LoveandPurpose

how do you know you've found the right partner?

13 posts in this topic

I'm a 20 year old male. I've been dating a girl for about a month. We are very close to entering a relationship. It would be my first one.

I like her very very very much, yet I still have a thought in the back of my mind that there could be a better girl.

I'm a perfectionist in general so I don't know if it's a legit concern or just a manifestation of that problem of mine.

How do you know that you have found the right partner?

I just knew, I was 100% sure. Even now, after 18 years, I still know. He annoys me sometimes but it never lasts long. :D

I have an opinion on everything :D

Get into it and have fun, explore what a relationship is about, just be radically honest with yourself and with the other, and make agreements together.

Connect to Create ☼♡

You don't "find" the right partner. You find A partner and over time as you work on the relationship, help eachother grow and prosper, you become each other's perfect match. You learn to love each other's imperfections and differences. Of course there has to be a degree o sexual attraction and primal chemistry between the two of you otherwise everything else falls apart. 

However, if you feel like you are compromising too much of your potential because of the relationship either due to lack of physical attraction or lack of your partner's interest in mutual growth and development, it is very likely that you can do better. 

Just don't get trapped in the need to find the perfect girl as that's how you end up alone. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I don't think you love something because it is perfect, but rather it is perfect, because you love it. I am talking about love here, not attachment, these are very different things.

7 hours ago, Michael569 said:

You don't "find" the right partner. You find A partner and over time as you work on the relationship, help eachother grow and prosper, you become each other's perfect match. You learn to love each other's imperfections and differences. Of course there has to be a degree o sexual attraction and primal chemistry between the two of you otherwise everything else falls apart. 

However, if you feel like you are compromising too much of your potential because of the relationship either due to lack of physical attraction or lack of your partner's interest in mutual growth and development, it is very likely that you can do better. 

Just don't get trapped in the need to find the perfect girl as that's how you end up alone. 

this

On 13/07/2019 at 7:57 PM, LoveandPurpose said:

How do you know that you have found the right partner

No such thing. This is something you're creating. Define 'right'.?

Be aware at what you may miss whilst you wait for this better conceptual girl.

@LoveandPurpose  Attachment creates dependance, addiction, suffering. It is just one big web of lies. It is centered around your self. Love is oriented towards the other person, wanting the best for them.

1 hour ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@bejapuskas Can you transform attachment into love?

You don't transform per se but rather you let go of attachment. Love requires you to think outside of your own desires. As if you and your partner are one. Her desires become yours and vice versa.