Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyjohnsonman

Addressing Leo's recent video on higher states of consciousness.

31 posts in this topic

In Leo’s most recent video he talks about how consciousness is just differences, he then says its possible to “raise” your consciousness by 1 million times more than normal human consciousness in order to see facets of reality that can’t normally be seen and get a clearer understanding of what reality actually is. In meditation or taking psychedelics you can “raise” your consciousness to have a deeper understanding of reality. 

But if consciousness is just differences how can we be sure that these “higher” levels of consciousness have a deeper understanding than normal everyday survival consciousness where you think reality is material? 

Surely you have to come from a certain paradigm to believe that what you are at these “higher” states is more real than your base state. How about it’s just a difference, non of these states being more real or closer to the truth than the other and therefore we truly don’t know what reality is. 

Great video as always by the way.

The more conscious you are, the clearer and deeper you know what you are.

You can become totally omniscient. This state makes all human knowledge look like a cartoon joke.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I've just watched a video. All is imaginary makes sense to me if human beings have no individual experiences of being them, otherwise, it doesn't because why would our imaginary world be so coherent from one individual to the next? There have to be at least "something", not necessarily a physical reality but maybe some quantum wave waiting to be rendered by us. Also, isn't it what you discovered that all of reality is just a mental construct? Even from the neuroscience point of view that would make sense. Again you may say you are imagining ALL OF THAT, if there is no experience of being Leo - then only my imagination exists, that makes sense

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment You're not appreciating how deep imagination goes. It is literally infinite and it is God. You think an infinite mind cannot simultaneously imagine a trillion lives and sync them all up to each other? Programmers easily do that for millions of people in modern online videos games using piddly finite silicon computers.

Quantum waves are something you imagine.

The ONLY way a thing can exist is if it is held in your consciousness.

Not just a mental construct but Infinite Consciousness.

You're not understanding just how radical INFINITE is! It has infinite power and zero limits.

Hi Leo

Does this all mean that the past and the future are not real? Before yesterday's video I thought everything was "information", and as such, past and future events are eternally stored somewhere.

@Leo Gura

This is the most profound video and explanation I've ever heard in my entire life. It makes so much sense, when I think about my childhood and how I appeared in reality. You are so special, Leo:). Thank you for your findings. When I was watching your video now, I felt like it “opens the door” and shift my perspective. I paused and closed my eyes, starting to imagine things as I would be Consciousness.

Do you think the death of the “hero” (which is me, in this so-called imaginary reality) is a similar state of the consciousness when I fall asleep? Every day I go to bed and fall asleep. But the peculiar thing is that I am not conscious of that shift. Sometimes, very rarely, before I fall asleep, I have a sensation like I am falling from the cliff down, other times I hear the nonsense talk in my mind, like meaningless words or sentences. And then I go absolutely unconscious till wake up in the morning and starting to remember me, as Galyna, again, with all my life story. I truly want to understand how this so-called imagination with the name Galyna, will cease to exist, and consciousness starts imagining you, for example. How will this shift happen? Is it going to be the same as going to sleep? I fall asleep as Galyna and wake up as a baby Leo? Do you think it is the way consciousness shifts between various imaginations? Also, I feel pain grasping this, because I think of it within the linear time frame, for instance, consciousness started to imagine Mark-Bella-Galyna-Leo.

Is there any plausible explanation so I can imagine this better?  

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

2 hours ago, Mafortu said:

Hi Leo

Does this all mean that the past and the future are not real?

They are as real anything else, since imagination IS reality.

Before yesterday's video I thought everything was "information", and as such, past and future events are eternally stored somewhere.

Where is imaginary. Everywhere is nowhen.

Reality is: nowhere, nowhen, nohow, nothing, noone.

2 hours ago, Galyna said:

@Leo Gura

Do you think the death of the “hero” (which is me, in this so-called imaginary reality) is a similar state of the consciousness when I fall asleep? Every day I go to bed and fall asleep. But the peculiar thing is that I am not conscious of that shift. Sometimes, very rarely, before I fall asleep, I have a sensation like I am falling from the cliff down, other times I hear the nonsense talk in my mind, like meaningless words or sentences. And then I go absolutely unconscious till wake up in the morning and starting to remember me, as Galyna, again, with all my life story. I truly want to understand how this so-called imagination with the name Galyna, will cease to exist, and consciousness starts imagining you, for example. How will this shift happen? Is it going to be the same as going to sleep? I fall asleep as Galyna and wake up as a baby Leo? Do you think it is the way consciousness shifts between various imaginations? Also, I feel pain grasping this, because I think of it within the linear time frame, for instance, consciousness started to imagine Mark-Bella-Galyna-Leo.

Is there any plausible explanation so I can imagine this better?  

It's not really possible to explain. You need to experience nondual consciousness. Then things will clear up.

I recommend trying a psychedelic which will help you to understand this stuff.

It's more radical and twisted than you presently imagine.

Sleep is not consciousness. Awakening is the opposite of sleep.

@Leo Gura

I am seriously thinking about it. Wish it would be that easy and I can get your 5 MEO in the drug store. I do not have people in my environment who can give this stuff to me. 

Thank you for the video. Lots of hugs to you.  

@Galyna Just even 1 gram of mushrooms or half a tab of LSD would be enough to help you understand.

Start small. You don't need 5-MeO at this point.

@Galyna Consider, you don’t actually sleep. It’s not something you could actually do. “Sleep”, could be made up, a belief. Believing you do, certainly plays a role in believing you are a person in a world. Compare your direct experience of sleep, with your direct experience of someone else sleeping. Notice they are nothing at all alike. You’re level of playing around might by infinite, while your level of actually sleeping might be 0. It’d be mindbendingly humorous to find you’ve been pulling off such an illusion, this entire “time”. New meaning (or no meaning) would arise for such notions as “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one”. New humors, too. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

I know what you mean. I always thought that anesthesia and sleep is the coolest thing ever. I understand that when I sleep there might not be the actual sleeping body. But that is exciting how sleep pops "you" in/out of this imaginary reality every night. I feel like sleep is a good example to grasp the mechanism by which this perpetual illusion works. 

@Leo Gura thank you :) 

Edited by Galyna
mistake

14 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

In Leo’s most recent video he talks about how consciousness is just differences, he then says its possible to “raise” your consciousness by 1 million times more than normal human consciousness in order to see facets of reality that can’t normally be seen and get a clearer understanding of what reality actually is. In meditation or taking psychedelics you can “raise” your consciousness to have a deeper understanding of reality. 

But if consciousness is just differences how can we be sure that these “higher” levels of consciousness have a deeper understanding than normal everyday survival consciousness where you think reality is material? 

Surely you have to come from a certain paradigm to believe that what you are at these “higher” states is more real than your base state. How about it’s just a difference, non of these states being more real or closer to the truth than the other and therefore we truly don’t know what reality is. 

Great video as always by the way.

Your paradigm from your current perspective is entirely backwards relative to the perspective / paradigm you’re asking about. Not in any you’re-at-fault-for-it way, not in the slightest bit.  But it is, entirely backwards nonetheless. 

From the perspective you expressed here, you are a thing with consciousness, a thing which is questioning the notion it can experience “higher consciousness”. But you are not a thing. You are the Entire Consciousness, appearing limited to itself, an implication there is a “thing”, and believing you are that “thing” which is implicated. 

A “thing” does not have a property of consciousness. There is only consciousness. So there is no “your consciousness” which gets expanded, though that is an entirely accurate description of experience. Rather than an experience of expansion of a thing, consider there is experience of Consciousness unveiling to Itself, that it was never the “thing” it believed itself to be. No actual expansion occurs, only the deterioration of the belief you were ever a limited thing. 

@Nahm Very nice written, thank you :) 

@Galyna I recently worked with a lady with a very deep, yet very subtle calling to the direct experience of the mystical...of Consciousness. She felt very strongly she needed to ‘get conscious’ of some regular life stuff prior to undertaking a deeper venture into Consciousness. She said she kept doing things (didn’t ask) which she doesn’t actually want to do, but habitually keeps doing. She “needed to get on top of that stuff”, and was perpetually frustrated that she wasn’t making progress. She expressed she was in a bit of a pickle of...more knowing of consciousness would help the habits, and, I need to square away the habits to have the deeper consciousness experience. I don’t know why, but I suggested when she noticed such a situation, to just intensely repeat “be conscious right now” over and over and over. To, in a sense, use the very same consciousness which is ‘calling her’, in a distinct direct immediate right now actionable manor to address the habit(s). Anyways, it “worked” to the tune she had a mystical experience while repeating the phrase. Go figure right. Weird. 

The truth of infinity is: reality appears to go on forever, but actually it doesn’t.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

19 hours ago, Nahm said:

Your paradigm from your current perspective is entirely backwards relative to the perspective / paradigm you’re asking about. Not in any you’re-at-fault-for-it way, not in the slightest bit.  But it is, entirely backwards nonetheless. 

From the perspective you expressed here, you are a thing with consciousness, a thing which is questioning the notion it can experience “higher consciousness”. But you are not a thing. You are the Entire Consciousness, appearing limited to itself, an implication there is a “thing”, and believing you are that “thing” which is implicated. 

A “thing” does not have a property of consciousness. There is only consciousness. So there is no “your consciousness” which gets expanded, though that is an entirely accurate description of experience. Rather than an experience of expansion of a thing, consider there is experience of Consciousness unveiling to Itself, that it was never the “thing” it believed itself to be. No actual expansion occurs, only the deterioration of the belief you were ever a limited thing. 

Ok i get what you are saying. So i will reword my question then. If consciousness is prior to the material world and therefore consciousness gets expanded (rather than my own individual consciousness), how can i trust that these "higher consciousness" states give me a clearer understanding of what reality actually is. If consciousness is just differences that are just happening then surely whatever is, is? Wouldn't this mean then that my normal state is just as true as the "higher conscious" states? 

I am trying to be as open minded as possible and remain neutral to all possibilities. I feel like without direct experience of the absolute (if that is a thing) this is the least dogmatic way to think. 

18 hours ago, How to be wise said:

The truth of infinity is: reality appears to go on forever, but actually it doesn’t.

It is infinite yet forever expansive. ?

Spill your beans "Alex" tell them everything like they do not know it. Joke joke joke. 

You do not need mushrooms 5 meo dmt basic meditation on breath will kill "You". Depends on your intention really. Choose Truth Choose Love. 

@andyjohnsonman

Consciousness isn’t prior to anything because all there is, is consciousness. There is no material world. There is a thought, “material world”. That thought, is itself, consciousness. Consciousness can not expand, as it is not limited, and there is no second ‘space’ which it could expand into. 

You do not have an individual consciousness. The brain does not produce thoughts. The body does not produce awareness. Consciousness forgets, fools, dream, imagines itself, to be other than as it is...aka “experience”. 

Trust, is a thought, about there being a second thing or entity. There isn’t. Trust, is a thought. Linguistically, experientially, trust is logical and helpful, but ultimately speaking, it is not logical, nor helpful. If there is anything you are inclined to trust for, you have already reduced yourself with an idea that you are not already enough, regardless of apparent circumstances or apparent shortcomings. 

There are not, most literally speaking, “higher consciousness states”. This is only in communication, in language. Consciousness does not change, it appears to. The unseen, unchanging, awareness of all that changes is consciousness, and the actuality of all that appears to change, is that it too is the very same consciousness. There is not a separate, individual, “you” which experiences altered states. “Altered”, “higher”, these are linguistic, relative terms and ideas. Were it not for the the true self, you, unchanging - apparent change could not be experience. But, there is experience. 

A “clearer understanding of reality”, is literally, actually, recognizing yourself. The apparent means, avenues, forms, versions of this (whatever word you prefer)... is recognition, knowing of, yourself. The experience, while “forgetting” yourself, is interpreted as, understanding. 

Direct experience reveals no experience. You, but no experience. Then indirect experience, right? It’s the exact same, but in not recognizing, in forgetting, the appearance of you, is mentally mistaken as not you, and so seems, indirect. 

To pick a focal point which I think could be the fulcrum of the perspective of your questions, the deconstruction of it being in the contemplation of it...

Consciousness does not create a second being. It becomes a ball of light. There is nothing in this ball, it is consciousness. You could say, “at the center of this ball” is “pure consciousness”, Nothingness / Awareness (actually the exact very same consciousness). From “inside the ball”, nothingness does not recognize itself, as being the light, which is appearing as -other-than-nothingness. The experience, is, consciousness fools itself into forgetting itself, not realizing it is still nothingness, distinguishing, making distinctions, projecting them onto the light. 

To not be aware of self, self must assume there is more appearance, more “world happening” on the other side of a wall, which is itself only an appearance. In truth, you never moved, you have never done anything. You make it look like you are, and believe it. Nothing is happening.

The only thing you can not actually do, is not be you

Every detail and facet which makes it appear you are a person, can not be “trusted”, with one exception. 

Sensations. The sensations are in accordance with, always relaying the truth - that you are not a person.

It’d be helpful, now that I think about it, to refer to them as Sensational Guidance. That is truly what they are.