Anton Rogachevski

A moral question about spirituality and money

33 posts in this topic

@ajasatya

Some very good points.

I give as much as I can for free.

My ability to give is diminished thogh, because a lot of energy goes towards making a living in a completely unrelated domain, which is very unfortunate in my opinion.

So the real question is whether to make my living separate from, or a part of my spirituality.

@Anton Rogachevski  Value of money is relative, you imagine it. You can do a business from it for sure, some people are doing that, but I am not sure if it is a good motivation for spiritual growth.

@Shiva  My main argument for not commercializing Awakening would be, that you cannot focus on God, when you are chasing money. But that depends on the person, it's just that it is hard for most people

Do whatever reality tells you to do. Listen to God's voice

@Anton Rogachevskia

This is what precisely a monk told me yesterday.

lot of time,effort,energy goes in an unrelated domain for a house holder.Earning money,Family.Etc.

But for monks they are free from the responsibility of making money,family commitments.

So they have lot of time to fully spread truth.

Nisargadatta cautions the trap of starting an Ashram and getting caught in the worldly business of spreading truth ???

Many Realized saints caution speak about this.

So they are not bothered about spreading truth by means of organizing Ashram.

But live their house holder life and during free time say daily a hour or two to seekers.Thats more than enough.

Dont make it a goal to spread truth ???

Flow with life and live life as it comes.

- The above is the msg of Nisargadatta Maharaj and many saints said whom I spoke to.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:35 AM, Anton Rogachevski said:

Hi everyone!

The question is:

Can spirituality have a price? Can you sell spiritual wisdom and turn it into a buisness? Isn't it better to try and give it for free?

This question has bothered me for very long, and I can't seem to reach any conclusion. Dear friends, please share your insights!

Long time no see. I've really missed the discussions here.

What is the ‘wisdom’? What would you be teaching / sharing? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What is the ‘wisdom’? What would you be teaching / sharing? 

Also a good point and really a big part of the dilema. As the old Zen masters would say: "There's nothing to teach, nothing to know."

@Anton Rogachevski Great question!  I believe you can do both - perhaps slowly work your way into it.

For example you could publish some books on enlightenment and sell them - you would be helping others to awaken and the profits would go to your survival - so if that is something you could accept then it would be fine.

Eventually you could have enough to live off and start your own spiritual school somewhere for free.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think you should pursue money and success. 

We live in a world that drives on money and success. 

This place is supposed to raise an individuals consciousness and that of the world/society as a whole right? 

If you think of this forum as an 'Army' that needs to fight the unconsiousness 'Army' out there, then not making good money and not having person personal success makes for a not well equipped 'Army'. 

@Anton Rogachevski What exactly, is the “dilemma”?  If it’s stopping you, at least have a look at what this thing is. Sometimes truth is hidden in words, and sometimes we use a word to hide the truth, not knowing we are doing so. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Opening spiritual school/cult. ?

Hmmm, not having foot fetish, me no likey.

So the solution is that the person is charging for his time, expertise and effort, and not for the spiritual aspect of the service. You also can't transfer wisdom, so it's also not a valid currency.

Yet I still feel like there's a missing part of the puzzle here.