DecemberFlower

How to eliminate doubt

24 posts in this topic

My question is how to eliminate doubt as much as possible from our life.Specifically targeting personal growth and achieving something.I know its practically impossible to remove it completely but what are most effective ways to reduce it to minimum ammount

@DecemberFlower I would say, the only way is to believe you are the best in your field to ever live. 

In other words, replace your limiting belief with an expansive belief that has no limits of relatively. 

ABSOLUTE BEST. 

i can confirm this works. 

@Aakash Isnt it unrealistic to expect that mind will immediately accept such a belief?What about more gradual approach or expectation?

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@DecemberFlower to go Meta - to identify doubt and become self aware that you are doubting.

Are you implying to embrace it?

@DecemberFlower it's a form of self deception and a cause of suffering.

Your own mind is a self deception machine so identifying your own deceptions are required in order for them to stop being deceptions.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I noticed its sometimes subtle mental state..i mean unlike anger or sadness for example so it goes under the radar easily or it is in the back of the mind so to say

@DecemberFlower Short answer: go for it.

Be open to error. Just stay away from obviously stupid mistakes, such as having a child prematurely, using cocaine, heroine etc.

The road to success is paved with failures.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya Your advice sounds similar to what Leo speaks about embracing confusion..if confusion and doubt are the same thing:)

@DecemberFlower

Eliminating doubt requires going full-circle. You're now in the middle of the circle, which is the furthest place from both ends. The upside is that you can go in both directions and end up at the same place. You can start believing until all doubts are gone, or you can doubt everything until there's nothing left to doubt. You have the freedom to choose.

Doubt does not have a purpose. It's just a mechanism which you were programmed with from your culture. It has its pros and its cons like anything else, but people usually focus on what they were programmed to want, which is survival. So, many people will say that the purpose of doubt is survival, where in fact, it isn't.

Doubt is a specific pattern of thoughts, that in sum, claim truth over other patterns and things.

20 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@DecemberFlower

Eliminating doubt requires going full-circle. You're now in the middle of the circle, which is the furthest place from both ends. The upside is that you can go in both directions and end up at the same place. You can start believing until all doubts are gone, or you can doubt everything until there's nothing left to doubt. You have the freedom to choose.

Doubt does not have a purpose. It's just a mechanism which you were programmed with from your culture. It has its pros and its cons like anything else, but people usually focus on what they were programmed to want, which is survival. So, many people will say that the purpose of doubt is survival, where in fact, it isn't.

Doubt is a specific pattern of thoughts, that in sum, claim truth over other patterns and things.

Great response..much appreciation:)

So difference between a mechanism and purposeful thing is that mechanism functions as its own goal like a self feeding loop?

Edited by DecemberFlower

If you didn't doubt you wouldn't grow. I think what you really want is to shrink the inner critic.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

I think that it’s a natural reaction to have doubt when you’re trying to do new things. It’s a bit of a reminder to be careful. The more experience and knowledge you have, the more you’ll know whether you can do something or not.

I have an opinion on everything :D

17 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

My question is how to eliminate doubt as much as possible from our life.Specifically targeting personal growth and achieving something.I know its practically impossible to remove it completely but what are most effective ways to reduce it to minimum ammount

Doubt is the manifestation of the fact that you are not aligned with truth.
Truth is not an abstract philosophical concept. Truth is visceral and misalignment is experienced as suffering.

Unconditional honesty is the way to align yourself.
It can be mind-centered, or heart-centered.

Mind-centered honesty is simply telling the truth and acting on it no matter the consequences.
Heart-centered honesty is about giving people space to develop themselves and make their own mistakes.
Be aware of the two and let your conscience decide which one is appropriate to follow in any given situation, as they are oftentimes in opposition.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Again, always comes back to the one universal answer: Meditation and or your preferred form of "just being" entirely present in the NOW.

The more you dissolve the layers of the illusory self, the more whole and infinite you become and aware of your true nature which is in itself, Infinite Potential/Infinite Intelligence/Infinite Abundance!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@DecemberFlower It’s a thought. Not “doubt”. You have to believe the thought and identity with it to create doubt out of a hollow thought. Notice you are directly aware of thoughts, and directly aware of sensations. Notice when you mix them and create falsities like, “doubt”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE