Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sauvik

How to get hold of a direction in my career?

2 posts in this topic

I had been an average student in school , i used to be allways interested in science in school and scored good marks in it, whatever the reason had been i never studied hard in school and got a very worse engineering college.Where i didnt like the studies as it was basically how much you can cram to pass your exams , so i had not studied at all in college and I  decided to leave my college degree after 4 years , interestingly i never at that time felt that much need for a degree, maybe it was because i had a very sheltered Life and had very less touch with reality , I dream about becoming an entrepreneur start something of my own although never did till now properly, i am now 26 i have job experience in sales of 6 months in a spiritual resort and now i am currently working in field sales in a company( its a good company) ,

I love sales although Right now I am finding the job quite tiring, i am ready to Do hard work , but struggling to have a compelling vision for my career in future to get motivated .

I allways was passionate and ambitious about my career and i still am but I hardly understood the value of working hard and discipline in school and college. Since when i have found personal development meditation i have worked a lot  to change my dysfunctional mentality, Adhd which i had ( i have meditated almost every day for 2 years and took 2retreats)  In about 2.5 years of personal development i have become a lot more confident outspoken and grounded than i was when i started , 

I want to now work and really get career part of my life somewhere  as its been forever that i have seen a drastic  change in this area of my Life. Which is highly required, I am currently struggling financially and have debts.

I would deeply appreciate any suggestions or advice, Also i am on look out for some great books i can read on building a career , would love to take suggestions from people in this forum about it .

Edited by Sauvik

Hey Bro;

I suggest reading the book So good they can't ignore you.

Good luck on your journey.