Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aldo

Intelect

5 posts in this topic

How do you guys think are the people with the strongest intelect in our society?

@Natasha i think that certain people have a sharper intelect than others. These are the jnana yoga people. 

I think this is a difficult question. Perhaps asking, “What am I interested in?” can narrow the scope of the problem.

Brilliant people talking in Geek can frustrate listeners. Nevertheless, a person is busy with thoughts—whether grinding ruminations against feminists or testing analytical frameworks to identify some intellectual property.

To find the name of a current-day intellectual heavy-weight who also cares to explain their understanding: Look at • the name • of an editor • of a big fat summary • of any field (e.g., a religion, philosophy, the critical history of psychology) • inside the reference section • of a university library. Well, if you do that, you might as well read the first few pages. Even look at a couple of books in case you hit a bummer. “The medium is the message” (Marshal McLuhan). 

There is interplay between genius and the hive mind. Great intellects generate their boxes, but they at least digest thought-systems, if they do not also seek to refine existing analytical instruments. For all their limits, successful thought systems incorporate at least some genius elements. One of the reasons why people often refer to deceased intellects is because they stood the test of time. Similarly, major thought systems have stood the test of time. These systems proved adequately superior even if they seem retrograde. Formal methods add perspective. 

Some great intellects teach without books. ‘Of writing books, there is no end and work is a weariness of the flesh,’ as the old community gather-er once wrote.