Justincredible76

Newbie considering 5meo

16 posts in this topic

With leos new video on reality, the thought of accessing these higher states of consciousness really grabs me. Im a newbie to psychedelics, only have taken 3 tabs of LSD on different occasions. Ive been researching the subject of enlightenment for maybe one and a half years, and the idea of infinite consciousness for a bit less than that. I intend to spend the rest of my life on this work, figuring out as many complications as i can.

Anyway, i hear all of the amazing experiences people have of infinite consciousness and infinite imagination, so they make me wonder: exactly what is essentially guaranteed to go wrong if i tried to take 5meo? You could probably say im a newbie in this work and im definitely a newbie relating to psychedelics. Assuming i don't have fake drugs, what are the imminent dangers of testing the waters with the stuff by micro-dosing?

Edited by Justincredible76
Cut out unimportant text

@Justincredible76 Half assing is pointless. You'll want to go all the way to infinity. Or else whats the point?

In fact, "bordlerline" breakthroughs are incredibly hellish. Infinity (and beyond) on the otherhand... Is complete bliss.

Also, this is not a newbie thing. I've been doing phycadelics on and off for almost 17 years. And only this year I did MEO. Read the entire MEGA thread for starters. Also look up Martin Ball. Get way wayyy more trips under your belt. High dose mushrooms, high dose ACID. You need to do a LOT of research before you do this stuff. And I agree with Leo, you should be at least 21. 

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

@nowimhere ok as i expected i need more research before doing it and more experience. But hypothetically, what would happen to me most likely if i were to just take a normal dose of MEO. Would my brain just shit itself? Would i go crazy? Definitely not going to do it yet, didnt quite plan on it in the first place, but I'm still wondering what would happen to me. 

15 minutes ago, nowimhere said:

And I agree with Leo, you should be at least 21.

I'd actually recommend 25 since the brain is done growing around then. But nobody is going to wait that long.

@Justincredible76 You'll want a lot of experience with psychedelics. You might come out ok or you might come out with a psychotic breakdown and end up in the hospital. Even on substances like LSD and Shrooms I've seen friends scream they are dead, experience being cut up in a bucket, smash their head into a wall thinking the music is a god talking to you, anxiety attacks and so on.  

Don't take these drugs lightly. A lot can go wrong if you over-estimate what you can handle. Work your way up. I know you are excited and want to reach these amazing states but the harder you push the harder the ego-mind will push back and if you can't hold your end of the tug-o-war it'll not be fun. 5-MeO is a whole other realm than something like LSD or Shrooms. Even NN-DMT blew those out of the park.

My first psychodelic was 5-meo-dmt, high dose, vaping, I am 29.

I would suggest to play more with LSD/mushrooms, get more theoretical knowledge via Leo and books, and then if you are at least 25 try 5-meo-dmt.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Justincredible76 I post a few words some time ago here: 

I think I got more value from having LSD trips afterward. Since I could map the experience to the environment around me.

I was just "hit by a truck" by vaping 5-meo. I think I would get more value if I plug it.

But anyway, I am grateful for the experience.

Edited by dimitri
remove 's'

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I took 5-MeO-DMT 2 years ago after about 30 acid trips and using up 1 gram of 2-CB within a few months.

I must have had 20 or so 5-MeO-DMT trips. I don't think I really got anything out of it. I don't think I was ready and might not be ready yet. Still going to try to get some more.

@Justincredible76 If you haven't experienced an ego death breakthrough yet then I wouldn't consider 5meo, you are no where near that ballpark. You just run the risk of overwhelming your psyche if your're not ready, and coming out of the experience completely traumatized. 

Edited by nightrider1435

Haha go for it. Everything else is pointless in comparison. A full ego-death is the end and beginning. 

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Haha go for it. Everything else is pointless in comparison. A full ego-death is the end and beginning. 

@Conrad You know nothing about this person, telling someone to just go for it can be very dangerous advice.

1 hour ago, nightrider1435 said:

@Conrad You know nothing about this person, telling someone to just go for it can be very dangerous advice.

Danger is an illusion. Only the ego is in danger and reacts like a little puppet.

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Danger is an illusion. Only the ego is in danger and reacts like a little puppet.

Just no. Nonononononononononononononono. Bad kitty. Bad advice. I spank you.

There is no reason to drive a Bugatti Veyron as your first car. Yes sure some might be gifted and be able to learn fast. But most are going to crash into a tree on the first curve.

Take it slowly, it is not like you are going to die tomorrow and only have one day to get enlightened by brute force. VW Golf -> BMW -> Audi S4 -> Audi RS6 -> GT-R -> Koenigsegg -> Bugatti 

2 minutes ago, Psychonaut said:

Just no. Nonononononononononononononono. Bad kitty. Bad advice. I spank you.

There is no reason to drive a Bugatti Veyron as your first car. Yes sure some might be gifted and be able to learn fast. But most are going to crash into a tree on the first curve.

Take it slowly, it is not like you are going to die tomorrow and only have one day to get enlightened by brute force. VW Golf -> BMW -> Audi S4 -> Audi RS6 -> GT-R -> Koenigsegg -> Bugatti 

It's worth a shoot. But he can do whatever he wishes. If I had 5meo I swear I would take 30mg instantly. 

Here is another analogy for you.

Ever seen a Bugatti pull a trailer? 

Gotta first pull your trailer with your VW and drop some of your baggage on the side of the road.

If you just attach the regular trailer everyone has with junk to a Buggatti that is a bad idea.

Once you step on the gaspedal you will rip the trailer coupling. Yes sure it might work if you caress the gaspedal. However the Bugatti is made to go fast. 

Why care about the trailer? You might not care about it anymore. But it has quite a load on it and it will hit people on the road. You are just being an asshole. Empty the trailer a bit and then you might even be able to take a few people for a ride in your 2 seater Buggatti that is pulling a trailer. This analogy is just so ridiculous, but I love it.

5 hours ago, Conrad said:

Your view of the absolute seems to have clouded your view of the relative. Don't conflate the two. 

Keep your mind ever on the stars but your eyes to your feet.