Paul92

Are we robots?

70 posts in this topic

The title catch my attention because there is a realization i have frequently. But unfortunately your post has nothing to do with the title.

@Paul92 You're going too far into your own head filling it with new models and ideas your ego can't handle.

This work is very counter productive to the egos need to maximize survival.

The only thing stopping you from enjoying life realizing these truths is your own resistance to them.

But instead of working on such egoic behaviors you'd rather go back into comfort mode. Again, the survival mechanisms doing its job.

16 hours ago, Paul92 said:

Seems to me that God (the one you all go on about) is a bit of a dick, in truth. For one, God is selfish. God says "its only me, everything is me, me me me!". For a second, why feel the need to mess with itself. If God is complete and so loving, why bother with all this? 

Again, thats the ego claiming God is a dick because it doesn't operate on its own agenda. God explores itself exactly because it is so loving. It lets every aspect of itself be and come into form. What separates selfish from selfless? There can only be a difference by illusion.

16 hours ago, Paul92 said:

I don't wanna be God. It's ridiculous. I wish I could wake up from this hell and we are all autonomous individuals. Our lives in our own hands, not dictated to by this giant stupid mind. I don't want to live forever.

You are still living deeply in a sense of duality and have not unified yet with this 'giant stupid mind' 

Take a step back and start smaller. You need to ease into this work. 

@Moreira Play Talos Principle if you want a game to test your realizations of if we're robots. And if you like puzzles

18 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

I've tried meditation at home, but I don't really understand what I'm meant to be doing and what it might achieve

What about quieting down that mind that is obviously confusing the hell out of you :)?

Also watch this if you haven't already:

@Paul92 Unfortunately, nobody else can give you the answers you need at this point. Fortunately, you don't need anyone else to get the answers you need at this point. This is where the actual spiritual inquiry starts. You need to develop full authenticity and 100% self-responsibility. You've been playing with words in the mind until now. What's beyond "we are robots" and "we are not robots"? What's beyond "yes" and "no"? What's beyond questioning? Can you notice the trickery behind my words?

The mind is a vulnerable thing, prone to deceivance.

unborn Truth

@Shadowraix hmmm. The famous ego that must be destroyed. Again, it's not me who's saying this or feeling this way. It's God. God who gave me the ego. 

@Psyche_92 Yes. Thanks. The thing is, I've never had a problem with my mind. I've never felt the need to quieten it. Until questioning reality started. 

@ajasatya Thanks but you've lost me. Just want to be a human being amongst other human beings, doing our best to make something of this experience. Not to be ruled by something else. 

@Paul92 So be it. Close your browser and go out for a walk. Meet and talk to new people. Make new friends. Truth is not something that you are not. Just accept your desire for once.

unborn Truth

11 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

The thing is, I've never had a problem with my mind. I've never felt the need to quieten it.

Maybe because you were unconscious of it's manipulation on you until recently.

13 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

@Shadowraix

@Psyche_92 Yes. Thanks. The thing is, I've never had a problem with my mind. I've never felt the need to quieten it. Until questioning reality started. 

@ajasatya

You never knew how miserable it made you feel that's all xD 

It's like having a huge physical injury, which is not fatal in the short term, except you can't feel pain.
One day though, you do an operation to heal your pain receptor in your brain.

Then suddenly ...

c4jt321.png

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

You never knew how miserable it made you feel that's all xD 

It's like having a huge physical injury, which is not fatal in the short term, except you can't feel pain.
One day though, you do an operation to heal your pain receptor in your brain.

Then suddenly ...

c4jt321.png

At least he's not freezing to death and his coffee stays warm 9_9.

49 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

hmmm. The famous ego that must be destroyed. Again, it's not me who's saying this or feeling this way. It's God. God who gave me the ego. 

You're right, it is God. The ego concept is just a tool to help you change these behaviors and understand how you are survival driven. The goal is to transcend the ego, not destroy it. 

Notice that everything is always as it has been, but what changed was this perception on how you view it. Do you see how easily this can change what we think or feel like a flip of a switch? What actually is being real and what separates it from being unreal? Your resistance to the idea of unrealness is what stops you from enjoying things as you did before. 

Its liberating because we stop resisting. Egoic mechanisms clinging to deep truths never end up well. Why do you think we were deluded in the first place?

Edited by Shadowraix

19 hours ago, Paul92 said:

I could accept everything that life throws at me. Loneliness, poverty, lack of opportunities, hardship. That's fine. But I just can't accept that nobody else exists. 

I don't wanna be God. It's ridiculous. I wish I could wake up from this hell and we are all autonomous individuals. Our lives in our own hands, not dictated to by this giant stupid mind. I don't want to live forever.

I want to be able to meet my closest friends and family and hug them and tell them that I love them for who they are. I don't want to tell them I love them as a robot. It is out of order. 

I think you can just throw away any beliefs like- we are all god, we don't exist, we are all robots who are controlled by strings.

Don't worry about such things.

It is okay to reject whatever Leo is saying, you don't have to take every thing he says as truth and as a result when it clashes with your beliefs it only causes such crisis in you.

I have watched  Leo since 2013 and he was not the person like he is today, Leo of 2013 and Leo of 2019 would think of each other as idiots if they were to meet. Only After many many many many videos step by step , years and years of practice and awakenings he has  come to this point where it's like what he says is non-sensical. But it's just that his consciousness has reached new levels that we can't even see it so when he says things like that itbecomes non-sensical to us. 

If you want , just do the meditation, do the practices, and see if these things change you gradually or not. After all, the motivation for doing that is  the benefits of having enlightenment, the desire to end suffering. That's the starting point. Every non dualist starts as dualist to imporve his life, including Leo. And from there  comes all these non-duality stuffs that you aren't able to cope with.

If you don't want that then just do whatever makes you happy. Go on with your life. 

Such things about God are in an spiritual plane and can only be understood through experience, but trying to assimilate it in your normal dual world view only creates frustrations. Without experience, don't even try to make such ideas compatible with ordinary reality.

What you are experiencing is one of the dangers of jumping directly into one of Leo's high spirituality video. But you have to realize how gradually and slowly he has reached there.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

None exists but God. Becoming conscious of this will kill you and everything you knew. You must become God, be God with whoever. This alone is difficult and a long journey but it's better to live a lie, a illusion, a pretension. You have two pills and you must choice which one to shallow. Choice wisely. 

34 minutes ago, Conrad said:

None exists but God. Becoming conscious of this will kill you and everything you knew. You must become God, be God with whoever. This alone is difficult and a long journey but it's better to live a lie, a illusion, a pretension. You have two pills and you must choice which one to shallow. Choice wisely. 

Becoming God equals no-self, no-doership. It equals everything becoming including yourself One. You can't act as God, you can’t really be God but God will be God. You must surrender for this to happen. You will truly be yourself, you will truly be what you are, your true nature and identity. 

You don’t be God, let God be you. Being God is ego, a nasty form of ego. You must surrender and let God be God, be you. Eventually everything will become as it ought to be. Surrender is key. All is God. God=Oneness=Universal Love

Edited by Conrad

On 13/07/2019 at 10:22 PM, Paul92 said:

I could accept everything that life throws at me. Loneliness, poverty, lack of opportunities, hardship. That's fine. But I just can't accept that nobody else exists. 

I want to be able to meet my closest friends and family and hug them and tell them that I love them for who they are. I don't want to tell them I love them as a robot. It is out of order.

This part?

And now you're saying that you don't even want enlightenment. That's enlightenment!

You don't have to make sense of anything, and you can still enjoy life. In fact, the more you try to understand life under logical paradigms, the more you will become depressed.

Who said that other people don't exist? Why do you believe that to be true? I mean, the only evidence they provide for such claims is that you don't experience other people's lives and that you just imagine them. But who said imagination is not true? Imagination, of course. You see? That ends up in a strange loop (imagination saying that imagination is false), as it must, because that's the furthest that thought can get you to, strange loops (endless labyrinths).

Who said that you are a robot? Just because you can't prove the existence of free will does not make you a robot.

I'm ready for further discussion if you're interested. I can cure all of your problems if you open your heart and mind to me well enough, because all of your problems are merely imagination.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict lol don't get the wrong idea ... it's still an illusion. 

None of this is happening and at the same time it is as real as it not happening. 

6 hours ago, Conrad said:

Becoming God equals no-self, no-doership. It equals everything becoming including yourself One. You can't act as God, you can’t really be God but God will be God. You must surrender for this to happen. You will truly be yourself, you will truly be what you are, your true nature and identity. 

You don’t be God, let God be you. Being God is ego, a nasty form of ego. You must surrender and let God be God, be you. Eventually everything will become as it ought to be. Surrender is key. All is God. God=Oneness=Universal Love

you know you dont have to talk like that all the time , i know this is a phase you are going through a phase through of trying to sound grandiose and all its hard to ask you a question let alone have a conversation if all you do is copy and paste the same thing

5 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Truth Addict lol don't get the wrong idea ... it's still an illusion. 

None of this is happening and at the same time it is as real as it not happening. 

As long as you are still using thought, you shall remain lost in the matrix, strange loops, or the labyrinths of the mind.

By the way, I have no clue what you're referring to by: "it's still an illusion". And I honestly believe you don't know what you're talking about.

@Bryanbrax It's how they brainwash you, my friend.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict xD i don't see anyone using thought lol, 

thoughts are happening to you 

so as long as you identify with your thoughts ... you are right, it won't be an illusion to you.

" It's how they brainwash you, my friend."

yup LOL that's how they brainwash you aahaahaha 

still its the absolute truth 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash

I have no interest in talking with people that I don't understand. If you have anything meaningful to communicate with me, then talk to me. If you don't, please leave me alone.

The things you're struggling to say demonstrate your struggle with them. Don't thank me, you're welcome.