Rilles

Where Are Other Peoples Thoughts Located?

27 posts in this topic

Cant get over this mindfunk..?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@Rilles The collective ego-mind is where all thought content comes from.

Can you elaborate?

To clarify, I can experience my thoughts but not others thoughts so it seems theyre separate from me or in some other dimension.. idk

14 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Did you had a dream once, where you could jump between peoples body and mind ?
In that dream, you were all of those people, and everything you experienced, but you chose to be limited into one perspective.

So it only looks separated because you have to in order to experience a specific point of view.
If you had that kind of dream, it's easy to understand that you are experiencing all perspectives at once.
It's just that to experience one pov, you have to limit yourself to it, otherwise it would overlap with all the others and you wouldn't know it exists.

You can also see this by taking yourself as an example.
3 years ago you had a very different worldview, so different that it was a different reality.
Now you see the world very differently, but if you sit for 5 seconds and just look, nothing has changed fundamentally.

The pov has changed, but not the one that is experiencing it, that never changes.
Both pov appeared an will disappear in the same mind.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Rilles They appear disappear in other peoples brain offcourse.Whats there to think about this.

@Rilles From the time you're born everything that enters your mind comes from already existent content within the collective. For example, that's how you learn you're a human, a male or female, your name, your social setting, various labels assigned to surroundings, etc. Thought activity is in constant flux, they come and go. rise and disappear.

If thoughts can 'travel' like that, there has to be an empty/free space to facilitate that. This empty space is what we call 'self'.

Each of us is like a room (finite) with empty space, but the empty space (infinite) is much larger than what each room can contain. So, to answer your question, the reason why we can't experience other's thoughts so easily is simply because finite cannot access the infinite.

A lot of time people don't even know what's going on in their own mind, less trying to figure out the minds of others.

Where Are Other Peoples Thoughts Located?

Other people, their thoughts, sense of location all comes up in YOU

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

You guys are so misunderstanding nonduality.

You're literally repeating the same mistake that religious people have made, taking the teachings literally.

I can't blame you, that's the psychedelic version of the truth.

(I DON'T MEAN THE OP)

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

You're literally repeating the same mistake that religious people have made, taking the teachings literally.

(I DON'T MEAN THE OP)

thats inevitable more or less.

The only way to not misunderstand something is to literally BE it.

Considering this, every single thought, belief, worldview, interpretation is religion

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Rilles If you pay critical attention to direct experience, to only what you know to be True, you will find you are aware of “other people’s” thoughts, and “other people” is just a thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, Rilles said:

@Rilles According to western mysticism, thoughts are "located" on the astral realm but space-time does not exist there. It is a different dimension. This makes more sense to me the more I travel there.

Edited by Matt8800

3 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

(I DON'T MEAN THE OP)

@Truth Addict Nonduality and duality paradoxically both exist.

You last sentence is evidence of ideological aversions and attachments. Let it go and let it be.

The simplicity of this argument is as such. 

Nothing exists on the same plane except no-thing because consciousness is infinite, therefore your thoughts are simultaneously happening to you and collectively to all if such prospects are made. 

where ever you "think" the thoughts are located is where they will be located in actuality

therefore, by default. The only correct statement that can ever be true is 'thoughts are occuring in god' 

however, all relative terms are true and false at the same time. 

Hence the absolute truth is absolutely true

Edited by Aakash

you want never get an answer on this question on this forum that can be generally accepted, understood, and that is logical for most of the people...

People mistake the non dual experience for the complete life and universum system... NON DUALIST falsly contiribute and project properties of the non dual experience or state of awareness to everything else, and then make conclusions-dogmas, we are all one, all is one and the same counciousness and just and only it exists, and everything is it, youre it and so on... all dogma and not direct experience and thats why you can see my thoughts, because we are not one and the same counciousness...

there is not a seperate autonomus self, a free will, and we falsly believe we are a person, we are not, everything is determinated, we are mechanical just like gravity, or our organs or whatever... when the mind and attention starts observing it self it can see this it can see that there is NO you that you falsly belived your whole life to be, the mind realizes that attention or pure awareness is made out of nothing and that it has no properties... you can sink awareness into it's self in  a way... it is a specific activity from the brain achived with lot of meditation, drugs or just by acident, and then comes dogma and the religion of non duality that puts all of those beliefs together...

why am i only aware of the impulses that come from my body, what will happen after death and what was before it, will i start to become aware of everything (NO) why am I now not aware of atoms, blod flow, hair growth, deep sleep, koma, radiation (and all of that is there and happening), how do I create all of those (as non duality planed) apearences, when did I designed this world and 7.000.000 poeple and countless atomes and rulls, how do i keep them runing that consinstent, how do i make 7.000.000 people deluded and so on, I'm God

being critic is false, because criticism and logic and science and direct experience are all relative and false,  everything is false only the non dual speach is not-DOGMA

The non dual experience is possible, it is true, but what it trully is and what it means for this world we dont know, and what non duality teaches is not right, and it is dogma... there are a set of questions, like yours that they never ever answer... or they say pharses like, let go of this one...

still, this non dual lie has many practical and good insides, and many are still true and in the end it is usefull for personal development...

thanks for all the replies... seems this question is veeery deep and might take alot of time to grasp 

@Rilles There are certainly many things you need to think about before you conclude the answer 

some things are: 

did we build our own thought base systems 

was some of the thoughts reactionary to my environment 

is god total solipsism 

is the individual self located in a separate dimension 

does thoughts come from a brain 

etc.. etc.. and just build a story around your idea's of thoughts

The final answer is: your thoughts are not your own[ non free-will] , but your "intent"/ free will is your own. 

Thats as best of a dualistic answer i can give

which you've probably heard 1000 times lol

Edited by Aakash

I've discovered that if I'm in a socially awkward situation (for example) and I just start watching my breath and surrendering  to it...I notice that the socially awkward situation literally ceases to exist because I forget it. Truly forgetting something is beautiful as opposed to ignoring something that is still there. Humans cease to exist when I watch my breath lol

Everything is located in one place: literally nowhere.

Space and time are imaginary.

Right now you are nowhere. You've been in this nowhere for your whole life. You will be in this nowhere FOREVER! You cannot escape nowhere because there is nowhere else to go but nowhere, and you're already there. You've been nowhere FOREVER.

The trick is becoming conscious of this fact.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.