PretentiousHuman

My parents are pushing me down!

39 posts in this topic

I need help! I love my parents. I live with them. Im 30 years old, single. They sometimes get into my nerves when they  talk down on me. Need advices. 

"Wake up."

-- God

In my county, Philippines, questioning parents is like questioning authority. It implies disrespectfulness. 

"Wake up."

-- God

What is it that could possibly be irritated by this behavior? 

I think this happens to everyone, no matter how old we are.

See, since the first moment you were born and as a child, you've run to them for all your answers. Then you grew up and moved to friends. Your parents will always consider you a child who need answers. Listen to them from one ear, and send it to a box in your brain. Open the box whenever you need it. Or, Crystals like rose quartz can help in spreading loving vibrations. Just gift them one!

@ceidauilyc thank you. I will try not to respond to their negative emotions. Will just listen and be aware of it. 

"Wake up."

-- God

I would say get out of the house and surround yourself with people who actually respect you, but that might just be me.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Commodent i will try to do just that. And i just might ignore them if they are trying to give me anything that is not good with my mental health. Thanks. 

"Wake up."

-- God

Get the fuck out of there, it is very common that people close to you are holding you back, don't hate them, just get away from them and find some people that inspire you. 

your parents were meant to bring you up, teach you basics, now youve outgrown them since 10 years back, you can leave now!!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles I understand that. Since i dont have the means to transfer yet, i have to stay with them. 

"Wake up."

-- God

6 minutes ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@Rilles I understand that. Since i dont have the means to transfer yet, i have to stay with them. 

so you have to work your ass off to get out of there, im 25 in the same situation (although in a more affluent country) you can do it! i believe in you

@Rilles yes. Thats the reality. Im planning to work abroad, particularly US, so i can leave my country and be with more open minded people. 

"Wake up."

-- God

12 minutes ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@Rilles yes. Thats the reality. Im planning to work abroad, particularly US, so i can leave my country and be with more open minded people. 

thats awesome! know that there might be alot of resitance and fear, also alot of clinging from your parents, unless they support you