Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ivankiss

A cure for insecurity, uncertainty and indecisiveness

6 posts in this topic

So often we find ourselves at the crossroads of life, unsure of which turn to take. How to make that next step. Where to shine our light.

Seeing the vast ocean of endless possibilities can be overwhelming at times; instead of liberating. If you happen to feel this way, I want to let you know; it's fine. You're not alone.

It's only natural. All big picture thinkers go through this phase.

The ocean can make you feel like a tiniest little dot; drifting at the mercy of winds. That is why you must learn how to navigate yourself through. How to read your inner compass. 

You are the captain of this ship. You are the one who decides where it goes. Choose the most exciting direction. 

That's right; excitement is the heart of your navigation system. It let's you know where your next biggest adventure is. Your highest joy and bliss. Your greatest opportunity for growth and expansion. 

It just so happened that I felt excited about creating this thread. I followed that nudge and now my eyes are already smiling. 

I was facing indecisiveness and uncertainty many times throughout this journey. It is not a pleasant spot to be in. No one likes that sense of being stuck. Precisely because things are meant to flow. Naturally and effortlessly. 

Yet no matter how much I'd try to hide and deny it; somewhere deep inside I was feeling unworthy. And that sense of unworthiness was responsible for my insecurity. It was the reason why I could not stand my own ground and be confident and certain about my decisions.

I did not know myself truly. I did not recognize my own value. 

One could argue bad parenting is the main reason behind it all; but I'm not here to play the blaming game. Pointing fingers will not help one heal their wounds. Instead; one must find a way to recognize their own light. To show the love to themselves that they were not shown to by their parents or others. And that can be a process. But it is the biggest gift one can give to themselves. 

It is worth it. You are worth it.

No matter how many times you were led to feel otherwise. No matter how many times you were not heard, seen or understood. No matter how many overlooked your spark. Your gift. Your light. No matter how insignificant you were made to feel. You are absolutely worthy of it all. Of everything you feel your heart is pulling you towards. You are worthy of creating your own paradise. Your own piece of the divine. Your dream life. Your kingdom. Only you can declare your own worth. Only you can recognize your own value. Only you can acknowledge the beauty of your gifts that are meant to be shared with the whole universe.

Do it for yourself. Do it for your past, do it for your future. Do it for us all. Do it now.

Be certain. 

May your fire burn unlike ever before. No one will dare to dim your light again, I promise. 

You will simply notice no shadow. 

You will be too busy admiring the perfection of your every step. The beauty of your every move. The art you create by simply daring to be who and what you are; doing what you're best at. Following your heart.

You will shift from feeling unworthy to being priceless. 

So that the next time you find yourself at one of those crossroads; you will dare to choose the path that feels the most exciting; knowing you are worthy of making your own choice.

Worthy of choosing your own path. Your own life.

You are the cure.

16 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

next time you find yourself at one of those crossroads; you will dare to choose the path that feels the most exciting; knowing you are worthy of making your own choice

Sometimes the most exciting path with be disguised as the most threatening, psychologically. It will be what makes us want to turn around and run, or come up with any excuse in the world why we aren't ready. Don't fall for your own tricks, and if you do, well, learn from it this time, embrace fear, it's only energy, total excitement in disguise. 

Edited by DrewNows

Beautiful as always. Lots of similarities between this post and my insights/experience gained through AA.

@DrewNows True words.

Though instead of "threatening"; I would use the word "challenging". And that's good. It's an invitation for growth. 

Fear is a part of the navigation system as well. We only need to understand how to use it instead of respond to it with more fear. It's here to help.

@Bill W Thanks! 

Do share some about your AA experience if you feel like it. I'm curious. 

This is a damn beautiful post if I've ever seen one, really touched me deeply, thank you <3