Autumn

What's your favorite mind-bending, "reality-changing" book?

32 posts in this topic

From quantum physics to the spiritual realm, what book has most altered your ideas on reality itself?

For me I would say Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - it goes into some really mind-bending ideas about human consciousness in relation to alternate universes.

Edited by Autumn

The Book of Not Knowing by Peter Ralston

Nothing has come close for me in terms of permanently altering my minute to minute experience of life

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

56 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Autumn

Autumn, write a book explaining what consciousness is. 

I don't get it..? :|

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Autumn I know, that’s why it would be such a great book. If you start soon.

I feel like you're trying to troll me but I wouldn't say that it's working because I truly don't understand what you're trying to say.

@Autumn Which book would you rather read, the book written by the post awakened Buddha, most of which is not reachable, or understandable, yet points to what can be discovered, reached and understood. Or, the book Siddhartha started writing about self discovery when he was around 26, and ends post awakened Buddha? The whole story, so to speak. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

36 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

@Nahm Seriously man, grow  up. 

I think he is talking about grounding yourself on what you experience directly and put it intro words. That it helps you fine the truth for yourself... Not taking someone word for it..

Edited by ActualizedDavid

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Vinnie  Come on, literally every newbie has problems understanding what Nahm means, you don't wanna scare them off. The first time I posted, someone asked me: Who are you? and I was like wth man are you drunk? xD 

@bejapuskas Yeah thats the point. Why would you speak in a way that people can't understand you? Its self aggrandising. Ego.

@Vinnie  It is very hard to chat with someone and intuite their mood, spiral stage, feelings etc... without seeing their face. You can easily make a mistake, everyone makes mistakes ;) Also there is a lot of language barrier going on, for example I cannot understand some of the stuff some people are saying because it is just too long and exhausting. (it's getting better though)