youngshinzen

How can I cure PTSD?

26 posts in this topic

@youngshinzen sorry should have read closer to the post, it was mildly flippant (apologies) in hindsight, perhaps not - therapy is for sure the first line of treatment. I personally have found tremendous value in it and find it's far too stigmatised. I'm a big advocate for loving kindness meditation as it can often expose one's insecurities that lead them to suppress their pain and can cultivate more positive emotion and emotional expression, as well as being scientifically proven to help decrease PTSD and schizophrenia spectrum disorders, so hopefully you find use there.

I've never suffered what you've described however I have experience OCD before which was absolutely devastating, and I think a lack of compassion for oneself can hold us back immensely in our journey to recovery and personal growth, such an issue is not to be underestimated. Compassion for myself was absolutely critical for me in such a path. I hope it helps you like it did me.

Random suggestion also: Bioenergetics looks promising for bringing out suppressed emotions, maybe look there as well? 

All the best 

@youngshinzen I had many PTSD symptoms a few months ago, and after trying various techniques, here is what I found personally:

1) Meditation made it worse, especially because the emotions I was experiencing were about my existential nature. 

2) Yoga healed me 95%. That and other grounding techniques like basic personal development habits of living a grounded life. '

3) I recently returned to meditation after being mostly healed, and finding it beneficial now. 

Posted (edited)

@youngshinzen if you have PTSD it is very likely you experienced a major trauma in childhood, but you supressed the event so mutch that you dont even remember it. Try to track your thoughts and emotions and remember if there was something. Then you can work on healing it. In my case i had an abuse trauma, mixed with horror movies and overall bad media, everyrhing uncounciously. Gl, and hope this helps.

Edited by Wekz

Posted (edited)

@youngshinzen by bringing awarness to when i felt helpless and down, i asked myselve where does this feeling come from, and tried to remember experiences from my childhood, and then it just popped up one day in my memmorie.

Edited by Wekz