Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Autumn

Encouragement to keep saying no

6 posts in this topic

Life constantly kicks you down and then the devil says "I'll help you up and even higher for a tiny piece of your soul".

What are some ways to encourage yourself to keep getting back up on your own and keep saying no to the devil's offer of wealth/power?

I know it gets easier the more you say no - also prayer has helped me a lot. What do you do to combat the temptation of taking the easy way out?

Edited by Autumn

I keep rembering that true love will never come out by taking the easy way ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Don't fight the devil cuz it's no one else but you.

Instead, become aware of it, watch it from distance, and let it do its job.

That way, you'll keep the devil and your soul ;)

@Autumn can you elaborate by giving an example of what you mean by the devil offering to help you up higher?

Are you referring to robbing a bank or something ? LOL..

What i mean is there is not necessarily anything wrong with wealth or power.  It is just that you have to be conscious/awake about it when you have it.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 hours ago, Autumn said:

Life constantly kicks you down and then the devil says "I'll help you up and even higher for a tiny piece of your soul".

What are some ways to encourage yourself to keep getting back up on your own and keep saying no to the devil's offer of wealth/power?

I know it gets easier the more you say no - also prayer has helped me a lot. What do you do to combat the temptation of taking the easy way out?

I am not religious or Christian but those examples are already found in the Bible. 

When Adam and Eve tasted the fruit in the Garden Of Eden they were kicked out. 

Before they had eternal life, never hungry, no disease. Because they wanted some power they lost it all. 

It's the same when you chase after sex and live all the time. Then what's next,a divorce. And everyone loses. 

Same for chasing wealth and fortune, and working endless overtime. 

It's 'The Devils' offer because it's a false assumption. It's the Devil that makes you fall. If you don't fall you don't need to get up. 

7 hours ago, Keyhole said:

How do I say "no" to the devil's offer of wealth and power?
What are you talking about?  Kinda cryptic.

I remind myself that the present moment has all the power there is.  You can go for wealth or power if you want to, if that happens to be where you're at right now.  No need to limit yourself, if I am understanding the situation correctly.  

Sorry I guess it was a bit cryptic.

I mean basically - how can we keep strong when we're put in situations of temptation? Situations in which we can satisfy our greed for power/wealth at the cost of our own morals.

How can we continue to deny ourselves when the "reward" for going against your morals is really big?

7 hours ago, Shiva said:

Interesting! What kind of prayer? Any particular religion?

I believe that God is a sentient, omnisciente, and omnipotent being that listens to us. So I talk to him and I believe he listens. I don't like religion though