Bryanbrax

IS HE LEGIT

31 posts in this topic

I dont know if you guys heard of this guy his name is rupert spira , he posts videos similar to leo . 

1 minute ago, Bryanbrax said:

I dont know if you guys heard of this guy his name is rupert spira , he posts videos similar to leo . 

Lol give him a try and see for yourself if he is legit or not ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, Bryanbrax said:

I love this man, one of my fave non-dual teachers. Long time subscriber to his YT channel too. 

34fjjt.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

34fjjt.jpg

Yeah, Rupert patented that metaphor :D

I love him too, I try to listen to him daily, he's super legit

try his meditations, he doesn't just speak words, he actually shows you how to see what he's talking about

Leo has one off his books rated as 5/5 stars on his book list.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

5 minutes ago, martins name said:

Leo has one off his books rated as 5/5 stars on his book list.

Which one

@martins name @Bryanbrax please respect Leo's booklist and don't spill the beans. Leo gives us a lot of free content, but this is a paid product, please respect that.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish I do and I agree with you, which is why I intentionally didn't say which one. What I said is basically marketing for the booklist.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Couldnt help myself :D

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

My question is, has anyone here seen through the separate self using only Rupert's direct path method?

3 hours ago, Freakyboo said:

My question is, has anyone here seen through the separate self using only Rupert's direct path method?

Its nothing new.

He simply modernized the advaita vedanta teachings with new metaphors and teaching style. At times he seems like teaching watered down stuff as he doesn't always play the absolute card with everyone. 

But his teachings are legit. Its just that the sweet delivery often makes it seem incosequential and he is patient with his students doing all sorts of mental masturbations with the metaphors and philosophical questions lol

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Bryanbrax When you awaken you will realize is legit.  And when you fully awaken you shall realize he is you.  He's your creation.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

39 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Its nothing new.

He simply modernized the advaita vedanta teachings with new metaphors and teaching style. At times he seems like teaching watered down stuff as he doesn't always play the absolute card with everyone. 

Yes, I realise that.  I'm just wondering if his particular brand of Advaita has resulted in many 'awakenings,' as compared to what he calls the 'progressive paths?'

53 minutes ago, Freakyboo said:

Yes, I realise that.  I'm just wondering if his particular brand of Advaita has resulted in many 'awakenings,' as compared to what he calls the 'progressive paths?'

Depends on what you call 'awakening'.

If you mean a direct glimpse/realization into one's true nature, then any good nonduality teacher should be able to give you one within few minutes, given that the person is open minded and willing to follow that philosophical inquiry- either through a video or face to face conversation or through a book.. In that sense, dozens wake up like that in any nonduality retreats, Rupert's included.

But if you mean firm establishment into that true identity, then no. No one can give you that. That's when the real game begins. You are not seeking anymore. You've found it. And now you are making it true in every situation all the time. And that requires conscious relinquishment of all the ideas associated to oneself and erasing one's habitual structures- and that happens simply due to inattention or non-engagement in those patterns as one only genuinely contemplates about one's real nature and sinking into that.

In contrast to that, the peeps in 'progressive paths' are still seeking. One should be intelligent enough to see this distinction. But hell! even those who do find a glimpse in retreats forgets about it and starts another round of seeking some new fantastical thing once again lol. The perversion of the intellect. So it generally requires being in this circle for a while, have multiple 'awakenings' to finally wise up and see that one is not really coming or going or growing or diminishing- one is ever the same- that intuitive understanding slowly untangles one from the fantasties of new seeking and experiences- and instead encourages one to sink into Being :D 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Freakyboo Rupert Spira is an excellent teacher.Like preetom said he is repackaging advaita using different words.

But his suggestion "aware of being aware" as the best meditation which is nothing but Saakshi - witnessing.Witnessing is talked by all including Nisargadatta Maharaj,Osho,Sri Ramana Maharishi.

You are the witness and be the witness.

But  @PreetomRamana Maharishi,Saadhu OM,Nisargadatta Maharaj,David Godman,Gurudjieff emphasizes Self Enquiry - Self Attention - Focus on the I feeling till it vanishes.

(The moment you know you are - You are Not.

the moment you dont know you are - You are.)- Nisargadatta Maharaj.