's a practice I've been doing lately and it has really been helping improve my conversations.

I have always been a bit socially awkward, having difficulty maintaining "normal" eye contact and whatnot. Since I've been trying this practice, I've noticed a definite improvement.

The idea is to have definite positive thoughts about whoever you're talking to during the conversation.

For an example - you're talking to a coworker about their weekend and while it's their turn to talk, you form a positive thought in your head about them. Like, "you're really a sweet person" or "I always love your attitude".

Something simple, true, and positive.

I've noticed that since I started doing this that my eye contact has improved. My responses to whatever they say are more positive and constructive. I smile more. My general aura seems to improve and I have better conversations.

Of course make sure to actually listen to whatever the person is saying (this is always very important) but try to slip a positive thought in here and there.

Edited by Autumn

I like that. I also watch their body language to see whether they’re interested, like it etc.

I have an opinion on everything :D