Bryanbrax

Anime

32 posts in this topic

I think of anime as art or as creation. 

A lot of animes are amazing and are enough to make you cry your eyes out and they explore lots of topics.

Something like Aku No hana is really different and explores high school pressures in Japan. Some dark and morbid stuff.

Welcome to the NHK explores the psychology of being a social shut in known as a "hikikomori" and somebody tries to cure him with what is described as a "mix of Freud, Jung, and exposure-like excursions into the outside world"

School Days delves into the psychology of cheating and how much it can break someone.

There's a wide range of animes from showing how high schoolers behave, social and psychological struggles and how they are overcame. Its easy to get lost in the story but if you pay attention and look into what is going on it can be used for some serious growth. The only western shows I see get close to highlighting serious issues are things like Avatar The Last Airbender which is great.

4 hours ago, Chrissy j said:

FMAB talks about enlightenment 

I'm on the third season. It's indeed amazing.

unborn Truth

I've heard good reviews of FMAB but never started it for some reason. I think I'm gonna start watching it.

My favourite one is Death Note. It raises some great questions about morality.

@nistake  Same with Fullmetal alchemist... I always stay on the mainstream anime like Naruto, Death Note, Attack on Titan... but they are mainstream for a reason xD Maybe I should try out the less popular ones!

@nistake   These look amazing, you really read me well hahahaha

I was kind of scrolling the list and reading all the text, while being amazed by each of them... And then I realized, that when you are asking yourself deep questions and are looking for serious answers, you see depth in literally everything. For example Mirai Nikki is an anime that you can watch for 2 reasons: 1) You have a crush on Yuno or 2) You see all the different survival strategies and how they interact and how incredibly complex and profound it is....

On a second thought, there is no profundity in Goblin Slayer 

FMAB discusses topic of ego very deep, what do you think these series conclude, what is the cause of ego and what is the way to defeat it?

Pride's death showed that ego started as a helpless newborn baby calling mama

father's death showed that ego started as cocky playful thing that wanted to get out from its shell, eventually it wanted to become perfect being (not sure what that means existentially) and to know truth, to explore world, and to be god

Greed's death showed that ego started as a lack of close ppl around it

Envy - ego wanted to fit, to have good qualities of human beings

Personally, i think pride's death is the best shot. This is why - Before birth baby is in bliss, in samadhi lol, without any problems and pain, but once born its in pain, cold, hot, light, loud noises, etc. So person caries this trauma throughout his life and then first years only adds up to that with parental and societal tiranny, plus physical pain that children often got, so this kind of pattern of helpless baby becomes its personality and runs the body, it then transforms into all sort of adult's egoic actions and ideas, pitifully few can overgrow that, but when you try to awaken and see ego's resistance, you can notice - ego shows a mask/persona of infantile, self-pity, confused, pretending 'innocent', wary, waiting for something, indecisive child who is like 'mummy can u give me awakening, i cant do that on my own, i am just innocent baby!'. And this is mask, a self-image that kind of a defensive mechanism, coz who would kill an innocent baby? Of course it stops u from awakening coz u become justifying and indulging and pity for this baby, instead of remorsely killing it. look how tricky it is! Pretending to be innocent, unconscious survival force that perpetuates since birth day!

ALso, in NAruto shippuden. In the final battle, when they kill kaguya and zetsu, you can see the same picture - zetsu becomes a little baby crying to his mama kaguya, and saying to naruto - ur ninja world is just part of my imagination (or something like that), then naruto says even if it is so, my friends and ppl of my village fought through pain and died for each other, while all you do is crying to your mama.

Then same in Evangelion, crying pitiful infantile, and same in The town without yourself.

Then in Ghibli's animes - Grave of fireflies - boy who doesn't fully transform infantilism during war and this leads to death of him and his sister, and all Miyazaki's animes often has that theme but with often successful endings

Maybe this means that ego is just a baby that must be killed. While Hollywood factory today often likes to show infantile and naive and child-loving films in which it is good to be smiling innocent baby who likes his mummy and wants to play and have fun and who doesn't do anything bad. Devils deception datebayo!

Holy shit! This thread is going to make me start watching anime, never knew they could be so deep.

The thing I loved about anime is how they exaggerate everything to portray emotions and details about life, you just can't do that in movies. I thought Ghost in a Shell is as deep as it gets though and never researched in depth about anime because of course it looks like more of a distraction.

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard