The Don

What Would Happen If I Put Myself In The Present Moment All The Time?

131 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

I would like to try to meditate all the time; to be present all the time.

I would like to be in a meditative state even when I'm at work or anywhere really.

Have you ever thought about being present all the time and what can you do to achieve that?

And also, what would happen to our brain if we would mediate all the time?

Me on the road less traveled.

That's the end result of years of work, I've been trying to achieve this for about a year, and I have only realized how deep of a hole I'm in. The ego doesn't wanna do that and it's not easy if you aren't already very close. 

It takes a lot of work, yeah. But someday I will be able to achieve it.

What happens to our brains when we meditate?

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don You develop outer portions of the brain (pre-frontal cortext) and you begin to open up your agna chakra, which is physical manifest as the pineal gland thus it's why it feels like you're entering the god-head, but really perception is no longer taking place from physical eyes. The lizard portion of your brain, literally only gets the job of breath.

Edited by Anton_Pierre

@The Don you would go into psychosis probably if you try to meditate all the time. 

Edited by Good-boy
Insight

YOU are never in the present moment, but present moments comes and goes in YOU

Edited by Jack River

@The Don thought is form.  The present moment is formlessness.  When you meditate you connect with Being - formlessness.  When your form collapses leaving only formlessness you become the present moment - frozen.   In other words the present moment freezes. 

So when you meditate and are present you are still form dancing with formlessness.  

When "IT" happens, that is a non-dual state.

So you can't be in a full non-dual state 24/7 or you would be dead permanently. (As the ego)

But you can develop a fullness of consciousness or non-dual awareness that blankets your Ego's consciousness if you have enough awakenings and become conscious of Oneness.

So meditation 24/7 can move you towards this but don't confuse that with being the present moment 24/7.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@The Don

How do you meditate all the time?

Do it. How else will you know?

Basic mindfulness is all you need. 

DO IT NOW.

8 hours ago, Good-boy said:

@The Don you would go into psychosis probably if you try to meditate all the time. 

So?

Good boy may turn into a good-psychotic-boy for a while, but the goodness of good boy remains intact ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

AKA The Enlightened State. Your brain will be as healthy as a walnut :)

Practice makes perfect

Just Be

B R E A T H E

let's assume that you wake up in the morning and the first thing you do in the morning after breakfast is your meditation session which takes 1.5 hour ( closed-eyed meditation ) then you get back to your everyday mundane life, if you become present enough majority of the time, your brain will soon start to synchronize and would produce brainwaves in a coherent fashion. this simple but hard practice will pave the way for the significant growth in your consciousness.

p.s : as I'm typing, I'm aware of my micro actions on the keyboard! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

15 hours ago, The Don said:

Hello guys.

I would like to try to meditate all the time; to be present all the time.

I would like to be in a meditative state even when I'm at work or anywhere really.

Have you ever thought about being present all the time and what can you do to achieve that?

And also, what would happen to our brain if we would mediate all the time?

Present moment?  You mean the one that is always happening.  The one that is happening even when your thinking your not in the present moment.  The one that is happening when you want or think you should be in a calmer, more aware, more alive present moment.  The present moment is never not happening.  Its always the present moment no?

The way I look at it is that the present moment is an object of experience appearing in or as consciousness. 

If you observe closely you see that with each present moment in time arises the apparent subject & object of experience, which is actually simply an object of experience. 

The present moment and objects of experience co-arise and come and go as an activity or movement of NOW 

NOW being MYSELF 

Edited by Jack River

When you know yourself as NOW, YOU are meditation 

Edited by Jack River