themovement

Its all genetics

79 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Of course enlightenment would be best. But I don't think I will ever get enlightened. So I'm just chasing a fantasy which will never happen, and during the chase I'm unhappy  

idk man, im not enlightened but spiritual practices and self improvement made me happier.

@Mikael89  You don't need Enlightenment to be happy, just live without boundaries and distractions, be attentive, compassionate, passionate, curious... Observe what makes you happier and these things will add up. Enlightenment is lots of work, it's not like you become Enlightened and it ends there. ;) 

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Of course enlightenment would be best. But I don't think I will ever get enlightened. So I'm just chasing a fantasy which will never happen, and during the chase I'm unhappy  

I don't really think that enlightenment can make you happy.

To me, it's the process that gives meaning. If i one day will become enlightened, it's allright, maybe continouing i will discover what a precious thing it is, and i will start truly reaching it.

Are you really following this journey?

What point of this journey have you reached?

A lot of pessimism here guys. A lot.

Who cares if it's better to be enlightened or to be able to fuck 50 girls because you have good genetics?

To me, the only fact that you are alive it's a miracle.

If you see this life as an excuse to be miserable, unworthy, unlovable,hopeless, maybe you have depression.

So it's another issue. @Mikael89

Edited by arlin

1 hour ago, arlin said:

But you can get into this work AND still get girls and have positive,fun experiences.

Of course. No one ever said otherwise.

And no one said you HAVE to be enlightened to be content with your life. Enlightenment helps by giving you a huge reality check and ends victim mentality/ psychological suffering, but one can still enjoy life without it if done consciously enough.

34 minutes ago, arlin said:

You are over emphasizing this meaningful work, only because you did not get through all the pain and the shit that we have gone through.

30 minutes ago, Shin said:

You have no idea what you're talking about xD

Arlin, I only hope you never get to experience what I have been through in my life. You don't know my story and that's ok.

So yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about if you're referring to me in that post.

9 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Arlin, I only hope you never get to experience what I have been through in my life. You don't know my story and that's ok.

So yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about if you're referring me in that post.

yes, im aware that it sounded like i was devaluing your story, so i apologise for that.

15 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Of course. No one ever said otherwise.

And no one said you HAVE to be enlightened to be content with your life. Enlightenment helps by giving you a huge reality check and ends victim mentality/ psychological suffering, but one can still enjoy life without it if done consciously.

Exactly, and even more importantly, even if someone said this is the case, you can prove them wrong for yourself if you are smart and honest enough :) (if it is something that doesn't benefit the quality of your life)

@arlin  It's ok Arlin, many people here have had really fucking bad pasts, you cannot even imagine how bad. The sadness makes you think that you are alone, but that is really not the case, we are in it together my friend.

4 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

It's ok Arlin, many people here have had really fucking bad pasts, you cannot even imagine how bad. The sadness makes you think that you are alone, but that is really not the case, we are in it together my friend.

Thank you @bejapuskas. Yes we are all in this toghether.

I wish all good things for you in life, from the bottom of my heart.

@Mikael89 With that mindset you won't achieve enlightenment. Seems like you are suffering ego backlash.

I bet you have ton of potential for many awakenings to come, stay on this path and keep at it. 

20 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@Mikael89 With that mindset you won't achieve enlightenment. Seems like you are suffering ego backlash.

I bet have ton of potential for many awakenings to come, stay on this path and keep at it. 

:x:x

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Mikael89 exactly.  Which is exactly why you can awaken.  Because you know this.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

48 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Although "happy" is a misleading word, because "happy" inclines "unhappy". (If "inclines" is the right word.)

So you don't really get "happy", you transcend happiness and unhappiness.

@Mikael89 This short vid explains exactly how that happens.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:17 PM, Mikael89 said:

Yes you need enlightenment to be happy. 

Yes enlightenment would make me happy.

Yes you have to be enlightened to be happy.

Although "happy" is a misleading word, because "happy" inclines "unhappy". (If "inclines" is the right word.)

So you don't really get "happy", you transcend happiness and unhappiness.

No one unenlightened is happy all the time. 

Enlightenment is the Supreme Goal which everyone consciously or unconsciously wants.

Dude. Learn to walk before you can run. 

You talk about enlightenment as a commodity to have just pacify your unsatisfied existence. The chief drive is wanting the truth for its own sake. 

How about you learn to enjoy a whole week without before you get concenered about eternal freedom? 

Enlightenment is something you gotta wanna pursue if you just want to know what’s true and once you deal with more psychological blocks earlier on. It’s not some thing you case just to have another thing so you can be at rest. That’s still cheese chasing. 

And I’m not suggesting you stop chasing cheese! Get some joy out of making progress in your life! No it won’t last forever. But why does it have to?!

Enlightenment is being happy even when you’re sad and suffering. That doesn’t go away. 

Make progress man. Anybody with 2 arms and 2 legs can make progress. I suggest get some quality therapy like psychoanalysis or something that deals with these issues in an effective way multiple times a week. Deal with your many shadows. Choose something you wanna make progress in and don’t overthink it... like pickup! Why? Because it’ll be challenge! You get self esteem for doing things that are hard but also doable! Go on a pickup forum and meet up with guys so you’re not on your own. Get a dating coach. 

You don’t need to be some superhuman enlightened person or Ralston type person to enjoy life man. That’s a myth. 

Edited by kieranperez

15 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Read my signature. 

I know perfectly well what enlightenment is, you don't need to teach me about that.

Pickup is only a fucked up american phenomena. It doesn't exist outside of USA. It doesn't exist where I live. Such crap is not appropriate in this country. And pickup wouldn't work for me anyway. And I'm not interested in such bullshit.

You don't.

The only way to know is to have direct experience of it :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Read my signature. 

I know perfectly well what enlightenment is, you don't need to teach me about that.

Pickup is only a fucked up american phenomena. It doesn't exist outside of USA. It doesn't exist where I live. Such crap is not appropriate in this country. And pickup wouldn't work for me anyway. And I'm not interested in such bullshit.

Yeah and I can meet a guy who says he wants truth but really wants based on his own projections is a cry to heal. 

That is the entire vibe from all of your posts. 

First off, if you haven't had an enlightenment experience, I don't care what books you've read or what you've heard. It's all irrelevant. You don't know shit. It's all hearsay and nonsense at the end of the day.

Second off, pickup is not an American thing. If what you call as a "pickup" is the branch of personal development that grew out of Eben Pagan, sure I guess. But ACTUAL pickup is literally just dudes that go out, talk to girls with the intent of meeting girls, maybe having sex, maybe just making friends, getting into a relationship, etc. But it's going out intentionally to talk to girls. And last I checked... that's been mankind for thousands of years prior to the age of Tinder and online dating. Pickup as normally perceived in personal development is simply just a more deliberate training and being able to do that. The essence of pickup occurs all over the world and always has. The question is, how deliberate is the process If you have a problem with that, that is your personal dogma that I suggest you get over.

I suggest you go get some solid psychotherapy and do some gut level healing before you even consider pursuing enlightenment, which, judging by the frequency of your posts, I would guess you're not actually doing. You have gotten plenty of genuine advice on here (this forum as a whole) and the general retort back from you is like that of a little kid who bites the hand that's feeding them. Now if you want to keep screwing yourself over like that, go right ahead. 

You have this attitude that you're beyond, too mature, for all the other parts of life when really it's the exact opposite. It doesn't matter what you read. It's all nonsense. If you don't take action on what you read, hear, "study" and you get no results, none of it is relevant nor does it even count. It's just more ideas. Whether it's a spiritual matter or not.

All I hear when I read your posts as a guy who wants to accept himself and a guy who wants the acceptance of others that he doesn't feel so he doesn't have the self-esteem to do what it is he actually wants and feel whole. Stop biting the hand that's trying to feed you dude.