Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SunnyNewDay

Proceeding with psychadelics after a bad/dangerous trip

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@SunnyNewDay As others have pointed at. Start slow and work yourself up. I have been tripping since 2013-2014 so I have learnt a lot on the way. I relate to a lot of what you are saying. I sometimes have a lot of fear prior to a trip. Usually some healthy nervousness, but other times fear. Impending doom kinda fear. I have had bad anxiety and attacks throughout my 20's and been very destructive towards myself. It was either get better or die(or live in fear and delusion). I chose to get better. You can't really trust what anyone says when it comes to tripping. I've heard a lot like "if you go in with fear it's gonna color the trip that way guaranteed". Not true at all for me. Some of the most beautiful and insightful trips have been when that impending doom fear is prior. So don't listen too much what people have to say, I have learnt. People are very dramatic. You want to get better obviously, and you want to grow. You seem open and like someone who really is willing to do the work. Forces will have your back when you authentically go towards truth, don't trust me on that, find out for yourself.

Edited by Esoteric
Spelling

2 hours ago, SunnyNewDay said:

A) am I ready to work with these substances alone?

B) what to do in case of an emergency or mental breakdown.

A) Find a tripsitter for higher doses just to feel safer. Just having him/her in the environment is gonna give off positive vibes. Shrooms are very impact by the set/setting for me and a tripsitter can make me feel very safe. If you've done 5g of mushrooms for instance you'll feel quite at ease doing 2g alone.

B) Realize most of the time it's temporary - aka will wear off once the trip is over. If it's not it can be avoided with careful preparation, such as meditation, yoga, and shadow work. The more you work on yourself the cleaner your trips will be. Also chip at it with lower doses so you grow in a sustained maner :P