Beard

Using actualized.org video excerpts in a song.

5 posts in this topic

Feel free to lock this if it doesnt fit the guidelines (I was unsure due to copy rights) 

I am wondering if we would be allowed to sample insights from a video, and put them in a song. I would love to expose deeper insights to large dance festival crowds, and think it could get people more interested in this work. I wouldn't try to take things out of context, and would be fine with having it seen before releasing it. Totally understand if this isn't cool though! Maybe just having one unpublished track to play at shows would be really cool! @Leo Gura

I think you should create what you want first and then show it to Leo, maybe he'll consider to adding it to some episode in the future

Oooh, I love this idea. A lot of techno songs have little excepts of sayings and Leo's videos would make for some great sound bites.

Something great could happen if Akira the Don got interested in Leo's work. A few examples of his work below. In a surprising way, the music intricately melted in the original speech gives this sound quality that reminds me of why good public speakers are rhythmical and varying in pitch. The whole becomes kinda pre-contemplated and gets into me at a deeper level than some "dryer" content. A bit like comic books. It has a musical kind of persuasion. 

We can definitely ping at Akira on social networks. And get some Actualized videos his way.

And even if we don't.

The McKenna, Allan Watts, David Foster Wallace, Jocko Willink and Scott Adams track are phenomenal.

This one album combines well with tripping. An alternative and poetic explanation of how we have partially constrained Gods probing God forgetting that we are like our hand stroking our body.