Joel Case

The Culture Of Development

9 posts in this topic

I have found great peace of mind by having higher values like what Leo talks about, but also I value the expansion of life itself. To me this is the most fundamental value if one has an evolutionary perspective on human development. Life is like water flowing to the lowest point. The lowest point is the vacuum where no life exists. Life takes matter and adds boundless layers of complexity to what was once lifeless, fighting the eternal battle against entropy.

I know mankind has a special roll in this process.

Life has covered every conceivable corner of the planet earth, but what is lacking is tremendous complexity. Life expands "horizontally" Where even a bacteria is a suitable organism to simply convert dirt into life, but there is also "vertical" expansion. Which is evolution.. Not just replicating dna, but becoming more complex filling the negative space which life so wishes to fill with emergent properties.

This is the value of the proliferation of life, to go to the uninhabited place. To put something were there was nothing, influencing the stream of time as it flows to the negative space... where there is no time, or all of time. Filling time up with experience of reality. Having infinite nodes experiencing reality from infinite perspectives.

I am committed to this view of reality. The only way is up... More complexity, more people, more life, more choice, more possibility. All the resources we need are right here in front of us, all we lack is the culture to convert them into meaningful products, and systems which could deliver millions from poverty and oppression.

The most important job is creating the CULTURE of life expansion and human development. Which is why I think Leo is making an enlightened decision starting this forum!

I joined mainly just to post about this kind of stuff. I have an interest in ocean, desert, and space colonization.

These things will eventually be the release valve of population stress and provide technological and social solutions to the rest of the world.

Start meditating, learning to pay attention, exercising, learning new skills, and developing yourself. So we can get to space, and start making new technological advances. If enough people work toward creating a culture of life expansion and human development it will start to become a reality.

Life takes matter and adds boundless layers of complexity to what was once lifeless, fighting the eternal battle against entropy.

I love this sentence. :)

:ph34r:

So basically your job is to spread the cancer of humanity across the oceans, deserts, and outer space? (half joking) :P

I sometimes wonder about this. How much good is there REALLY in empowering humanity? I mean, sure, let's say this forum helps 100,000 people to become more self-actualized, but then ultimately that leads to more human beings that populate the universe until it's overrun by humans like a swarm of self-actualizing locusts. Lol

Do we really know what is good and what is bad in the grand scheme of things?

/nihilistic-musings

Your heart's in the right place man. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I take an existential view that it's a good thing.  So I "believe" its the way to go and I'm sticking too it. The alternative is reducing or staling population growth. Which means war famine and disease, or laws against having children.

I've really pondered that question as well, and recently too. I had a zen teacher who had this down. Whoever would come, he would be there...but not attached AT ALL, and just kept on moving. After all, if all humans disapeared, the boddhisatva's job would be done...Unless some freakish shit happened after that...

@Leo Gura All i know is that truth is basically another word to express Light. If what you are teaching is in harmony with universal flow, it will manifest and multiply regardless of whether one believes its true or not. Humanity is waking up faster and faster every year, just like technology and everything else.

Light only multiplies, there's no going back once you have seen what's inside the dark room as if light illuminated the room only but once, everything changes for good and how you thought in the past will never been the same since you have had the glimpse of whats inside, it will never be completely dark or remain an illusion ever again.

B R E A T H E

@Joel Case Personally, I agree that yes, there are evolutionary solutions to the problems for humanity that are based in technology...but also.... great advancements that will occur with some level of release from it.... more connection to nature...without/ and beyond technology!.....

On 2/8/2016 at 0:26 AM, Joel Case said:

I have found great peace of mind by having higher values like what Leo talks about, but also I value the expansion of life itself. To me this is the most fundamental value if one has an evolutionary perspective on human development. Life is like water flowing to the lowest point. The lowest point is the vacuum where no life exists. Life takes matter and adds boundless layers of complexity to what was once lifeless, fighting the eternal battle against entropy.

I know mankind has a special roll in this process.

Life has covered every conceivable corner of the planet earth, but what is lacking is tremendous complexity. Life expands "horizontally" Where even a bacteria is a suitable organism to simply convert dirt into life, but there is also "vertical" expansion. Which is evolution.. Not just replicating dna, but becoming more complex filling the negative space which life so wishes to fill with emergent properties.

This is the value of the proliferation of life, to go to the uninhabited place. To put something were there was nothing, influencing the stream of time as it flows to the negative space... where there is no time, or all of time. Filling time up with experience of reality. Having infinite nodes experiencing reality from infinite perspectives.

I am committed to this view of reality. The only way is up... More complexity, more people, more life, more choice, more possibility. All the resources we need are right here in front of us, all we lack is the culture to convert them into meaningful products, and systems which could deliver millions from poverty and oppression.

The most important job is creating the CULTURE of life expansion and human development. Which is why I think Leo is making an enlightened decision starting this forum!

I joined mainly just to post about this kind of stuff. I have an interest in ocean, desert, and space colonization.

These things will eventually be the release valve of population stress and provide technological and social solutions to the rest of the world.

Start meditating, learning to pay attention, exercising, learning new skills, and developing yourself. So we can get to space, and start making new technological advances. If enough people work toward creating a culture of life expansion and human development it will start to become a reality.

I too have similar ideas like this that I like to believe, and I hope to contribute to this through my work. But it's also important to realize that this belief, while it's uplifting, may not be true and reveals a potential attachment to the anthropocentric view of the universe. It also sets happiness and fulfillment in the future, when the future never actually comes. Reality is always perfect and complete, regardless of what happens to humans. Humanity is an individual human's everything, but is not anymore significant or less significant that any other thing in existence. So, if humans evolve and self-actualize and develop toward a better world, it's perfect. If we kill ourselves and all living organisms on the planet through nuclear warfare, this is also perfect. But I certainly prefer your way. So, it's important to follow these preferences and advocate for them. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 2/8/2016 at 10:29 AM, Joel Case said:

I take an existential view that it's a good thing.  So I "believe" its the way to go and I'm sticking too it. The alternative is reducing or staling population growth. Which means war famine and disease, or laws against having children.

Populations can reach a critical mass and crumble on their own without laws against children or premature death. Unconscious social psychology can shift so that procreation is no longer desired. We can see this budding now in some societies.

I think we overestimate the necessity of our meddling. We aren't even meddling. It's happening through us. 

nothing is anything