Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SerpaeTetra

Why do I get angry at some members posts?

34 posts in this topic

@SerpaeTetra Thats a good question.

Mind is holding on to some knowledge-experience-wisdom as truth aka conditoining.

When a contradictory post appears mind labels that as ignorance-useless-challenging -a threat to what it is holding on to and hence the anger.

Basically it is identification with the mind and ignorance of controlling the external events,actions,behaviour of the other person confirming to its own belief system.

Let go. 

A lot of people are full of themselves here. They confuse mental illness with spiritual enlightenment. Quite pathetic, if you ask me... 

one day this will all be memories

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

Do you think it’s okay to be a “know-it-all”, personally? If not, why? 

For me, it didn't serve me well.  People didn't seem to like that quality.  Then maybe I overdid being humble and didn't come off as authentic, and people picked up on that, I'm not sure...

I will recognize that judgment on other people in the future, and let it go..

1 hour ago, Keyhole said:

Is there a reason why you posted this, knowing that some of these members could read this?
That's my question.
Could you say it to their face?

No.  I was about to post something in someone else's thread that was probably negative, but stopped myself and tried to look inward.  Trying to find peace...

@SerpaeTetra post something negative next time, you’ll learn more that way, just keep some space to reflect. 

In other words you acted like a know it all to impress or seem more intelligent than you really think you are, fake, but understandable, haha. Speaking your truth can come off as know it all to others but why care so much what others think as long as you’re being true to yourself to learn and grow? I think you care more about growth than any kind of self image, keep it up! 

6 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Ok.  I have watched your judgement video before, and have been actively catching myself in judgements about others, myself, etc., trying to at least catch it... I guess I'm more conscious of it, but its hard to correct.

I remember there was a chance to stop the video and write down judgements as an exercise,  and I just did that in my head instead of going through the full exercise, so I guess that would be a good video to revisit.

The best thing to do, I find, is to find the most annoying people (my family) and listen to them from distance, and then catch myself judging everything they say (judgement meditation lol). Every time you catch yourself judging, you get closer to no-judgement. You will realise that it was all you. It feels freeing.

@kag101 Kings of projection.

Edited by Truth Addict

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, it's because your mind is actively denying that such people are yourself.

When you judge another human, you are separating them from yourself, which is fundamentally false.

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Leo Gura yeah but apparently when i state this i get blasted for being a "keyboard warrior" or something like that. 

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

So maybe we are speaking way too deep for most people here and that's what sets them off.  

It depends on what perspective you want to reach. 

@SerpaeTetra expand into all corners of yourself, even the dark ones, it's the only way to be light and at one with yourself.

And... don't judge me.

All stories and explanations are false.

On 13.7.2019 at 3:43 AM, SerpaeTetra said:

I think I'm judging people who seem to me are "know-it-alls".  I think especially when I was younger, I acted like this naturally, and people told me, maybe in a harsh way.  I became introverted and quiet.

You are projecting your own trauma onto others, that's what going on. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

I don't think there's any problem in being angry @SerpaeTetra, its what you do with it that matters. The problem is in how you address and learn from your anger, for example I sometimes get angry because of all the stupid ignorant whiny weak posts (not at all meant passive aggressively, I mean it sincerely and emphatically. I'm a very direct person) on this forum but then I realise that I need to turn the situation into a learning opportunity for the benefit of growing my capacity to bring the best aspects of myself forward while things on the forum are qualitatively turbulent. There's a lesson in every situation and there's always more to learn from every lesson, by allowing the observation of patterns to take priority over the thing that wants to come forward which only wishes to hold me back, tomorrow I will be a better person and all things being equal, so will the related situation.

Ok, so now after digging deep, I think my true self is actually not "know-it-alls" but...wanting to be the center of attention....these are the personalities that I don't like, such as my mother, some past co-workers, etc.  Is this possible?  I don't want to be that.  

Before I was 6, thats the way I was apparently, a "ham".  Then some shit happened around that time.  Turned shy, introverted, never knew what to say, etc.  Not overnight, but gradually after a few years.

Then in high school discovered alcohol.  I turned into that center of attention for a few hours.  Then I drank for many years (recently sober again).  My ego is all fucked up, but recovering.  

Do I have to be the center of attention to be my true self?  Can there be some middle ground?  FCK....

I'm seeing someone for this, but want to speed up the process and make sure they are doing it right.  

@SerpaeTetra accepting and allowing,

realize there’s no right way to be, no wrong way either. Love yourself unconditionally and see what happens, don’t create expectations or intentions about how you should be (can you notice how you create your psychological limitations, just observe it, love it, let it go) 

17 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@SerpaeTetra accepting and allowing,

realize there’s no right way to be, no wrong way either. Love yourself unconditionally and see what happens, don’t create expectations or intentions about how you should be (can you notice how you create your psychological limitations, just observe it, love it, let it go) 

Thanks Drew.