Kushu2000

How long do you meditate for each day?

23 posts in this topic

Yes, this is a "dick-measuring contest". I don't care. 

Let's start with myself. 2 hours.

Your turn!

Usually 48 minutes 3x a day, sometimes 4x if I have more energy.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

I try to mediate through the day and sit formally when I can for 30 minutes, 1 or 2 times per day.

The most helpful thing for getting better at concentrating is to keep coming back to the mediation object ALL DAY between your tasks. Try to get to the point where you are not forgetting to check in to your mediation object for more than a few minutes. At the beginning it will be a matter of hours or many minutes but eventually you can train the mind to remember to check in. Do this over and over and your meditation will improve quickly. Then it becomes effortless until big feelings arise and after they resolve you can go back to checking in.

Note that the ability to mediate well will often come in go in waves as past memories and conditions arise as a feeling of tension and anxiety that distracts your meditation. Be gentle during this period and allow the feelings to resolve themselves. Just watch them and accept them fully. Once they are resolved, which may be hours or weeks or months even, go back to the object and start again. It is a long and non-linear process. Rinse and repeat...

Minimum 1 hour (straight) 

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

I know, it's impressive,  lol

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

@Anna1 showoff :x

Hehe ?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

7 hours ago, Kushu2000 said:

Yes, this is a "dick-measuring contest"

Well if you don’t care, I’m not going to lie....about 6 9_9

30 minutes everyday and during the day I try to be the more aware that I can, focusing on awareness as much as I can.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Inliytened1 2,5 years, but meditation time was varying between 20 minutes to 4h a day 

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment i know from your posts you have done pyschedelics but what about 5-Meo?  It should not take more than a year naturally.  That also depends on life experience so it's relative of course but after 3 yrs i would look at that if i had access to it.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 hours ago, SunnyNewDay said:

0 minutes usually, sometimes 20 sometimes 50

Same. All of my growth has been the process of integrating an experience two years ago. Awareness alone will take you far. 

@Inliytened1 I've done 5-MeO but only mid-level doses so I didn't breakthrough. Only legitimate breakthrough I've had was on a high dose of DPT. Other than that I've tried 1p-LSD, 2-cb, MDMA and one weird unknown psychedelic. Currently, I'm waiting to get off of Venlafaxine to try higher doses of 5-MeO.

It should not take more than a year naturally.

What do you mean?

-- Kenneth Folk

As much as I need.

Some days not at all (practically, that's not true because my ordinary state is mild meditation), and some other days many hours without ever counting.