Actualizer777

How to self-actualize without isolating yourself?

7 posts in this topic

I have a problem right now. I am on my self-actualization journey for quite a while already. I am building up habit after habit. But I see one big problem! My new ways of thinking don't fit my surroundings.

I have a couple of friends but most of them just think about party and having fun. They are interested in success and money but not really in personal development. So even their hustle is mainly focused on superficial stuff. But still I like them and I love spending time with them.

The problem is that I want to change my routine and start waking up at 5am every morning and going to sleep every day around 9-10pm. This doesnt fit with their schedule at all and I can't spend a lot of time with them. Also, our views are completely different and we see the world from a different angle!

So what should I do? Spend less time with them? Find new friends? Get rid of them? Change myself? Adapt to them? I don't want to isolate myself. But when I spend too much time with them I feel like I become stupid and shallow. But again I don't want to have no friends.

Any advice? I am 22 years old btw.

I've had this problem too... maybe some on this forum would tell you that you don't need friends and should go meditate all day in a cave like the monks... for me, quality friends are a part of the journey... find them in different places, maybe: at yoga centers, at the health foods, at PD workshops, etc...

I spend less time with the drinkers that still have value and reasonable consciousness, I spend no time with the drinkers that dwell in emptiness, bullshit, chimp-mentality, etc...

Find new friends maybe? It's rather common to outgrow friends.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

The gateway to Interpersonal Development work is to get yourself an Intimate Relationship.  This means a boyfriend, girlfriend to most people.  That's the place to begin because that opens the entire door to relationship of all kinds and gives you a natural kind of relationship confidence more generally.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Fuck that mindset! 

if self-actualization comes with being in the cave, then the bats are the most self-actualized ones! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

I have this problem as well and I used to feel bad for just spending less and less time with the people who have a different lifestyle than me. But after watching Leo's last video it opened up a lot of possibilities for me to realize that I am imagining everything. And we are infinitely imagining ourself. So it makes it easier to surround yourself with those who are of higher consciousness when you reach this realization and elevate yourself. You won't feel bad anymore because everything is you.