Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schahin

Is 5-Meo Dmt a cure for mental ilnesses?

21 posts in this topic

Could the medicine be the one medicine that cures the lives of any mentally ill people? 

5-meo will not solve mental illness at any fundamental level until you could stabilise in omniscient consciousness and by then it would be totally pointless. 

Mental illness is apart of the diversity of god. You could reduce its symptoms using unorthodox healing and maybe even cure some entirely. However the majority of them, will just have to be accepted as part of being human. 

Ofcourse you have the option to enter a non dual state and basically glide over all the issues. It take major rehabilitation to rid yourself of any mental illness. 

In addition, everyone has a mental illness of some sort. The current definition under the materialistic paradigm is too inefficient because it defined healthiness against society standards. However, the truth is the standards are all relative and as a result only particular symptoms or behaviours are categorised and isolated as problems. 

As an example, To an enlightened being, it’s totally fine to be a murderer, it would be deemed normal and within reason. 

Edited by Aakash

28 minutes ago, Aakash said:

5-meo will not solve mental illness at any fundamental level until you could stabilise in omniscient consciousness and by then it would be totally pointless. 

Mental illness is apart of the diversity of god. You could reduce its symptoms using unorthodox healing and maybe even cure some entirely. However the majority of them, will just have to be accepted as part of being human. 

Ofcourse you have the option to enter a non dual state and basically glide over all the issues. It take major rehabilitation to rid yourself of any mental illness. 

In addition, everyone has a mental illness of some sort. The current definition under the materialistic paradigm is too inefficient because it defined healthiness against society standards. However, the truth is the standards are all relative and as a result only particular symptoms or behaviours are categorised and isolated as problems. 

As an example, To an enlightened being, it’s totally fine to be a murderer, it would be deemed normal and within reason. 

Why are enlightened people okay with things like murder? Is it because they know that nobody is actually being hurt as the murder is something the enlightened person dreams up?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

I’m not sure I can answer on their behalf, I am not enlightened. Hopefully someone will reply to you. 

Watch the video on sadhguru talking about hitler and watch his reply carefully. 

Edited by Aakash

@Shaun Only some people are saying something on those lines.

Non-violence,Non-killing (animals for food)  etc were  emphasized by Vedanta,Buddha,Mahavir.

If somebody slaps you show your other cheek - Jesus

Vasudhaiva kudumbakam - the world is one family.

Live and let others live.

That alone can be possibily truth.

Nobody is getting hurt is pure unadulterated bs ? 

Will an enlightened being put his hands in fire saying nobody gets hurt and it is just imagination in my mind or pain is illusion blah blah.

Edited by Jkris

Some medical hypothesis start with relatively more anecdotal evidence.

I would not be surprised if 5MEO healed common depressive thought grooves or somatic pain from jarring fears.

@Schahin  Don't know about mental illness, but psychedelics for sure can heal the body physically. 

I have been having back pains for a month now, and after my LSD trip last night it completely faded away. They reset your body completely. All the tension the ego builds up. It wouldn't surprise me if mental illness could be healed through psychedelics and consciousness work. B| 

There is a way higher chance of it inducing a mental illness than curing it. I know a few people that have entered a state of psychosis due to the drug so no. 

24 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

There is a way higher chance of it inducing a mental illness than curing it. I know a few people that have entered a state of psychosis due to the drug so no. 

Is it? I see it helping people way more than inducing psychosis. It depends on the people you are around. 

Lot of science has even begun seeing benefits from mushroom use. I would be careful going around saying the chance is higher. Of course that isn't justifying being reckless with the stuff that'll just increase chances of bad times. 

@Schahin I think it can cure things like anxiety and depression by providing fundamental realizations about your perceptions of the world. It is a gamble though. I don't think anybody really knows the chance because it is highly dependent on the individual. I would try everything before psychedelics. 

If you have mental disorders or a history of them in your family and therefor a genetic disposition psychedelics can bring them out. This is fairly clear and documented. 

57 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

That’s a state, a phase, if you will, and definitely not something to be overly concerned about. People simply need to take responsibility for their experiences. 

22 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

If you have mental disorders or a history of them in your family and therefor a genetic disposition psychedelics can bring them out. This is fairly clear and documented. 

No proof however

@Keyholeconfusing but valid point 

Edited by DrewNows

32 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

Maybe then, linking to studies would be more beneficial then playing telephone with a subject like that. 

Yes this would be the case imo. In my analysis, I have yet to understand what level the physical world plays in all this. I’ve taken many different stances. 

A) does the idea itself make it happen , the follow up question is how dangerous is misdiagnosis 

b) is it a belief problem or biologically ingrained

c) how much has general science construed the understanding of this 

d) are they all solvable 

e) what are the boundaries that define mental health. For example autism, itself some can be fixed by rehabilitating an individuals meta-knowledge. But general school education does not teach this. 

F) does the individual imagine it or does god imagine it for you 

G) to what extent does medication work

Anyways you get the point, but the conclusion I have drawn is that even enlightenment does not solve these issues. Therefore, by default it’s best to go with textbook science and proven clinical trials in the short term approach. 

Also I would add that if physicality holds true then yes it is possible for there to be a problem before taking drugs and would have progressed eventually. Onset times vary for individuals. 

So yes the individual will say it’s because of the drug if that’s where their reference point of their life changing occurred. Which is misleading itself. 

Edited by Aakash

8 hours ago, Jack River said:

In the past, when there was no medication, people used to heal themselves by not eating anything for a prolonged period. This is a natural healing method if it apllies to every and anyone I am not sure

Dr Juri Nikolajew. Russian psychiatrist found this out, while one persoj with schizophrenia refused to eat, and he refrained from the forcefeed practice, after a few days he started talking, and doing activities and by 25 days 70% got healed. 

Prolonged fasting must be a consciousness work also, as you refrain from the desires of the body and take care of your real self. Basically what I think the story of Adam and Eve was about, when they ate from the tree they pursued their bodily needs and forgot who they really were and therefore left paradise, as they got distracted with human desires and you can only see the true self, leaving all your desires, which are all distractions. 

5 Meo Dmt breakthrough probably does the same and makes you remember yourself and therefore could be beneficial just as fasting is, but maybe it would be good if someone really had problems tried it and came here to comment. 

I had my own experience with 5Meo but it was sub breakthrough and it was not fun, and I literally could feel how a schizophrenia suffering human feels, am a little bit afraid of trying it again, as I think I received the message that was needed and couldnt bring myself through it again, but yes probably after feeling schizophrenic you feel the universal unity and end the schizophrenia. 

So mental illness could be probably a person that has just lost himself due to severe trauma and other factors. 

He cant recognize himself anymore and got pushed down by his thinking, Beliefs, bad experiences, all mental illnesses are different but I am talking abiut the severest, schizophrenia. 

So 5 Meo or fasting could help to remember andbe yourself again and burn away what has led you astray and made you mentally ill. 

What do you think? 

Edited by Schahin

@Schahin @Schahin @Schahin

Now that is more specific about the type of disorder.

Schizophrenia - Are you suffering from schizophrenia ?

Now the person who suffer from schizophrenia know he is suffering from schizophrenia ?

Most likely they dont know.Their perception is their reality.

For now there is no cure for schizophrenia but can be treated and managed.The root cause of the disorder is not known and not addressed but only the symptoms are treated and managed.

I havent taken 5meo so cannot anything about 5meo what insights it can bring or say it can cure the disorder brain malfunctioning or make the person taking 5 meo concious that he is having that disorder.

Nor I do not know if 5 meo will amplify worsen the disorder.

If it cures well and good if it doesnt take the medications prescribed to keep it under control non appearing.

Edited by Jkris

Well I meant mental illnesses in general, but for me the important one is schizophrenia, I dont have it by the way. 

The question would still apply to all mental illnesses. 

Schizophrenia to me just seems like a confused person, someone that is disconnected to the universe, from its own spirit. I am no chronic schizophrenic to evaluate it better but already had a sub breakthrough experience with the medicine and it totally felt like schizophrenia to me even only for a few seconds but I had the feeling that I'd never come out of that state. The sense of being lost and not trusting your surroundings, being more or less completely alone in the world instead of united. 

So maybe schizophrenics are always in that sub breakthrough state due to whatever circumstances and factors, and just need that jump to unity and faith. 

Edited by Schahin

Psychedelics have some potential to sometimes cure depression/dysthymia but other than that, they do not cure mental illness like schizophrenia, anxiety, phobias...

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Well anxiety and phobias are actually well known to be treated by psychedelics. Especially social phobia. 

I think we should distinguish taking psychedelics for fun or using them in a correct ceremony as a medicine. They are acually medicine, some say a tool for consciousness work, that is true, Many say sacred medicine which makes more sense because it heals you and brings you back to who you really are and burns away the baggage of negativity you acquired which made you depressed/anxious/scared or delusional. 

The reason why we think schizophrenia is not well treated with sacred medicines I think is more of a common misconception that says that these illnesses are unhealable. But that is just the view of western psychiatry, that really has no idea in the first place. 

As said before, mental illnesses can be very well treated by prolong fasting which itself is also a the best medicine as Hippocrates said too

Edited by Schahin