Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

If your beliefs and ideas can shape your trip, nonduality can too.

10 posts in this topic

What if samadhi and nondual experiences happen in trips because we had the idea?

@Leo Gura did you expecience God in a trip without thinking about/beleiving in it before? Like, is it universal to have these experiences for example on 5-meo?

Edited by Pouya

@Pouya

Very good question. The mind sees what it wants to see and interpret.

But the opposite scenario is also tricky. Its not like if one is tripping without any knowledge of nonduality, their minds are totally empty or pure.

There is always a shit ton of stuff there and thus whatever is inside comes out.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom So not only they can shut down the mind but they can also bring the inside out. Then before even considering any psychedelic I better work out my own demons and have a solid foundation.

Maybe it's nice that it's not easily available to anyone. People can fuck up their minds.

Btw nice quote :D

Edited by Pouya

Nonduality/God is not a confirmation bias or a mental projection.

Psychedelic effects are very consistent as the science shows.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I can only speak for myself, but I was an atheist and a materialist all my life. I saw Leo's video on enlightenment and wasn't convinced, but tried to be open-minded. At the time I knew nothing about non-duality conceptually.

During meditation I had a glimpse of nothingness, but didn't think too much of it, I was skeptical. Decided to try magic mushrooms with an open mind, all I asked for was the truth. I literally asked for the truth out loud, that was my intention.

What happened during that trip I could never have predicted. I heard myself say many times "this is impossible!". According to what I believed it was impossible. Nevertheless it was happening. It changed my view of reality upside down.

So, I understand your point, it's a good one, but no, that's not what's going on :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

I have solipsism stuck in my head, took mushrooms and they showed me solipsism. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Pouya Do you mean projection upon the trip? 

Is it a coincidence that so many "I am God" and alike "insights" get posted close after Leo talked about them? Of course not, a lot of folks just listen and project then call it an "insight".

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

17 hours ago, Shaun said:

Only when you dissolve sense of self

17 hours ago, Shaun said:

Go deeper.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.