Psyche_92

Short morning exercise routine

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

So i've been thinking about implementing a short morning exercise routine right after waking up. Something like pushups, squats and crunches.

Would this actually be worth doing, or is it not enough for it to be beneficial?

My main goal with this would be to start the day fresh and awake, and maybe build some discipline over time.

Edited by Psyche_92

Oh yeah of course it would be worth doing, especially if you are doing nothing for fitness right now. If you are only gonna be doing those exercises switch around with variations of each exercise (Like wide grip pushups, narrow grip, etc). I would also recommend chin/pull ups (They go well with push ups for the upper body). Also you will learn form for the exercises. This way if you get to a point where you want to see more gains, then your body will have already gotten good at doing the exercises and you can just add some weight. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Any exercise done in the morning is beneficial. Dilates your blood vessels, moves the lymph, wakes you up and starts the metabolism. If you can do 50 pushups every morning in 1 years this will drive your fitness gains to a completely new level. 

I personally wouldn't bother with crunches, leave that for later but rather something that works the heart more such as high-knees or jumping jacks for 60 seconds. Squads are awesome to drive blood into your biggest muscle group. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Make sure to bring awareness to the muscles while lifting and keep good form. So important for vitality and make sure to do cardio and stretch. 

@Psyche_92 Of course any of those exercises would be beneficial. The hard part is keeping consistent. 

It doesn't really matter what you do, but why. The why is the emotional aspect that you need to keep such a routine consistent. Without enough emotion to drive you, it's impossible to make it a routine. 

Have you tried working out before? What's your why?

1 hour ago, Knock said:

Have you tried working out before? What's your why?

My why is just to start the morning fresh and awake, as i feel a lot sluggish and lethargic when i wake up as early as i want to.

@Psyche_92 Creating a morning routine with the purpose of feeling fresh and awake is literally the best goal. 

What I did was experiment a lot until I found a morning routine that actually accomplishes that goal. 

You'll hear about what is necessary for a good routine a lot, literally everywhere. 

But you have to see for yourself right? So test it out and see what works for you. 

Test, test, test. :)