Annoynymous

Leo's latest video : It feels frustrating

45 posts in this topic

You said a lot of things in your recent reality video. I consider myself open to your saying on that, that i am imagining reality and all other things. But it frustrates me a LOT. Because when i was hearing you, i felt that yes i could understand what you are saying but all those saying is not in my first hand experience. It felt like someone is telling me a fairy tale and i am listening to it but  at the same time i know that i dont know if it is true or not. It is not something that i am experiencing.

So my question is, what to do about it? Listening to you only seem not to be working for me.how to tap into what you said in my life as an experience? I know that just "believing" what you said won't work. 

and also, many things that you said was very hard for me to fathom, for example you said the physical world in which i live is my imagination. I dont know or not conscious about it makes me frustrated, a lot. And confused also.if i can not experience these things in my life, what's even the point of hearing you talking these? It seems like it won't help much. @Leo Gura

Simple: just do the practices.

You are right, that video cannot be understood at your present level of consciousness. Like I said, it took me some 15 years to get there. And I used some powerful tools along the way without which it would have been impossible for me.

Basically almost no human being is capable of understanding it. Because it is requires transhuman levels of consciousness.

Getting to the bottom of What is reality? is a HUGE undertaking. You are asking to know how the world is created. This cannot be understood from within the human mind.

Yes, it is very frustrating at times. Psychedelics make it 1000x easier.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oh I agree fully, Im tired of all the What is God, What Is Reality videos now... I mean how many do we need... Feels like Leo is just repeating himself sometimes... I get it... Its infinitely profound for him... but for me its just like... Alright... I might understand someday after 50+ hits of 5-meo... but right now it doesnt help me at all

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Leo Gura phychedelics are not available in my area and i dont hope soon to be moving in countries where i can find them.

So how much i can expect from meditation, kriya yoga, contempletion,  shamanic breathing etc practices?

10 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura phychedelics are not available in my area and i dont hope soon to be moving in countries where i can find them.

So how much i can expect from meditation, kriya yoga, contempletion,  shamanic breathing etc practices?

You can probably expect as much as you put into it, as long as you're doing it correctly.

Try searching the forum bar for keywords, there's a few books on Leo's booklist that will probably accelerate your growth in some of those areas. :)

you have a different perception to someone else.

someone's perception becomes their truth. their truth isn't necessarily yours.

there is some of what I perceive as mythology among this community that there is an absolute, universal truth that is available just behind a barrier. actually all that is available is your own, deepening or changing perception, and it might not be the same as the next persons.

28 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

you have a different perception to someone else.

someone's perception becomes their truth. their truth isn't necessarily yours.

there is some of what I perceive as mythology among this community that there is an absolute, universal truth that is available just behind a barrier. actually all that is available is your own, deepening or changing perception, and it might not be the same as the next persons.

The perception is unique and different. The perceiver is one and the same.

Leo will keep on doing what he feels his heart needs to share, but he will lose me eventually if he doesnt come down from Nirvana to be with the plebs. 

Yea, it's the same problem with me , and I think with many people who watch his videos. 

We can't do much by knowing that the universe is our imagination.  

If the universe is our imagination, then why can't we stop the universe dead on it's tracks. Like I can imagine stories, I can imagine me flying over the hills and mountains, or fighting dragons and trolls, I can play out a story in my head, and then I can stop the entire imagination at once. So something similar should  happen.

Likewise, another 'property' of imagination is that everything should be popped out at will. I can imagine a forest coming out of nowhere, or there is a Lion in my room. It pops out in my imagination whenever I want to. But in reality that is not happening. Nothing is popping out at all.

And likewise, if we are  imagining, then why would we create immense suffering on ourselves? Why do many people die of terrorism, commit suicide due to abuse, cause extreeeeeeeme amount of suffering on themselves if it was all their imagination.

The problem doesn't stop there , Leo says- "All of human history, is your imagination, if you don't think about it , it doesn't exist" Well, I am quite certain that I exist as I am typing this up lying on my bed, in my dell laptop, and I am also certain, that many people in the future will not be thinking about me, because I am no Caesar  or Napoleon, so does that I mean I do not exist at all because the people in the future will not be thinking about me? Again it's absurd.

I think Leo should use a different word instead of the word 'imagination', there should be a different terminology.

May be 'dreaming unconsciously' ?

May be we (the god) are unconsciously dreaming stuffs into existence, such that we (the living organism) suffers by ourselves?

So I think, even if Leo says that we, or he is imagining stuffs, I don't think there is much he can do. 
He still doesn't have the power like law of attraction, he cannot become a billionaire by imagining he has a billion dollars and suddenly it manifests into existence. He can say 'the universe is our imagination' hundred times, but I don't think any thing even slightly  new will happen. He still has to earn money, run actualized.org, eat food etc. He is exactly at the same spot he started from.

All we can do  is do the spiritual work, experience the spirit, and that's it, nothing more nothing less. 

Everything else remains the same. 

Exactly the same.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

39 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

@Truth Addict

Also a perception.

LOL.

Maybe that's how it seems to you at the moment.

In reality, it's not a thing. It's a no-thing. It cannot be perceived.

Remember, all spirituality works this way: if you don't do the practices, not only will you not understand it, you will definitely misunderstand it and it will worsen your life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Truth Addict

22 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

In reality, it's not a thing. It's a no-thing. It cannot be perceived.

you have just perceived whatever 'it' it is you are trying to describe.

that you are unable to fathom it doesn't mean you haven't made a perception.

and this is my point.

everything that is received by the senses or otherwise intuited is perceived. what you perceive isn't necessarily what someone else perceives. so the enlightened crowd have perceived what they consider is reality and truth. but it's not my truth, or anyone elses, only yours.

edit:

to be clear, i'm fully aware that what I just wrote is my own perception of the situation. it is no more or less valid than what someone else perceives. I can't assume that what I wrote is universal truth. 

Edited by studentofthegame

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Remember, all spirituality works this way: if you don't do the practices, not only will you not understand it, you will definitely misunderstand it and it will worsen your life.

But you said that youve experienced things even masters havent experienced. Remember that your audience is mostly newbies. Even if I meditate my entire life i might not reach your “state”. Am i right?

6 hours ago, Rilles said:

Oh I agree fully, Im tired of all the What is God, What Is Reality videos now... I mean how many do we need... Feels like Leo is just repeating himself sometimes... I get it... Its infinitely profound for him... but for me its just like... Alright... I might understand someday after 50+ hits of 5-meo... but right now it doesnt help me at all

What will help you right now is talked about in his previous "personal development" videos 1-3 years back isn't it?

Expressions of Truth on the phenomenal plane can only show you your own, personal connection to it.
They will get you no closer, or further to your own center than you already are.

Ultimately, Truth is a form of grace and the only thing you can do is to make space for it.
Do the practices.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@lostmedstudent

That duality is just an assumption. You've separated perception into two categories; a perceived (object) and a perceiver (subject), right? But how do you know?

That's why they say Truth cannot be communicated. Because to communicate something, we have to use a dualistic tool, such as language which is built on subject-object duality.

This is something that you can verify through self-inquiry.

Try to locate the perceiver, and see if you can find it.

Or, try to locate the perceived, by looking at your hand for example, and see if you can separate it from anything else.

It works both ways.

You will eventually discover that there is nothing but perception/awareness without a perceiver, and that it's the same as the perceived phenomenon.

58 minutes ago, aidenhall said:

What will help you right now is talked about in his previous "personal development" videos 1-3 years back isn't it?

Oh come on. He doesnt need to bring it down that much, I love his new videos, when theyre practical, I loved the What Is Actuality? episode. 

8 hours ago, Rilles said:

I just watched the vid. What parts were confusing to you?