LoveandPurpose

scared of spirituality - can you not be ready for it?

18 posts in this topic

Since having had a bad experience with weed I have a big fear of losing my mind/going insane. During that trip I kind of lost touch with reality, everything seemed unreal to me. I felt that I lost control. That was also in a point at my life where I was really deep into thinking about existential questions and spirituality so I connected that bad experience to both of those (bad feelings from the trip + existential q. and spirituality -> spirituality and existential q. = bad).

Spirituality also seems to evoke those feelings from the trip like feeling that you're losing your mind, losing your grip on reality.

So spirituality feels like something scary to me when it goes too deep. 

On top of that, when I read things like the following from @Leo Gura, I get really scared of reality and I fear that something bad can happen to me.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There are hell realms beyond merely suffering or being unconscious in this physical realm.

I mean literal hell realms with devils and fire and horror. The stuff of horror movies. You can dream it up. What do you think a horror movie is? Some twisted mind had to dream that shit up.

Imagine being stuck in a horror movie.

Reality just seems sometimes so full of uncertainty, mystery, crazy stuff, danger that I don't really want to know what's really going on. Well, on the one hand I want to know it but on the other hand I don't know if I can handle anything if it is too bad. 

So what should I do? Is spirituality too much to handle for some people? Or should I just face all of those fears and make them fully conscious, go through it because on the other side is the land of bliss?

@LoveandPurpose Don't smoke any more weed. It really activates lizard brain/ low-self.

Establish daily meditation routine and practice mindfulness.

You'll realize soon enough those fears are just mind trickery and not rooted in reality.

@Anton_Pierre Oh man I really hope everything will be better for you soon!

I don't know if it helps but David Hawkins said in a video about hell that you create what you focus on and if you want to change your reality you should envision the one you want to create.

If you need support, try talk to people who care about you or talk to us on the forum! 

@Natasha Yeah I haven't smoked it since.

I do that and will continue doing it. 

10 minutes ago, Natasha said:

You'll realize soon enough those fears are just mind trickery and not rooted in reality.

This calmed me down, thank you!

@LoveandPurpose Yes, you could not be ready for going that deep yet. In which case focus on basic self-help.

Then again, when will you ever be ready? No one is ever ready for the Truth. It skull-fucks you either way. Because reality is a grand thing. It ain't no small thing to create the entire universe from scratch.

The funny thing is, all fear is illusion. Fear is literally nothing! Since you are immortal.

You are like the groundhog who saw his own shadow and ran away in fear. After you awaken you will laugh and laugh at how silly you were.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, you could not be ready for going that deep yet. In which case focus on basic self-help.

So basic self-help will make me capable of pursuing spirituality again? I feel like spirituality will be the only thing really fulfilling me, so I don't want to abandon it. Yet I don't want to make a mistake.

After self-help, how do I know that I am (more) ready for the Truth so I can focus again on spirituality? 

9 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

So basic self-help will make me capable of pursuing spirituality again? I feel like spirituality will be the only thing really fulfilling me, so I don't want to abandon it. Yet I don't want to make a mistake.

After self-help, how do I know that I am (more) ready for the Truth so I can focus again on spirituality? 

Go watch the 5 minute video in that thread. It answers your question.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@LoveandPurpose  After you awaken you will laugh and laugh at how silly you were.

Yes. The first time into infinity I laugh really hard (every muscle in my body was hurting basically) and then I went back to infinity and then came back and was stupefact and went back to infinity and when I came to the body then I was super gracious holding my hands together. I will never forget that. I don't remember the infinity but I completely remember what the body did when I came back to it. 

8 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

There is no formula for it. You push as hard as you can until you can't go further.

It's sort of like you're asking: How do I know how many miles I can run before I am too tired to run any more?

Go do it and see where your limit is. Then train some more and your limit will rise.

There are many aspects of your life you could work on developing if you don't feel ready for the Fully Monty yet. Go work on your career/life purpose or your relationships or your diet or your self-esteem. All of that is good stuff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I have made a clear guide for people who want to pursue enlightenment in the safest way, my intelligence is only growing more and more. I have literally solved the issue for people in education who take phycedelic drugs. Please anyone listening don't take weed or lsd. There's much, much safer methods. I literally was at crackhead levels of lizard brain, just to understand why these people act the way they do. I am soon to finish my last assignment and move onto my future in the media industry, combining my love for fitness and spirituality. Reps for Jesus ??

Edited by Anton_Pierre

You certainly going to have a hell of a nigthmares like the one describes from Leo during hardcore practices. 

Baby steps. Drugs force you to take whatever you are given. They are much more powerful. It's a sacrifice. 

Stick to the traditional stuff if you can't handle it yet. 

Being stuck in hell forever is just a thought that makes hell a true hell. Because if you know that it will pass, you will already be in heaven. You see how this works? There can be no hell without you imagining its eternity.

Meditation is the way. Meditation is the way.