clouffy

How is Shambhavi Mahamudra different

4 posts in this topic

Anyone can do yoga and benefit from the "calming effects". But is shambhavi any different?

People are saying that shambhavi helped them out big time, but there is little as to say how shambhavi is different from other 21 minute yoga. I'm just curious ;)

1 hour ago, clouffy said:

Anyone can do yoga and benefit from the "calming effects". But is shambhavi any different?

People are saying that shambhavi helped them out big time, but there is little as to say how shambhavi is different from other 21 minute yoga. I'm just curious ;)

I was initially practicing Kriya Yoga(from Leo's booklist) for a few months daily. In my experience, it was more powerful than the vipassana meditation that I was practicing before. 

Then I tried Shambhavi and had an instant effect on my general well-being ("calmness" as you refer). I combined it along with a hatha yoga practice (Surya Kriya) and I can feel how it is instantly effective in many aspects which is honestly hard to put into words.

Basically I would say it increased my baseline level of consciousness and I became more meditative through out the day. However please keep in mind these experiences can be subjective. 

Edited by Chi_

On 6/27/2019 at 9:34 PM, clouffy said:

People can share their experiences (as has been above), but you must understand experiences tend to differ. Even still, taking Inner Engineering and learning the Shambhavi Kriya is well worth your time if you ask me. I say this after having done the Kriya for the last 3 months. If you asked me of my experiences, I'd be left like a "deer in headlights" so to speak. There's a whole range of experiences I've had!

That's not important. What's important is the shift in consciousness you start to feel, and that becomes more and more profound with time. What's different about Shambhavi compared to other practices? I honestly can't answer this as I have not tried any other Kriya's. If you really want to know the answer to this question, then you must find out for yourself. Try it out and see what you find. Good luck!

Yes because the source matters. 

You learn self-inquiry from member on this forum or you learn self-inquiry from an enlightened master face to face makes enormous difference. And the effect it has on you wil be totally differerent. 

Edited by Salvijus