Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EvilAngel

Take control of your mind - positive thinking WORKS

7 posts in this topic

Positive thinking actually works. Today I was meditating and wasn't getting the results I was hoping for. I sat for hours, and became "aware of awareness", however the background hum of negative thoughts was stopping me from actually feeling happy.

If your default mode of thinking is negative then you need to do something about it. It's possible to take control of your mind and focus attention on positive things. If you are depressed, your mind might have convinced you that all those negative thoughts are "real" or "worth worrying about". But just a little bit of conscious effort can turn things around. 

Whether it's a fond memory or something you're looking forward to, or something you have that you are grateful for, you can actually CHOOSE to focus on these things. 

Sit down and force yourself to think ONLY happy thoughts for, say, 15 minutes. I bet it will make you feel better. 

Edited by EvilAngel

I have the perfect method. It's literally perfect actually.

All you have to do is sit and relax, and repeat an internal mantra along the lines of: "everything is perfect, all is well, I accept this, I accept that, I love myself and others, etc..."

After doing that for 5-10 minutes, the mind calms down, and it becomes the perfect time for some serious investigation.

3 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

I have the perfect method. It's literally perfect actually.

All you have to do is sit and relax, and repeat an internal mantra along the lines of: "everything is perfect, all is well, I accept this, I accept that, I love myself and others, etc..."

After doing that for 5-10 minutes, the mind calms down, and it becomes the perfect time for some serious investigation.

Have you ever thought of doing one of those YouTube entrepreneur adverts? The one's that you can't wait for the "Skip" button to activate. You might make a killing! You can advertise the perfect method lol. Do you work in sales? 

5 hours ago, EvilAngel said:

Positive thinking actually works. Today I was meditating and wasn't getting the results I was hoping for. I sat for hours, and became "aware of awareness", however the background hum of negative thoughts was stopping me from actually feeling happy.

If your default mode of thinking is negative then you need to do something about it. It's possible to take control of your mind and focus attention on positive things. If you are depressed, your mind might have convinced you that all those negative thoughts are "real" or "worth worrying about". But just a little bit of conscious effort can turn things around. 

Whether it's a fond memory or something you're looking forward to, or something you have that you are grateful for, you can actually CHOOSE to focus on these things. 

Sit down and force yourself to think ONLY happy thoughts for, say, 15 minutes. I bet it will make you feel better. 

Good post. Keeps it simple. Back to basics. Totally agree it's worth practicing this. 

@EvilAngel for sure. If you have work to do you better have a positive mind rather than a negative. Negativity consumes lots of mental and physical energy. 

@Bill W Thankyou. Yes, such a simple method it is often overlooked. However, it takes a little bit of effort to take control of the mind and start thinking positively. If negativity has been ruling your thinking for a long time, then positivity almost seems unnatural. That's why you've got to FORCE the positive thoughts at first. But it's like surfing a wave - once the first few positive thoughts are focused on, you can 'ride the feeling' so to speak, and more happy thoughts inevitably follow. 

???

Edited by EvilAngel

On 04/07/2019 at 1:11 AM, Bill W said:

Have you ever thought of doing one of those YouTube entrepreneur adverts? The one's that you can't wait for the "Skip" button to activate. You might make a killing! You can advertise the perfect method lol. Do you work in sales?

Was it really that boring?! LOL.

I've worked as a sales representative for a year, and I hated it.

@Rinne Yes. You can verify it.

Edited by Truth Addict