Elham

Why I loose passion when my dreams are getting fulfilled?

15 posts in this topic

I always dreamed of traveling abroad. Many many times I have dreamed it in sleep and then I woke up and got soooo disappointed. 

And now I am sitting in the airport waiting for my flight in an hour for the trip I have dreamed of and I don't feel a thing! Why is that??

Why I have no passion when I see my dreams are getting fulfilled? It's not just this time. I dream of having something or doing something and when it happens I don't feel satisfied!

Why is that?

You think, that Reality should be in a certain way, but that mindset is not aligned with Truth. Accept the present moment exactly as it is. Then you will feel like your dreams are getting fulfilled every second ?

Edited by bejapuskas

29 minutes ago, Elham said:

I always dreamed of traveling abroad. Many many times I have dreamed it in sleep and then I woke up and got soooo disappointed. 

And now I am sitting in the airport waiting for my flight in an hour for the trip I have dreamed of and I don't feel a thing! Why is that??

Why I have no passion when I see my dreams are getting fulfilled? It's not just this time. I dream of having something or doing something and when it happens I don't feel satisfied!

Why is that?

That's good. Now you know that nothing on the outside can bring happiness :)

Just be happy and enjoy the ride! And maybe, with time, you realize that You did not choose - it's all governed by a greater power.

You know, there is no such thing as a good and bad experience, it is just 2 sides of the same coin.

What a great question.

I agree with the previous answers. 

Also there seems an almost inevitable loss of passion after realising a possibility if the anticipation was what caused the passion to begin with.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

Maybe because it hasn’t happened yet. You’re still in the airport. I’d also be very careful not to have too high expectations as you can get easily disappointed. The trip might not be perfect but I’m sure that there will be good things that will make you happy and excited if you look out for them. Reality is a bit different from imagination. Just remember it’ll be as good and exciting as you make it! :)

I have an opinion on everything :D

Don't mistake feeling nothing as not feeling anything! Your moments of passion only have meaning when you have these important moments of emptiness. 

Embrace the void.

Edited by The Dopamine Cleric

@JustThinkingAloud well it happened and I had some great time ... but still what I thought i would feel was not even close to what I felt!

According to Simon Sinek, passion is WHY you do what you do, not WHAT you do.

Passion isn't an emotion you feel, but a cause that drives you to take action. Traveling isn't a passion, it's something you do.

What is the cause that makes you travel? How did you feel when you arrived at another country, saw the sights, met the people?

Maybe you're not clear yet on what your passion is, you focus on the emotion, and that's why it can fade easily.

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

@Elham  I would suggest you go observe how small children live, how happy they are all the time. :) If you don't have a little sister or a brother or some other family member, you can just keep this in mind and look children into the eyes when you have an opportunity, they are pure magic.

17 hours ago, Elham said:

@JustThinkingAloud well it happened and I had some great time ... but still what I thought i would feel was not even close to what I felt!

Great! Out expectations can sometimes fail us but you still had some great time. Awesome :)

I have an opinion on everything :D

@Elham have to realise the scarcity of opportunity in order to truly appreciate anything. At least this is one aspect of appreciation, we can also talk about the capacity for wonder, of which originates beauties that allow the mind to become captivated. Captivation from mere simplicity tied with appreciation of scarcity as well as the acknowledgement, where beneficial, for what one has achieved then passion, at least for me, remains resilient.

Right now I take each breath for granted even though, let's say I existed in some alternate timeline in the future where due to pollution I had to pay for clean air, I'd wish for and be grateful for this moment I have right now where I'm not confronted with those limitations. This is the utility of good thought experiments, they provide experimental contrast that allow the juxtaposition of present experience to illuminate the catastrophe with which we view experience, given the mundanity by which someone can perceive is generally taken to its extremities by regular folk. This achieved contrast (via thought experiments) is analogous to the necessity behind any kind of realised appreciation, it always entails suitable comparison which brings fond emotional attachments in those moments.

That's generally speaking.

For me on a personal level though what I find is that my own hyper internal competitiveness is what drives me to appreciate external actualisations a hell of a lot more. The more I put expectations on myself as opposed to the external the more, for lack of a better word, humility I have in as much as that its a catalyst for appreciation which fuels passion. The passion for me is the fight. And I am relentless, and I fear not being relentless, its that fear as well that is a part of the balance that encourages that positive dynamic between appreciation and passion there.

So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive