Ibn Sina

Is introversion a sign of higher psychological/cognitive development?

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raphael said:

Sadhguru or Joe Rogan have low psychological development

@Raphael My emphasis is on neediness of people and making unnecessary drama and confrontations (of low moral nature) frequently for stimulations to get rid of boredom.

Sadhguru and Joe Rogan are very outgoing, people loving people but I don't think they show the above traits. They discuss stuffs to learn, to develop themselves and others, they do not do confrontations out of the blue just for the sake of entertainment , but only when it's necessary, they have high sense of morals.

All I am saying is if people show the above traits then it's more likely that they are less developed psychologically, spiritually, cognitively (since those traits like neediness, drama are not the characteristics of higher psychological, spiritual development )and such traits in my experience are  found only in extroverts. If an introvert starts showing frequent drama, confrontations, neediness, then chances are he is not even an introvert, because that is against the definition of an introvert.

So like the examples you gave there can be extroverts who are much mature, and developed, but within the huge group called 'extroverts' is a subgroup which shows the above trait and I think they are less developed since those are traits of an undeveloped mind.

But again, within the huge group of 'introverts', is there another subgroup which show the traits of underdeveloped / dysfunctional psychology?

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

@Ibn Sina I don't know, its hard to comment on extraversion since I'm not extroverted. I don't know how it feels to be an extravert with a different cognition to my own. 

But like everyone else said, I doubt introversion is a sign of higher cognitive development. Also make sure you don't conflate extraversion/introversion with somewhat measurable traits like "openness to experience" , "neuroticism" , "conscientiousness" or "agreeableness. Im referring to the big five traits model.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Advanced issues found

On 7/15/2019 at 3:48 PM, Ibn Sina said:

Sadhguru and Joe Rogan are very outgoing, people loving people but I don't think they show the above traits. They discuss stuffs to learn, to develop themselves and others, they do not do confrontations out of the blue just for the sake of entertainment , but only when it's necessary, they have high sense of morals.

Sadhguru actually does this many times for fun, but also to help raise consciousness. He's empathic when doing it, where low conscious extroverts are anxious.

Advanced issues found

On 7/15/2019 at 3:48 PM, Ibn Sina said:

All I am saying is if people show the above traits then it's more likely that they are less developed psychologically, spiritually, cognitively (since those traits like neediness, drama are not the characteristics of higher psychological, spiritual development )and such traits in my experience are  found only in extroverts. If an introvert starts showing frequent drama, confrontations, neediness, then chances are he is not even an introvert, because that is against the definition of an introvert.

I agree with this, and yes it probably happens more with extroverts, because this is how extroverts display low consciousness, but it can also happen with introverts. I'm saying this because I'm an introvert myself (more specifically an INTP) and I have been needy in the past, and confrontative, and I humiliated some people by using the argument that I was way more smarter and developt than them. They were mostly extroverts because my low conscious introversion was reacting against their low conscious extroversion.

I'm currently following someone on Youtube who used to go party late at night, get drunk, do some drugs, sleep only a few hours and then go to work in a chicken coop. This person is now a successful online entrepreneur and thinks of itself as an introvert, his videos are very interesting, and I highly resonate with his ideas and energy.

I also met dumb introvert and smart extrovert in the past. I had extroverted friends who went party, got drunk, and smoke some weed, but at the same time, they were much more open-minded than most people. I enjoyed sharing ideas with them. So things are more complicated than in appearance...

Many times introverts show low consciousness in other ways by playing video games, watching dumb TV shows, youtube... Low conscious people do low conscious stuff, they just appear in different ways, so it can be directed outside or be done alone.

Introversion is the overdevelopment of survival insticnt.

Survival requires strategy, planification, reflexion, self-eficacy... these are the introverts traits.

Those who need socialization, being around people, probably would die in wild nature in 3 days.

Edited by Aeris

When the Introvert or the extrovert awaken they find the balance point and become Ambiverts :D

B R E A T H E

@pluto  I don't know if this is a joke, but don't you think that maybe some differences in neural connections in the brain might cause some individuals to be more inclined to one side or the other? I know this is highly dualistic, but what I observe is, that all Enlightened people I know are radically different, yet I couldn't say that one has a more truthful or authentic integration, it all seems very beautiful and profound.

@bejapuskas More or less it was :P but not sure really, i see all enlightened beings the same but simply unique in their method of expression.

B R E A T H E

could you guys elaborate on the fact of being an enlightened being.

I want to know if I m enlightened or not

3 minutes ago, Aeris said:

could you guys elaborate on the fact of being an enlightened being.

I want to know if I m enlightened or not

If you have to ask then that is your answer :) Enlightenment is unquestionable.

B R E A T H E

@Aeris  Idk man, I am not Enlightened, I just know many Enlightened people, there are a few on this forum, you can study their behaviors :D