Bufo Alvarius

Awakening experience after stroke

8 posts in this topic

This lady is a neuroscientist who had a stroke, after which her entire left hemisphere shuts down. With only her right hemisphere functioning, she explains in detail what sounds like a full merger into God consciousness.

18 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Well, that indicates that enlightenment is just a brain thing, so materialism and science is probably right.

There is another way to see this.

Enlightenment is always, already and the ONLY case. Whether we know it or not, agree it or not doesn't matter. What is absolutely true is true nonetheless. Let's call that truth ''enlightenment".

Now could it be the case that there are some ideas(like brains, materialism etc) that are actively denying the truth. But yet truth remains truth nonetheless. 

So by mingling with some portion of that brain or making some other physical changes( like psychedelics, shamanic breathing, fasting, yoga, visualization, trance etc) those delusive thoughts, beliefs and way of seeing things get deactivated. Like some sort of unvieling. 

And then truth is 'recognized'. But its not like the truth got born just then with a brain state. If it were the case, the truth wouldn't be worth shit.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Mikael89 ??? Mikael is always having this question ? If self realisation is a brain stuff ?

Does it matter if it is a brain stuff or not.

Let scientists bother about that ???

Science can propose theories on evolution from single celled org blah blah but how single celled org came cannot be answered by science ? Can it.

Whats the intelligence behind that single celled org ?

Science cannot prove the existence of formless spirits ??? but mantriks do control them.

Can scientists create a single celled org ???

--------------------------------

Even otherwise I am not pursuing self realisation to claim I am Dog ??? 

I am not pursuing self realisation for knowing about or gaining knowledge about reality omniscience Dog Infinity ??? to gain supernatural powers ???

For me it is about transcending the mind and be at peace leading a healthy (bliss - peace of self,mental health,physical health and a disciplined life ???

@Preetom

Edited by Jkris
Added

6 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Well, that indicates that enlightenment is just a brain thing, so materialism and science is probably right.

Lol

You've really turned this materialism thing into a religion, haven't you?

When you gonna realize that?

When you gonna realize that you worship an idol God, and it you have called the brain.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

But if enlightenment can be scientifically explained within materialism

Enlightenment cannot be explained by materialism or science whatsoever. Not even close.

Whatever that lady experienced, that was a drop in the bucket of Infinite Consciousness. Her explanations are but hallucinations within the mind of God. She is hallucinating neuroscience without realizing it. And everyone watching her is hallucinating her without realizing it. LOL

Trying to get a scientist to understand consciousness is like trying to get a donkey to recognize his own reflection in the mirror.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Mikael89 I think there  is a logical way that can give comfort to the logical mind about whether enlightenment is a brain thing (though the direct way would be the awakening with practices and psychedelics)

Here's the thing. 

The brain has many parts, many lobes, many areas, and many functions.

Each part has it's own functions, some responsible for emotions, some for memory, some for auditory sense, some visual sense you name it every experience has a part in the brain.

But of the experiences that she describes, there is no part in the brain that corresponds to it.

Your brain takes impulses from the receptors, from skin, bones, cartilages, muscle spindles.

Your sense of self in the body comes from the firings from the receptors and the brain assimilating it.

She is saying she literally felt like she was a wall. She couldn't feel like she was in the body.

So there was disconnection with the receptors , but receptors through spinal cord are connected with the brain, so this means she was disconnected with the brain and still had experience.

The stroke momentarily detached her from the brain. And stroke means the ischaemia in the brain, so there was stopping of blood supply momentarily, and alternate reperfusion and ischaemia may have caused her her experiences. She had near death experiences in successions.

So ya, I am not someone who blindly accepts any thing that's presented to me, but I think such experiences are outside the brain and a reality outside the brain does exist.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy