Elham

Lucid dreaming

50 posts in this topic

@Elham Maybe is just the beginning. Keep at it!!!

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Meditate before and after sleep.

If you want to do a powerful but hard technique, wake up after the first round of deep sleep for about 15 minutes, go back to bed, lay on your back, don't turn and be still and you might be able to consciously enter a dream or psychedelic state (if you manage to focus some on staying away and not give in to sleep, which is hard). This method is called WILD (wake induced lucid dream). 

12 minutes ago, Elham said:

NO. It was like I was not deep in sleep... something between sleep and walking up! Is it how it supposed to be?? I want things to be more real!

That’s where I’m mostly at now. The conscious awareness appeared in what seemed like a mixture of sleep and wake. I think it’s easier to go lucid when in a hybrid sleep/wake state. Like I was sorta in a deep daydream, yet  not fully out. . . . Yet it’s not fullynsatisfying. Sometimes I’m like “does this even count? It seemed I was too awake”. I think one trick is not to pull myself out of a sleep state by focusing on the awake aspect. 

I’d like it to be more dreamlike and vivid.

I had one lucid dream in deeper sleep last week. Yet it was it was so real that I wasn’t able to fully engage. It was a dangerous situation with an approaching militia and I was afraid to go all super-hero and kick their butts with magic because if I was wrong and it was real, I’d be totally screwed.

Are you doing reality checks and dream journaling? I’ve found that helpful.

10 minutes ago, Elham said:

@abrakamowse I hope so... I am so excited about it

Are you writing a dream diary? I want to do that, I think it will send a message to the "unconscious mind" that I am interested in being lucid in my dreams

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

Are you writing a dream diary? I want to do that, I think it will send a message to the "unconscious mind" that I am interested in being lucid in my dreams

I’ve found it super helpful. Even if I can only remember fragments, or if it’s hazy. 

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

I’ve found it super helpful. Even if I can only remember fragments, or if it’s hazy. 

I've been doing reality checks but I don't know, I feel like dream journaling is going to be more helpful.

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

“does this even count? It seemed I was too awake”

I have the same feeling exactly... It's like I am imagining all and not dreaming ... I hope it gets more real.

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Are you doing reality checks and dream journaling? I’ve found that helpful.

I am doing both everyday. Really helpful!

@abrakamowse yes I do dream journal. I have a notebook and I wrote my dream each day after I wake up... a little hard to recall all with detail but I enjoy doing it very much... 

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I've been doing reality checks but I don't know, I feel like dream journaling is going to be more helpful.

I think the dream journaling has been super helpful for me to remember more dreams and to be more engaged.

For me, the reality check can be helpful once I’m consciously recalling dreams consistently. Yet during most dreams, I don’t realize I’m dreaming until I’m half awake and it feels too late. I can recall the deeper dream, yet it feels like I’m at a more surface level. 

I’ve only had reality checks appear six times and each time they were deep within the dream. Not while drifting out of the dream toward wake. Within the full dream itself. So I think they might be helpful deeper in the dream. However, only two of the six RC appearances worked, the other four failed.

23 minutes ago, Elham said:

@seeking_brilliance 

NO. It was like I was not deep in sleep... something between sleep and walking up! Is it how it supposed to be?? I want things to be more real!

Yes this is how it is supposed to be. Deep in sleep is usually dreamless anyway... But if it is not vivid enough there are supplements to help with that, and otherwise its just about building up dream consciousness and more experience with lucid dreaming. I know of a great book to help with all this:

https://www.amazon.com/Behind-Veil-Complete-Guide-Conscious/dp/1935150626/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=daniel+kelley&qid=1564600558&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Elham Which reality check are you using? The finger through palm RC has failed each time in my dreams. Yet, the pinching nose and blowing has worked twice.

3 minutes ago, Elham said:

@abrakamowse yes I do dream journal. I have a notebook and I wrote my dream each day after I wake up... a little hard to recall all with detail but I enjoy doing it very much... 

Cool... I have to begin again doing that.

@seeking_brilliance we had a discussion in another topic today about this xD

We can't buy books online! The discussion was is it morally ok to download it illegally?! xD 

1 minute ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes this is how it is supposed to be. Deep in sleep is usually dreamless anyway... But if it is not vivid enough there are supplements to help with that, and otherwise its just about building up dream consciousness and more experience with lucid dreaming. I know of a great book to help with all this:

That’s a good point, I hadn’t thought of it like that. Yet, there is also a sense that is not “deep in dream”. Like I am kinda just thinking it. 

Thanks for the book tip. I’d like a practical “how to” guide. 

What supplements help to increase vividness?

@Serotoninluv I actually wanted to talk about it!

My reality check is to look around carefully for something odd, Look out the window, listening to the sounds, remembering where did I get where I am, looking at my hand... the last time I entered lucid dreaming was like this:  I was looking for almonds under a table and I did reality check that how I get here? Why am I looking for almonds? xD then it was ONNNN

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Like I am kinda just thinking it. 

EXACTLY

6 minutes ago, Elham said:

@Serotoninluv I actually wanted to talk about it!

My reality check is to look around carefully for something odd, Look out the window, listening to the sounds, remembering where did I get where I am, looking at my hand... the last time I entered lucid dreaming was like this:  I was looking for almonds under a table and I did reality check that how I get here? Why am I looking for almonds? xD then it was ONNNN

Oooh, I haven’t heard of that one. How do you do that check during the day? 

The first time an rc worked deep within a dream, I got so excited I woke up. ?

@Serotoninluv I do it when I am awake to make a habit for when I am dreaming!

I just consciously check around to see if everything is normal!