themovement

Its all genetics

79 posts in this topic

Don't be afraid to look inside yourself.
See that all those ideas of yours are just beliefs that you keep telling yourself in order to be right.

You need to be right, because otherwise, as soon as you stop you would have to realize it's just lies you keep parroting in your head.
This hurts because you believe so much in those thoughts, that they are a part of you, that they are you, at least that's how it looks like from your limited point of view.

Letting them go feels like dying, and the natural way to cope with this for most people is to never look at it and be totally blind to it.
This only works on the short term, on the long term, anyone who does this will become highly neurotic and deeply unfulfilled with life.

So you can continue to complain, to blame others/yourself, trying to be perfect, fearing any kind of emotional investment, fearing to be trapped etc
The point is, if you continue to do this, you're basically hurting yourself (and others), how fucked up is that ?

Is it worth it to feel righteous/in control if you're miserable and fearful ?
Is it worth it to live a life in which you turn your back to everything you truly want, just because you're scared ?

Or wouldn't it be wiser to face all your internal shit and get everything you ever wanted and more ?

You can do it if you really want to.
Do you ?

?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

12 minutes ago, tenta said:

"My one example debunks mountains of evidence for your view"

Imagine every atom's movement is pre-determined, that wouldn't be contradicted by those people at all

In the black pill community they would call that an outliers

@Autumn The sense of what makes one happy changes over times. Just think of maslows hierarchy. 

Realizing that getting ones material and physical needs met wont satisfy requires actually having achieved some level of material or physical success.

So, of course, its always easy to tell people that their desires are just fantasy, but your words are bound to fall on deaf ears.

Edited by DnoReally

@DnoReally indeed.  However although Truth cannot be spoken, it must be spoken.  Otherwise there would be nothing.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@themovement "I will never believe anything that science can't prove"

nor should you.  Truth is not a belief.  Be skeptical but don't close your mind completely either.  I don't think you are close minded or you wouldn't be on a spiritual forum.  (Unless trolling)

I was in the same place you are now - probably more so.  Nothing wrong with that.  

That said there is a lot more to reality.  Only you can discover that for yourself though.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, themovement said:

I'd choose brad pitt any day

Any man who would choose Angelina Jolie for a partner is a deeply unconscious person. The woman has serious mental issues. Do you see how his own victim mentality and self-loathing have caused him so much suffering. Who cares about fame, money, and looks (that will fade away anyways), if you can't even see through your own BS. Or as Judge Judy once said, "Looks fade, dumb is forever".

Why would you want to be like that? 

You're a lost cause if you're not open to chew other viewpoints outside of your own paradigm, seek open mindedness if you wish to actually grow.

on the flip side, i find it hard to believe you're not a troll at this point.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@themovement "I will never believe anything that science can't prove"

nor should you.   Be skeptical

Exactly

There is a tide forming here, MGTOW vs The woo woo

@Omni But what is the turth? prove otherwise

40 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Any man who would choose Angelina Jolie for a partner is a deeply unconscious person. The woman has serious mental issues. Do you see how his own victim mentality and self-loathing have caused him so much suffering. Who cares about fame, money, and looks (that will fade away anyways), if you can't even see through your own BS. Or as Judge Judy once said, "Looks fade, dumb is forever".

Why would you want to be like that? 

But he has had a good life, had one of the most attractive wife's one could have. @Shin Looking inside is painful

:ph34r:

@themovement Alright, so you will experience an extremely limited life because the scientific domain of proof is very narrow if compared to the wholeness of the human experience. I am a Data Scientist and I can tell you that science is very deceiving to lay people.

First of all, scientific evidence and correlations do not imply causation. The search for causations is an old problem in science. If A and B are correlated, you rarely know whether A implies B, or B implies A or if there is a third phenomenon C that implies A and B.

Genetics can boost your life in certain areas but saying that genetics dictate your life is simply straightforwardly wrong in many ways.

unborn Truth

9 minutes ago, themovement said:

Exactly

But he has had a good life, had one of the most attractive wife's one could have. @Shin Looking inside is painful

Yes of course it is.
You let lots of shit in, and made all a part of your identity.

Now the only way to let it all out is to feel pain, deep deep pain.
Are you gonna do that or are you gonna let yourself put more shit in you ?

This is like having an arrow in your leg
You can do nothing and try not to think of the pain.
Or you can pull it out, but of course, it will feel way more painful than just letting it in.

You can chose to let it stay in you forever, and bit by bit killing you
Or you can decide that's enough and that you will face the pain for a few moments.

This is the only way you'll ever be happy
There is no shortcut to an amazing live :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

17 minutes ago, themovement said:

But he has had a good life, had one of the most attractive wife's one could have

You're missing the point. The "good" life and "attractive" wife are but a smoke screen.

Instead look at Jim Carey. He's also had the looks, the fame, the money, the beautiful women. He will tell you what he thinks about all that now. 

28 minutes ago, themovement said:

The "good life" and the "attractive" wife, like Natasha says, doesn't equal happiness.

The "good life" and the "attractive" wife are just conditions that you think will make you happy, that your culture tells you that it will make you happy, that your parents and friends told you it will make you happy.

If you look closely enough, none of those people are happy, they constantly needs more.
You're confusing "having stuff" with being happy.

You don't need anything to be happy, that's why so many people are unhappy.
The only reason you're unhappy, is because you think you need something first to be happy.

Now obviously you can use this as an excuse to not put your life in order and not get your basic needs met, which of course makes it really hard to be happy since it will constantly make you think you need those things to be happy.
But if you do get your basic needs met, and are wise enough to see they don't really change anything (and of course you can't bypass that, this isn't intellectual) there is no need for more, you can go straight to enlightenment.

The catch is that you're so smart that you will always create new needs, that aren't really needs but illusions that you chase in order to stay in this  game of perpetual seeking.
You do it because if you didn't, you would conceptually die, cause you'll be forced to self reflect.

You don't want to do that of course, and since you don't, you continually chase things that will never make you happy
Because you're already happy but refuse to be by adding more reasons why you aren't in your list.

Throw the list and just be happy with us :)

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Natasha Nice didn't know about Jim Carey

Yeah he got awakened a few years ago and has been not so subtly vocal about it. His speech at Maharishi University is really a beautiful thing to watch/listen. Love this man. 

His awakening may be due to too much acting into various roles.

@tedens Yes he has a "loose identity" which definitely helps a ton in this work - he can step in out of any character. (jump between perspectives)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

45 minutes ago, themovement said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Again, shows your tendency for ungrounded assumptions. Get a grip.

22 minutes ago, Shin said:

The "good life" and the "attractive" wife, like Natasha says, doesn't equal happiness.

The "good life" and the "attractive" wife are just conditions that you think will make you happy, that your culture tells you that it will make you happy, that your parents and friends told you it will make you happy.

If you look closely enough, none of those people are happy, they constantly needs more.
You're confusing "having stuff" with being happy.

You don't need anything to be happy, that's why so many people are unhappy.
The only reason you're unhappy, is because you think you need something first to be happy.

Now obviously you can use this as an excuse to not put your life in order and not get your basic needs met, which of course makes it really hard to be happy since it will constantly make you think you need those things to be happy.
But if you do get your basic needs met, and are wise enough to see they don't really change anything (and of course you can't bypass that, this isn't intellectual) there is no need for more, you can go straight to enlightenment.

The catch is that you're so smart that you will always create new needs, that aren't really needs but illusions that you chase in order to stay in this  game of perpetual seeking.
You do it because if you didn't, you would conceptually die, cause you'll be forced to self reflect.

You don't want to do that of course, and since you don't, you continually chase things that will never make you happy
Because you're already happy but refuse to be by adding more reasons why you aren't in your list.

Throw the list and just be happy with us :)

@Shin If so why don't scientists focus more on what you are saying? Black pill says this is all a form of coping. LA LAland thinking to cope. I will never know if this will make me happy because I cannont get it anyway. I have tried, its down to my genetics.

39 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Natasha Nice didn't know about Jim Carey -

This angers me