okulele

Kriya Yogis - get healthy

18 posts in this topic

For me the spinal breath of Kriya Yoga was always really powerful, but also quite overwhelming. If it works for you, fine. But if you practice this technique and experience some energetic problems or even regular health problems for that matter, you can try this:

page24image384.png

This is a Taoist practice called the Microcosmic Orbit. Very similar to the spinal breath (Kriya Pranayanam). The difference is, you start at the navel go down to the perineum, up the spine and down to the navel again (tongue at the roof of the mouth to close the circuit). You balance the front and the back of the body, keep the energy circulating and purifying/healing. I find this a much more balanced and healthy feeling practice than the Kriya one.

Just letting you, Kriya Yogis, know that there is something like this out there ;)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

On a similar topic does anyone have experience with tibetan forms of yoga? I've heard they have advanced forms of yoga that are similar to kriya

On 13.7.2019 at 1:11 PM, herghly said:

On a similar topic does anyone have experience with tibetan forms of yoga? I've heard they have advanced forms of yoga that are similar to kriya

Oo nice :)

@okulele Aren't the chakras located along the spinal cord only? When I'm doing Sushumna Breathing, I'm only focusing on the spinal cord when moving the 'prana' up and down. 

Release me.

On 7/13/2019 at 0:11 PM, herghly said:

"Tibetan yoga" is Tantrik Yoga basically. Both Vajrayana and Tantrik Shaivism have very similar techniques when it comes to Yoga, just small differences in detail. You see it comes from the same spiritual movement, namely Tantra. The well known Tummo meditation comes from the Tibetan form. The Shaiva form is slightly different in that you apply some mantras in the 3 power centres. But it has the same goal of merging the upper kundalini with the lower kundalini in the dantian to make it shoot up. So they are practically the same. And that goes for alot of the yoga techniques and the philosophy and art as well. Kriya Yoga likely sprung from the Tantrik movement.

After ANY kriya technique you HAVE to do the mental kriya or you will surely have some bad experiences. You have to calm the prana. 

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

6 hours ago, Arnold666 said:

After ANY kriya technique you HAVE to do the mental kriya or you will surely have some bad experiences. You have to calm the prana. 

@Arnold666 Who told you this? That guy from the Kriya Yoga thread? And now you are parroting it as a fact? You don't HAVE to calm the prana. If that's what you gotta do then great, do that. I function great on high prana and I "surely" haven't had any bad experiences. I just know how to balance it, after alot of trial and error. Just because one school says you have to calm prana doesn't mean it is a fact across the board. There are householder paths for yoga focused more on the energy aspects as well. Very sophisticated ones that has withstood the test of time. 

@Esoteric disagree. I i don't know who you are talking about. You have to calm the prana. Doing the mental pranayama with time the breathless state comes in and your mind will dissolve. Of course if you are after samadhi.

I don't know after what you are in this kriya business. 

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

@Arnold666 You disagree that I don't need to calm prana without having "bad experiences"? Same goes for tons of other people btw. Well alrighty then, buddy.

@Esoteric @Esoteric

Dude. I i didn't say that. Fine. You do the first kriya for even an hour let's say you can get away with it, but doing the 2-3-4 kriya yeah! I I bet you will have bad experiences and you will need to put your ass in ice cold water unless you will fry. And I said, You need to calm the prana To ENTER Into a state of ABSORBTION. Which is the purpose of any technique, not doing the technique in it self. But fine. Have it your way, I don't wanna argue. You do what you want. 

Why are people so fucking combative for no reason on this forum??? 
Genuinely boggles my mind.

'Fuck you fuck this guy fuck that guy I'm not gonna argue with you but fuck you, I am going to argue with so fuck you'

fuck all of yall...(dont get me wrong I still love you)

Infinite intelligence = love = body = universe....it most often initially “goes to one’s head” (spiritual ego / claiming it as one’s own) until it is actually seen.

Eventually that which is being “worked on” is ‘seen’ in actuality. 

On 7/13/2019 at 4:44 AM, okulele said:

Microcosmic Orbit

That is a heck of a ‘pointer’!  Sure ‘makes’ sense of ‘objective reality’.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The tone is in your head. You are the one reading this with whatever the tone is in your heart. I'm in a very calm state of mind. It's all good. No need to get angry or combative if someone disagrees with you. It's all good.