Schahin

Can astrology predict events for the future?

13 posts in this topic

Hey people, 

I was curious about knowing this. I have heard many cases that it was true. For example the day the berlin wall was built, its astrology said, it would experience its destiny on november 1989, the month it fell.

And some other examples. 

Id like to know how to find out certain events, or dates that mark a turning point to the positive or negative and if astrology can help in deciding if we are undecided about something. 

Maybe someone knows more. Thank you 

astrology is a science , we are all connected to the stars and planets .

i dont believe tarot reading THO , because i think they channel with entities that can be lying and sell you fake dreams when they predictin , but when they talk about past and present some of them are good at that . i dont know maybe im wrong

The utility of tarot can be useful if you believe that its reality merely reflecting itself.

Can astrology predict events for the future?

From certain perspectives - yes it can.

From other perspectives - no it cannot.

It tends to be inconsistent, so critics will say it is useless.

And yet, it does get some things correct, so believers will flock to one-off instances to validate their worldview.

The wise thing to do would be to keep your mind open.

Refrain from breeding an emotionally charged opinion: Don't bother engaging with the "Astrology is the Truth!" camp, nor the "Astrology is bullshit!" camp.

Try adopting an impartial stance and see where this leads.

Engage with it when you are inspired, but don't defend it like your baby.

It's Love.

The present changes the past and the past changes the future :)

B R E A T H E

In a distant past, astrology and astronomy were an unified field of study. Nowadays, astronomy is about observing/modeling and astrology is about guessing/believing.

unborn Truth

Astrology can predict future from what i have experienced. But there is a saying from where iam from astrology only work on normal people once you are a monk it wont work. Meaning monks can create there reality. I think self actualization is that and self actualizers dosent need astrology.

This guy predicted Cricket World cup 2019 happend this month, video was recorded in january 2019. Anchor:Regarding sports how is  India's hope.(its ragarding cricket world cup)

Astrologer: Its a hard question however iam predicting in this World cup happening in England so India will play newzeland and England will play Australia in semis. England and New zeland will play finals and ken williamson will be Man of the series and Newzeland will win(which they didnt coz of stupid icc rules after match was draw) his predictions where 99% right.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan You'd need to gather sufficient predictions to group them by probability ranges and anticipation time length ranges so that each group had statistically significant data.

You can't infer correlation from unorganized/small groups of data points, let alone causation. If lots of people are "predicting" possibilities for several events, the probability that someone gets it right at some point for some event can be quite high.

Raise your bar. Be open minded and skeptical.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

@Harikrishnan You'd need to gather sufficient predictions to group them by probability ranges and anticipation time length ranges so that each group had statistically significant data.

You can't infer correlation from unorganized/small groups of data points, let alone causation. If lots of people are "predicting" possibilities for several events, the probability that someone gets it right at some point for some event can be quite high.

Raise your bar. Be open minded and skeptical.

Actually reading my post again i found that there need some edit. Actually from my experience i have seen astrologers predicting about events happend in my life accurately. One women even said my ex gf name, she also cautioned me about an accident i will be having which happend. There are other astrologers i meet who told accurately about my character. My findings are based on my life experience with them i have meet a lot of astrologers a lot. So thats that. 

But iam still skeptical that they cant accurately predict the future, none ever did mine. They all said like i will be sucessful and all, but where all vague. And the video i posted above was about a astrologer that went viral last week in facebook in india. What made me intrested in that video was how he predicted ken wiliamson. Ken wiliamson is not that famous cricketer.  

Honsestly i am open to astrology and people having psychic power, but i strongly believe they can predict the past events but cant the future events.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

3 hours ago, pluto said:

The present changes the past and the past changes the future :)

I have heard many people say this. Is it like if you are on higher vibration now, you will interpret the past events differently (like if it was a bad event then you will think of it as a good event that gave you positive life lesson) so whole outlook towards an event happend in past changes and so it will change the future. Or can you explain how?

@Harikrishnan When you change the present, you are not longer the same person (vibrationally speaking) as you were in the past. So if you shift your vibration now, you can only align with a version of self that matches more of your "current" frequency. Remember all that exists is now.

So in a sense yes, you will see the past quite if not completely differently depending on how much you have actually changed in the now. Find some old photos or videos of yourself when you younger, you may see what i mean.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Schahin From what I’m reading in your post it seems like you’d like to get some kind of certainty / idea about the future. You shouldn’t wast time in trying to predict anything with astrology. Imo it doesn’t work, life is way too complex. If it would work that way, someone would have found out already and there’d be no surprises.

That doesn’t mean that it’s all bs but maybe we have to approach it differently.
Here’s what I found out about this topic so far:

Different planets have different meanings and depending on how they’re aligned (conjunctions and oppositions), characteristic events happen in our individual or collective human life. It’s less about hard scientific facts but if you develop a bit of an archetypal eye and you’re able to think in big picture terms it’s becoming more obvious. (Richard Tarnas spent a huge chunk of his life looking for these correlations. Read ‘Cosmos And Psyche’ if you’re interested.) You can look back at historical events and see that pretty clearly or could learn to draw your natal chart and check for yourself how the planets were aligned in different times of your life (and what those planets mean).

So certain planets might stand for certain dynamics but it’s basically impossible to know how it’s gonna play out up front. For example: Chaplin and Hitler had very similar birth charts, associated with alignments that stand for great skill in communication, proneness to nervous agitation, harsh life experiences such as sustained poverty and isolation, problematic relationships with authority combined with controlling tendencies, a pull towards personal eccentricity, artistic impulses and interests, experiences of rejection and frustration, inclinations towards relationships with unusually young or emotionally immature woman and capability to powerfully move audiences. They had very different lives but it’s hard to deny the similarity in these dynamics.

Again, only when you look at it with an archetypal eye.
But hey, it’s hard to draw the line there on where one could just add meaning to things that aren’t there.
Objectivity is out the window for sure.

So in his book he says that yes, there’s a tendency to experience breakthroughs and transformation in correspondence with certain planetary alignments but they do not per se cause it. They’re just indicators of an underlying pattern that is playing itself out. The planets do not ‘cause’ events anymore than a clock doesn’t ‘cause’ time, it’s an indicator of it, it happens simultaneously.

He also writes that even though he was very sceptical, he thinks that the universe is an interconnected whole, informed by creative intelligence which causes patterns of meaning. Something informs the cosmos and our psyche.
“As above, so below”
Whatever that is and if you believe in it is up to you.
God? Maybe he’s not doing a very good job at hiding;-)