Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fryingLotus

Bufo alvarius experience in Peru

9 posts in this topic

Okay so this was my first time and was not a breakthrough. The smoke was very easy to take a hold in (nothing like dmt) and the smell and taste were very very familiar. This was almost as if I was re-experiencing the first taste I've ever tasted once more. 

So we had a small glass pipe and a bic lighter - not the best for when it's windy out but it seemed to do the trick. The location was below some Incan ruins, next to a river in the mountains. 

Now Dmt gives me anxiety which I always need to work through when smoking, and as such I was apprehensive about smoking bufo (one of the reasons I didn't breakthrough, also I wanted to test the waters a bit) however this seemed to bypass that entirely. 

I took 3 hits and was not expecting the psychedelic effects at all, especially as I've read you don't get any visions. Everything was extremely defined and blending together and I could feel myself losing touch with reality (this makes it hard to take more hits also but my facilitator was doing all the pipe work). 

I laid down and went straight to bliss, I saw twisting shapes and colours, there was a total feeling of centered-ness, I felt home, free with no worries, a deep deep feeling of inner peace all whilst the shaman played quartz bowls around me which really helped to amplify the experience. 

I can't get over the taste, its so familiar. 

Sorry this is not more descriptive but overall I got a taste of the bliss, felt a oneness, I could feel some insect crawling over my face and hand but this didn't matter at all, my body simply sank into the earth and the illusion of disconnection was removed. All I can really think to say is bliss and tranquility, equanimity. I am extremely happy to have taken a peek at the potential here and will be partaking in another ceremony in a few days and then again in a month and a half hopefully. 

Also I must say, there are practioners out there offering bufo from $3000 upwards. This is very very wrong. I paid $30!!!! This is a medicine, an extremely profound and powerful tool and should by no means be reduced to a commodity. The medicine should be available to all, not those who have a wad of cash to splurge. 

I will try to pull out more information from my next experience that I can share with you but from what I've been told it is very hard to do so. My mind just keeps repeating bliss bliss bliss. It is extremely grounding and comforting to know that this bliss exists all the time. I think this feels like a connection with the power we hold in ourselves that we call to in times of need, the driving force that keeps us going when we feel like we can't go on any longer (or essentially when our egos are dragging us down). 

Also above I mentioned that reality was slipping away, well actuslly I think it's more so the other way round, this was breaking down the illusion and revealing the source to me. Again this was just a glimpse which is even more amazing to me at the potential this stuff holds. 

Great! The trick is understanding what it is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Where in peru did you experience it? 

I am looking for a place in Pucallpa

On 03/07/2019 at 9:48 PM, Leo Gura said:

Great! The trick is understanding what it is.

There are no words, the understanding seems to lie in just being. Seriously wtf bro haha its crazy that you know this is here all along. Its like your whole life is just your ego expanding like a balloon thats going to pop and then some frog venom gradually deflates you softly and all built up anxieties are just wiped out with your mind being safely tucked up in bliss. 

Okay update here guys. 

The first session:
Not full release, felt bliss, oneness, very grounding. Wow. I felt the healing potential. 

The second session:
More hits from the pipe. Wow anxiety my old friend what you playing at? Completely inside my own head, can't relax, can't just be, trying to let go and feel all sensations but my mind is racing to get away. After this I started coming down and there was no afterglow like before. Everything looked darker, it looked like anxiety. I then got a huge wave of anxiety that felt like it would last forever but it passed. I think I was on the brink of passing over but the dose was just enough to set me into the uncomfortable stage where my ego had power to fihht back and did not want to give in. This is what I'm hoping anyway but man it's hard and I get the same thing from normal dmt. So essentially I feel that more intake would have broken me through all the anxiety. 

Also I feel like the anxiety wave was a layer of my ego returning. So as if my ego was coming back gradually in blocks as I returned to normal. I feel like the anxiety needs to be dealt with and I felt so ready to handle it, this was the confusing thing. I meditated for an hour in the morning (as normal), did some self inquiry for 30 minutes, got some revelations, then later before the ceremony I felt bliss after I spent about 45 minutes self affirming I am ready, I give in, I trust myself, I trust the medicine, I embrace fear, fear is just a label we give to a sensation, there is nothing special about it, I approach fear with curiosity etc etc. So this self affirmation session eventually resulted in my brain just giving up and thoughts seemed to vanish. I then felt happiness come over me.

So yeah I felt pretty ready and still had a difficult, uncomfortable experience where all meditation seemed to go out the window. I'm currently reassesing and will be doing another tomorrow probably (eeeek!!).

My point here is that if you have lots of underlying issues then, you may break through them or it may bring them all to the surface and you'll feel them in full force. It didn't really feel like it was working me through them either. It actually felt bad for my brain, like I could feel wires getting mixed up and now I have a headache. There was stress and an 'oh no' feeling on the sobering up stage. 

Maybe someone else could share some words of wisdom for me as I'm not sure where my future with psychedelics lies at this time with this same blockage being experienced time and time again. 

Time to hit the pen and paper again to get all of these thoughts out. 

Edit: @Leo Gura help! 

Edited by fryingLotus

@fryingLotus First usage but not a break through ??? - what was your dosage ? Why you feel its not a breakthrough ?

Though your narrative says you experienced

No-self,oneness,bliss ?

How many milli grams for 30 dollars or how many trips one can go with that ?

Edited by Jkris

5 hours ago, Jkris said:

@fryingLotus First usage but not a break through ??? - what was your dosage ? Why you feel its not a breakthrough ?

Though your narrative says you experienced

No-self,oneness,bliss ?

How many milli grams for 30 dollars or how many trips one can go with that ?

Doseage is just eyeballed and you smoke as much as you can. 

Not a breakthrough because I still had a sense of self, but I did experience bliss and oneness. These words have different levels of meaning - I can experience a level of it meditating but I know there are levels my brain can't comprehend.

Its a ceremony so you pay for that;1 trip although theres always been a bit left over each time that I have afterwards.