RendHeaven

Wheat is actually good for you!?

19 posts in this topic

Please take a look at this article:

https://www.livescience.com/37930-seven-bad-for-you-foods-that-arent.html

It claims that wheat and gluten are great for your health and that "wheat is bad" claims are a myth.

How do we reconcile this with Leo's health video?

I'm just so confused on what to believe regarding wheat anymore, especially since all my friends and family believe it's completely harmless. They keep asking me for "evidence" that it's bad and I must admit no matter what studies I cite I just sound like a fraud.

What I'm realizing is that I just don't have a firm stance on this anymore, but if wheat is really as bad as Leo claims, how is this subject so slippery?

Shouldn't the answer be straightforward? For example - drinking cyanide is bad if you care about your health.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

I've stopped worrying about this long ago. If you have a varied diet you're all set, even if some of the stuff you eat isn't that good, it balances out with the rest.

Just my two cents :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

8 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

I've stopped worrying about this long ago. If you have a varied diet you're all set, even if some of the stuff you eat isn't that good, it balances out with the rest.

Just my two cents :)

I agree, it's stupid to micromanage your foods.

But have you seen Leo's video I linked above?

He calls wheat the number one health detriment (or something of that sort, i'm paraphrasing)

If you need me to find the exact time stamp I will.

So it's not that I'm being nitpicky or paranoid, rather I'm just trying to screw my head on straight. One camp believes wheat is horrible, the other camp believes it's good.

It's hard to walk the middle with something like this.

It's Love.

Experiment you'll find out. There's no need for proof, only awareness and course correction(Of course science and subjective evidence from others is a good place to start but it won't cut it). If it works for you it works for you.

Personally my body doesn't process wheat very well. It may be all those pesticides though.

Sailing on the ceiling 

5 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Experiment you'll find out. There's no need for proof, only awareness and course correction(Of course science and subjective evidence from others is a good place to start but it won't cut it). If it works for you it works for you.

Personally my body doesn't process wheat very well. It may be all those pesticides though.

It's very hard for me to tell because I'm still young and I have a superstar metabolism. I can eat like trash and nothing happens.

Despite this, I eat very clean for athletic purposes. I also think of myself as a visionary, so I like to pretend that I am setting good habits for the future when my metabolism becomes unreliable.

Obviously, there is a clear night and day difference in subtle bodily signs such as "energy" or "mood" when comparing, for example, a fresh salad to a greasy burger.

That one's a no-brainer, and takes minimal awareness.

But sneaking in a loaf of whole wheat bread every morning makes no change whatsoever in "energy" or "mood." And we don't even know if that's because wheat doesn't affect me, or if I'm just straight up lacking awareness.

So I'm still careful then not to proclaim wheat as "good" or "unharmful" just because I don't feel anything.

The truth is that I just don't damn know.

Must I await old age and a slowed metabolism before I get a clear answer? xD:P

@Leo Gura :ph34r::ph34r:

It's Love.

I think the main reason Leo says that wheat is bad for you is because it's empty calories. Carbs don't really do much for you in terms of nutrition. It's also very cheap- hence why it is so popular and widely available. If you look at the standard American diet, every single meal has bread as a filler of sorts. Do you want to be pouring cheap, processed fillers into your body? When I stopped eating carbs my entire life changed, because not only did I lose a significant amount of weight, I also felt much more cognitively engaged. Mind fog disappeared, as did anxiety on a huge level. 

The evidence shows that unless you are coeliac wheat is not an issue. That would be a case of true allergies. 

Many people are intolerant but intolerance itself is not a disease but rather a digestive insufficiency. So if you are not coeliac but find yourself getting rashes and anxieties when eating wheat you have some gut repair to do. 

The other thing is that wheat is a food devoid of most minerals and vitamins, in UK they have to add thiamin niacin anc iron back into it. It is pure empty calories and  wholegrains are always better option. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Do you also find this to be true for organic, stone-ground wholemeal wheat? I was just reading at the store today in one of the breads that this method is rich in nutrients because there is no high speed machinery or heavy processing involved.

B R E A T H E

Unfortunately diet questions are almost never straightforward. It's really common to have a sensitivity to wheat, if not a full blown intolerance. A sensitivity can be as mild as being slightly bloated all the time but never realizing it because wheat is such a common everyday food. It depends on genetics, age and your past diet whether you're sensitive to it. If you can tolerate wheat, you can eat whole wheat in moderation, but balance it out with legumes, rice, and don't neglect other grains. I believe that people have so many problems because we made a very refined version of wheat a food staple, present in almost every meal for years. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@RendHeaven I don't want to add more to your confusion, but I used to read https://blog.bulletproof.com/the-complete-bulletproof-guide-to-grains/ some time ago.

I think one main concern for wheat (and corn) is that it has a high chance of being moldy ( 50%, if I recall, and that is bad for your health). Read the above article with citations on that part.
Don't simply believe everything, though.

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

Wheat is actually an amazing source of macronutrients - protein (for a grain anyways) and carbohydrates, and many other micronutrients when it's whole-grain. Some people are genuinely allergic to it, but if you're not, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just eat a balanced diet, not all bread, and keep your bread on the whole-grain side.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

If you struggle with wheat and digestive issues i highly recommend to purchase some high quality digestive enzymes, especially if you do not consume enough raw "living" foods with molecular structure still in tact thus rich in "enzymes" on a daily basis and especially with and before your meals. This helps quite a lot, i never have cooked food or wholegrain wheat these days without them. You can also increase their effects by mixing with yogurt-water and a dash of lemon juice. Many cultures consume this or other types of "Fermented" beverages or foods before, during or after when they have meals heavy in "wheat" and other foods which are heavy for the human body in general.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

11 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Article you linked is pure devilry

Please explain.

It's Love.

@mandyjw @outlandish So as I suspected... the answer is "wheat is bad" but also "wheat is good."

Must we now add "wheat is both bad AND good," "wheat is neither bad OR good," "wheat is none of that and all of that at the same time," and "wheat transcends all of that entirely" xDxDxD

It's Love.

7 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

@mandyjw @outlandish So as I suspected... the answer is "wheat is bad" but also "wheat is good."

Must we now add "wheat is both bad AND good," "wheat is neither bad OR good," "wheat is none of that and all of that at the same time," and "wheat transcends all of that entirely" xDxDxD

Now you've got it!!! xD;)

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 7/5/2019 at 7:54 PM, RendHeaven said:

Yes, this is what is known as the Great Non-dual Wheat Paradox (GNDWP) xD

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.