Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ActualizedDavid

my first retreat

5 posts in this topic

A simple question .

How do you plan for a retreat ? Information about food,places etc. 

Newbie here.

@ActualizedDavid A good start is going to a retreat that already has everything set up for you. You will notice the necessities of a retreat there. It's much less prone to mess and time waste.

unborn Truth

@ActualizedDavid food that doesn't need refrigerated, plenty of drinks/water, a few charging bricks, pillow, tent, meditation equipment, phycedelics, earphones/speaker, toothbrush, dry-sprayable shampoo, under arm, fresh clothes, sleeping bag, phone wallet keys, warm clothing, clothes for the cold as well. All of those things and some sort of plan of meditation including zazen and walking meditation to keep your ass from going numb and becoming painful. 

My personal favorite compound to meditate on is methylenedioxymethamphetamine, it keeps you awake and able to meditate for wayyyyyyyyyy longer than usual and you feel amazing doing it. When I do walking meditation on that compound it literally blows me away every time I take a breath in. I walk slower for a second every inhalation it's on point ?? 

On 7/14/2019 at 4:49 PM, ajasatya said:

@ActualizedDavid A good start is going to a retreat that already has everything set up for you. You will notice the necessities of a retreat there. It's much less prone to mess and time waste.

I see that there are places with food , yoga , meditation. Do i nees to go there? It.s expensive 1000$ for 7 days. ?

Here: https://www.akasharetreat.com

I can go to a fancy hotel in the mountains for 300$ for 7 days. That is more ok with my income .

I can meditate in my room no ? Or how can i do it on a buget ? I can cook my food...

On 7/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, Aaron p said:

@ActualizedDavid food that doesn't need refrigerated, plenty of drinks/water, a few charging bricks, pillow, tent, meditation equipment, phycedelics, earphones/speaker, toothbrush, dry-sprayable shampoo, under arm, fresh clothes, sleeping bag, phone wallet keys, warm clothing, clothes for the cold as well. All of those things and some sort of plan of meditation including zazen and walking meditation to keep your ass from going numb and becoming painful. 

My personal favorite compound to meditate on is methylenedioxymethamphetamine, it keeps you awake and able to meditate for wayyyyyyyyyy longer than usual and you feel amazing doing it. When I do walking meditation on that compound it literally blows me away every time I take a breath in. I walk slower for a second every inhalation it's on point ?? 

I will take notes from what you said here . thank you !!