kieranperez

[Spiritual Teacher] Akilesh Ayyar (AKA Winterknight) (10/10)

7 posts in this topic

Akilesh, or for those of us on the forum, @winterknight, is a deeply enlightened teacher in NYC who I think and feel, for those of us interested in enlightenment, is a true hidden gem in this domain. 

Having met Akilesh quite recently I found him both extremely direct, honest, no bullshit, grounded, and very refreshingly, casual. He has no enlightened front and yet, once we got talking, his directness and honesty on the matters of enlightenment from his own direct consciousness is very apparent. I appreciate it when a genuinely enlightened person cannot answer questions and matters when the question is based on a false premise. It shows he has no interest in indulging people in illusion, misleading language in order to gain more popular appeal, and integrity, and I greatly appreciate that. 

Akilesh has a unique blend of both psychoanalysis for the sake of purification of mind and self-inquiry. I personally very much resonate with this path. I’ve always been extremely psychoanalytical in nature on myself and others and it was the directness of self-inquiry that brought me onto the spiritual path in bringing about my first glimpse. I very much agree in theory and in practice to this path. It’s hard to inquiry and silence the mind when deep issues regarding the subconscious mind haven’t been healed nor addressed. Meditation, zazen, yoga, etc. aren’t technologies that are geared towards this matter of subconscious purification that I can honesty say is direct enough for those issues. So I very much agree with this.

He also gives very solid methods one can do to find out and also purify one’s own emotional messages and signals in order to get closer in line and take action towards what one really wants through more and more refinement.

Akilesh is a very down to earth teacher whose profession is in giving advice and counseling to seekers. I know Akilesh is trying to take his teachers to more seekers and this is why I’m making this post. He did not ask me to do this. I simply feel Akilesh is just a very refreshingly deeply enlightened individual whose taken insight into the true of The Self I can see and feel as or close to as far as it can go. 

Hes available for counseling and if you wish to contact him you can message him like I did on here and also visit his website siftingtothetruth.com and his YouTube channel Sifting To The Truth.  

Lastly, check out his book! 

Title: How To Find What Isn’t Lost

A pretty quick read that’s pakced perfectly with great theory, practices, advice, etc. 

Couldn’t recommend him enough!

I've enjoyed a few of @winterknight 's Youtubes.

@kieranperez I appreciate your no bullshit directness. I'll give his book a read sometime soon.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Moved to another topic,,,,

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@kieranperez I came here after watching one of his Youtube satsangs where you said you were reviewing him. I guessed it was probably this forum since here is where I found his enlightenment thread.

I have to agree with you completely after watching every video on his youtube channel, amazing content. Very little views as he is new and doesn't strike me as someone who would put too much effort into marketing himself. Very intelligent genuine guy.

9 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

@kieranperez I appreciate your no bullshit directness.

Lol you’re one of the few on here ?

33 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Lol you’re one of the few on here ?

You think so :)

You need a bit of love to hate

11 minutes ago, Aeris said:

You think so :)

You need a bit of love to hate

I don’t know what that mean as far as I think so. 

Hate is still nonetheless grounded in love. The only reason you “hate” is because you love. However, hate as a behavior can only be done out of ignorance. Everything that seemingly doesn’t come from love comes out of a fear to express one’s love. 

If you think I’m on here hating on people though, yeah you need to check yourself on that. I’m direct. Period.