Mikael89

The absurdity of existence

26 posts in this topic

On 14/07/2019 at 1:45 PM, Mikael89 said:

I don't have the ability to create my own company and then sit at home and do nothing while millions of $ rolls into my bank account.

This is backwards. Rich people are hardworkers... unless they used corrupt means.

I'm on my way to becoming very rich. I have a clear vision, I know what to do and I have the discipline to do it. Make no mistake: there is very little room for time spent irresponsibly.

Happiness is not sitting around on a sack of money.

unborn Truth

Oh this is tricky... I love it :D

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

There will be next lives. And they will be Now.

Yes, whatever occurs in the future will be "now."

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Also previous lives were Now.

Yes, whatever has occurred in the past has been "now."

But then what the mind likes to do is that it imagines this "now" travelling from past to future.

Even after we accept that "Now is all there ever is," we still have this sense that "now" has somewhere to go, as if it is continually chugging along the train tracks of an infinite timeline.

The insight I have here is that those train tracks literally do not exist. Now has nowhere to go. Utter stillness.

The ramifications of this are reality-bending.

If what I am saying is true, that means that everything that has ever happened from "the past" is happening NOW.

Furthermore, everything that will ever happen in "the future" is happening NOW.

When's the last time you drank water? This morning? Well, that experience of drinking water is actually happening NOW. Not a "now" from earlier today, but actually NOW.

In one iteration of 'Now' we experience a glass of water being consumed, and in another iteration of 'Now' there is no glass of water, so our minds mark these as different and separate occasions even if we think of them as both being "now."

In Truth, they are identical. The content of your experience, the forms, you may say, will appear to change. But the experience is always the experience.

If what I am saying is true, that means that your "birth" and "death" are currently occurring. And so are the "births" and "deaths" of all beings.

In many ways, yes! This is absurd as fuck. An absolute mind bend. When you add to this concoction the notion of suffering, the question "why?" is very much warranted.

But it's also beautiful and perfect. Of course it is this way. How else could it be?

There is real solace to be found in this beauty.

22 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

This body will die, and then more stuff will follow.

Nope!

You don't know that xD

"Body" "will" "die?"

Perhaps, if we assume bodies (distinct objects), a sense of identification or thinghood (after all, for death to occur, there must first be a thing which will be doing the dying), and linear time (your conception of death hinges on time ticking forward - reflected in the verb "will"), THEN we may say that "This body will die."

In which case working within that paradigm, yes, "more stuff will follow."

However, what happens if we dissolve these assumptions?

Never stop questioning, friend :)

1 minute ago, ajasatya said:

I have a clear vision

Do you mind me asking what you do professionally?

20 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Do you mind me asking what you do professionally?

I'm a mathematician / data scientist / artificial intelligence engineer.

unborn Truth

Posted (edited)

you're stuck in a pessimistic model of the world, understand that your viewpoint isn't actually reality, it only feels like it is because you've been growing and evolving. I hate to sound cliche here, but it's just a phase.

Edited by Omni

@Mikael89 The theme of your perspective is self diminishment. Not a word you’ve said about yourself is true, you are the awareness of the words you’re saying about a self. Those are words about a self. That is a thought story about a self. In the thought story, that self is in a past or future scenario. These are all runway trains, while you are awareness, grand central station, you never actually went anywhere - they were thoughts stories about you going somewhere, and you believe them. 

Start telling a different story, address the fear of working hard by making a vision board of what it will lead to, and envisioning your dream life everyday. 

You absolutely can make millions of dollars, and “sit home collecting it”. Millions of people do. First, they stopped diminishing themselves via indirect reference to Einstein, etc. (Thought stories = suffering)

Nonduality & Meditations         

Empty your head, fulfill your heart