Autumn

What's your favorite mind-bending, "reality-changing" book?

32 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Autumn said:

I feel like you're trying to troll me but I wouldn't say that it's working because I truly don't understand what you're trying to say.

Unfortunately no...that's just how people are on this forum...

But on topic: 'Zen Mind,Beginners Mind' is the book that is having the biggest impact on me right now because when you are getting involved with spirituality it's easy to get lost in big ideas, mumbo jumbo and fantasy this book is fundamental for gounding and emphasizes the daily grind of practice.

Edited by Aimblack

I have to second The Book of Not Knowing. Very dense but crazy insights into the nature of the mind, psychology and consciousness.

@Autumn Sorry, let me explain where I’m coming from. To me, your posts are patient, open minded, sincere, and intelligent. You’re interested in quantum mechanics, spirituality, and altering ideas of reality. You said reality “itself”, referring to reality as one self, which imo reveals attention to detail.  If your picture is indicative of your age at all, that’s somewhat rare. To me, that all indicates you are likely applying a broad perspective, a deep understanding, as well as an acute focus to whatever you are genuinely interested in. You’re also interested in reading, to the extent you made a post about it, so it’s a safe bet you’re a solid ‘learner’ & that would continue.  In my opinion, there’s a really good chance that all begins to culminate into an adventure of seeking & discovering for yourself, the Truth, and the nature of consciousness. 

I’m estimating there’s a good chance that given your passion, sincerity & patience, when you do self realize, you’ll want to help people do the same. The book would be handy in accomplishing this, both for you and seekers. 

Knowing it’s a true life story from seeker to self realized, written in real time as the experience unfolded (not a recollection of), written by someone who’s preference is for topics along the lines of Dark Matter,  “mind-bending” & “reality-changing” - that’s enough for a lot of people to want to read it.  Add the plights of your life to that, and it’s potentially a great movie too. 

In any case, I wish you purpose in whatever you do. Sorry for so much confusion if it was too off your topic.

I’d recommend The Nature of Consciousness by Rupert Spira, which took him twenty years to write. :) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Wow, thank you. I'm flattered!

And I agree — you don't find nearly as many people as you should of my age from my generation that are open-minded / interested in deep truths about reality.

As for all the book suggestions, some really good stuff people — keep them coming!

Mastering the core teaching of the buddha is great all around.

1000 has some very good models of awakening however I think the book is too poetic and way to autobiographical.

I third the book of not knowing.

I liked Ken Wilber's integral psychology, also but less integral spirituality. He has some very good insights in application of systems thinking if you can stand the dense repitition.

What kind of books are you looking for?

The Transparency of Things by Rupert Spira. Reality will never be seen the same again. 

1 hour ago, Surfingthewave said:

The Transparency of Things by Rupert Spira. Reality will never be seen the same again. 

I second this. Great read. Explains everything in a very easy to understand way. One of my all time favs. 

The Book of Not Knowing by Peter Ralston, Integral Psychology and Integral Spirituality by Ken Wilber and I AM THT by Nisargadatta Maharaj was really mind bending and I seriously need to re-read all of them.

Hallå